• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Person of Interest – Season 4 |OT| Gods Will Be Watching – Tuesdays 10/9c

Status
Not open for further replies.
CBS hasn't cancelled it.

And WB was responsible for the Netflix deal, which is what they were complaining about.

They've done everything but cancel it.

I have no idea how Netflix deals are negotiated, so thanks for the clarification. It's not even available on Netflix here, so yeah, it does suck.

Goodstyle

Martine was a scrub, she always had the advantage on people. She was never badass in her own right.

Nah, watch episode 8 and 9 and see for yourself. She was cool. Sure they gave her a goon squad eventually, but the character had a momentum to her until that point. Even if you didn't like her, you gotta admit that her death was dumb.

iosefe

so happy season 4 finally hit netflix.

i just finished episode 11, If-then-Else.

Fusco with
the random kiss to root because simulation
. a bit of humor in the middle of an intense, and then they continue
the simulation with the simplification scene.

so good. as was the rest. god damn

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
I'm only half way through season 4(just done with Ctrl Alt Del), but is there still no date for season 5? That's odd, why is it taking so long to start it? All past seasons began in September.

I'm only half way through season 4(just done with Ctrl Alt Del), but is there still no date for season 5? That's odd, why is it taking so long to start it? All past seasons began in September.
It's only a half season this time. And recent speculation when the Spring schedules were announced is that CBS cancelled so many Summer shows last year that they might air POI in the Summer instead.

D

Deleted member 80556

Unconfirmed Member
Well, guys, I think we all knew this. And it's obvious that we're bound for at least one year of rubbing salt in the wound.

maxcriden

That headline from TV Line is really kind of frustrating because it makes you think we're getting a premiere date and we don't. Blegh. What's the realistic latest it could premiere? April?

That headline from TV Line is really kind of frustrating because it makes you think we're getting a premiere date and we don't. Blegh. What's the realistic latest it could premiere? April?
If some other show fails and gets cancelled they'll probably put it on immediately. Otherwise we might not see it until the spring lineup ends and the summer begins.

Nobility

Banned
1DVXQWS.jpg

Oh good I was meaning to post in here that I have watched this in its entirety since about October and damn is it a great show. The season 4 finale (along with many other episodes) was so amazing. The bit where Pink Floyd came on was just... ooohhhh baby that was good.

It makes me sad that there might only be one more half season but I don't really doubt their abilities to wrap the whole thing up really nicely.

Expected unfortunately. Best show on television and a shame it's going out like this. I have a sliver of hope that maybe they'll continue it on Netflix or perhaps they'll be able to continue the series in some other way such as a sequel, reboot or if JJ Abrams really cared he probably could pull enough weight to do a PoI movie/trilogy or something, but thats highly unlikely given he was never very involved in the series........

CBS president promises PoI will air sometime in the Spring and won't be held until Summer.

Spring ends June 19th, so by my count they can't start later than the end of March, unless they go into dump mode and start doubling up episodes.
Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm will see.

Also have been moving slowly true the show again since half December 2015.
And yesterday I watched the the big 3 of Season 3, and now I'm just emotionally done with the show again for now just a little bit.
Even though it has been a few years its still hard and awesome to watch.

Going to try and finish S03 next week.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
Finally finished season 4 yesterday, Was pretty good, although seeing all 3 walk in front of bullets during the last seconds was a bit ridiculous. As if they could survive that!

Also, am I the one who want to see Greer fucking panic or showing a genuinely shocked face at least once when something doesn't go according to Samaritan's plan? I SO want to see this in season 5. Damn smug bastard. I want Finch to pull the plug/hack/destroy/put a virus in Samaritan while Greer watch in horror. That scene will be the best in POI history.

Finally got around to season 4

In the end, while there were still many things I liked about it (character development for some of the main cast, some standout episodes along with some memorable POIs), there were some noticeable issues that has me questioning whether or not I'm saddened by the news that the fifth season will be the last.

There are some aspects of the show that are starting to feel overused. Too many instances where the main cast are captured and bargained for something else, yet another "John's about to bleed out!" moment, too many instances of "Harold, this person of interest...IS BEING TARGETED BY THE BROTHERHOOD/SAMARITAN!!!!" *smash cut to commercial*.

