• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Perfect Dark Zero Review - Far From Perfect

Shifty

I remember Perfect Dark 64 like it was yesterday.

All I remember of Zero is the arena fight where the Fu Manchu-ass villain is sat in the stands repeatedly shouting "now that's why they call it martial art!" as you fumble around trying to defend yourself with the disappointing new frisbee weapon.

S

SpongebobSquaredance

Unconfirmed Member
there is one thing about this game that is really impressive. the graphics. for 2005 this was definitely a looker. It was also chockfull of content.

anyway.. the controls man... its just so slow and stiff, even if you crank up the turning speeds. I don't know what happened here. the complete opposite of the original in that regard. the original was hampered by the N64 controller, but the mechanics were spot on in spite of this. it was fast and responsive. TimeSplitters improved upon it and made two stick... but Zero plays nothing like those games.

oldergamer

The n64 game was excellent

Such a cool vibe, I really hope they can capture that again with their new title
Ugh god no. It couldn't compete with pc shooters at the time. It was good for n64 but not when compared to other fps games.

I think this time they are using an engine that handles fps extremely well

S

SpongebobSquaredance

Unconfirmed Member
Ugh god no. It couldn't compete with pc shooters at the time. It was good for n64 but not when compared to other fps games.
after playing it emulated with mouse mod I can confidently say that the game also would've been highly regarded if it released on PC instead of N64.

Top Bottom