Some of the newer additions this season felt undeveloped. On a smaller level there's John's budding relationship with his police psychiatrist, a character that felt tacked on and their romance fell pretty flat for me. I know next to nothing about her character and as a result don't really care.

Harper Rose. Not a terrible character but her shtick was already done with Root and Shaw.

Fusco, as much as I love the guy, has plateaued personality wise. He's noticeably lagging behind the rest of the team and seems to serve no other purpose beyond getting knocked unconscious or crack wise.

Dominic and The Brotherhood. Man I was shocked over how little I cared about this addition to the show. I was already put off by Dominic getting the same "the top crime boss was actually the unassuming guy the whole time!" reveal that Elias got. Not to mention that we get nowhere near the same character building with Dominic that we got with Elias.

Beyond that there were just a few more nitpicks, like the kid who played Samaritan's mouthpiece, but like I said, I didn't hate the season and I'm looking forward to seeing where it goes for season 5.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
Watching bits of the superbowl, and seeing the various CBS TV show ads.

Pretty sure I've seen 0 mentions of Person of Interest.

Nobility

Banned
I honestly think that CBS is going to put POI S5 on Sunday after Madam Secretary now that it's confirmed Good Wife is ending.

I wouldn't be surprised if we see it end of March/April time frame.

Chariot

My delusional guess: they want to time it with certain real word events to run parallel, like the primary. I mean Samaritan doesn't really need to, but a presidental race as theme would be pretty interesting. The people vs the literal political machine.

Sober

My delusional guess: they want to time it with certain real word events to run parallel, like the primary. I mean Samaritan doesn't really need to, but a presidental race as theme would be pretty interesting. The people vs the literal political machine.
It's gonna be next to impossible to do it for this season given that they still don't know when they're airing and they've probably already filmed most of their 13 episodes.

Omg, the last three episodes of season 4 were just crazy good.just finished watching the last episode of S4, that welcome to the machine by pink Floyd gave me chills, love this show!

NeOak

Finally got around to season 4

In the end, while there were still many things I liked about it (character development for some of the main cast, some standout episodes along with some memorable POIs), there were some noticeable issues that has me questioning whether or not I'm saddened by the news that the fifth season will be the last.

There are some aspects of the show that are starting to feel overused. Too many instances where the main cast are captured and bargained for something else, yet another "John's about to bleed out!" moment, too many instances of "Harold, this person of interest...IS BEING TARGETED BY THE BROTHERHOOD/SAMARITAN!!!!" *smash cut to commercial*.

Some of the newer additions this season felt undeveloped. On a smaller level there's John's budding relationship with his police psychiatrist, a character that felt tacked on and their romance fell pretty flat for me. I know next to nothing about her character and as a result don't really care.

Harper Rose. Not a terrible character but her shtick was already done with Root and Shaw.

Fusco, as much as I love the guy, has plateaued personality wise. He's noticeably lagging behind the rest of the team and seems to serve no other purpose beyond getting knocked unconscious or crack wise.

Dominic and The Brotherhood. Man I was shocked over how little I cared about this addition to the show. I was already put off by Dominic getting the same "the top crime boss was actually the unassuming guy the whole time!" reveal that Elias got. Not to mention that we get nowhere near the same character building with Dominic that we got with Elias.

Beyond that there were just a few more nitpicks, like the kid who played Samaritan's mouthpiece, but like I said, I didn't hate the season and I'm looking forward to seeing where it goes for season 5.
Somewhat this.

Tbh, I kinda miss the old Finch and Reese doing stuff. The PoI that were victims had more imagination.

The psychiatrist subplot is really meh after the suburban episode with Zoe.

Dominic is so-so. I didn't like that
Elias died too, he was a very fun to watch character

Fusco sadly got sidetracked a lot after the HR storyline ended, since he isn't directly involved with the Samaritan storyline as he was with HR.

RIP
Control
though.

I wish we had gotten more time of Reese playing Poker though. Jim Caviezel has a great poker face.

Also, is Shaw
brainwashed by Samaritan
after all or I misunderstood?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom