• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona 3 Portable, Persona 4 Golden and Persona 5 Royal coming to Xbox Series X|S and PC (Game Pass)

graywolf323

Nintendo obviously saving it for their direct...I hope
hard to say, Atlus did bring Persona 5 Strikers to the Switch but then skipped it for the upcoming Soul Hackers 2

I do hope you're right though, I'd love to play these on the go on my Switch

Last edited:

Swift_Star

Banned
That would be hilarious enough.
As it was already announced to other platforms and MS didn't gloat about "console launch exclusive", I'm guessing it isn't. I'd go as far as bet this might be release on PS+ Extra, but regardless, it's not an exclusive whatsoever.

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
Looks like we're getting a Switch announcement soon. Listings for the game have gone up on some retailers.

Thabass

Looks like we're getting a Switch announcement soon. Listings for the game have gone up on some retailers.

I mean it's kind of expected now, that Persona 5 is coming to the Switch. It seems pretty logical if it's going to be on Xbox and PC, along with PS5 that the Switch would be around the corner.

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.
Waiting on 4.....

Played through 5 (original), loved it. But I'm not playing through a 100 hour game again to see just a bit more content.
It's not "a bit more content"
Playing Royal when you played the original is eyebrow raising, with a lot of what you think you know...you don't know.
Even combat is changed slightly.
And then new characters are intertwined in between it all.
It's a bit more then a bit more content.

Last edited:

Raven117

Playing Royal when you played the original is eyebrow raising, with a lot of what you think you know...you don't know.
I understand that. But at 100 hours, can’t do it. And I live P5

El

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.
I understand that. But at 100 hours, can’t do it. And I live P5

El
Yeah that's completely understandable, it's why I ain't bothering with the PS5 version ( mainly because it adds nothing)
But having to restart it every time because they released a new version is annoying.

It's really not, the new content they added is piss. A tiny handful of new events that aren't interesting (and P5 already had a problem with this compared to P4), shitty new character forced into the narrative (worse than P4G even), the extra story is just as weak as the main game's but also they decided to put it and the new dungeon directly after the original ending when the player is going to be burnt out...

Raven117

Indeed. I will scoop the game up on Switch for the novelty and collectors reasons but since it has been a long while since I played P5:R, I don't mind playing it again on PC.
Fair. Its been a few years to be sure.

I'll just listen to the soundtrack again. :D

Kimahri

Banned
It's really not, the new content they added is piss. A tiny handful of new events that aren't interesting (and P5 already had a problem with this compared to P4), shitty new character forced into the narrative (worse than P4G even), the extra story is just as weak as the main game's but also they decided to put it and the new dungeon directly after the original ending when the player is going to be burnt out...
Sounds like Tales of Vesperia DE all over again. God damn the original version is so superior it's funny.

Sounds like Tales of Vesperia DE all over again. God damn the original version is so superior it's funny.
I wouldn't go that far. Tales of Vesperia DE was just a bad port of the original where every version had messed up frame timings. Persona 5 Royal has actual added content, it just all sucks

It’s the portable version that plays like a visual novel. Don’t know why they’re pushing that for Xbox and PC instead of P3:FES.
It's the best version of the game. Navigation is done quickly through a menu instead of requiring the player to slowly run through the same environments hundreds of times. Visual novels ftw

Amerikan

Banned
It's the best version of the game. Navigation is done quickly through a menu instead of requiring the player to slowly run through the same environments hundreds of times. Visual novels ftw
It’s not even the original version if you pick the female character. Visual novels were great, but I don’t go in McDonald’s expecting wine and fine dining.

Last edited:
It’s not even the original version if you pick the female character. Visual novels were great, but I don’t go in McDonald’s expecting wine and fine dining.
Who cares if it's the "original" version? It's the best version. It's a more concise expression of exactly the same thing. It doesn't lose very much in the way of nuance, because Persona 3 isn't high art in the first place.

Amerikan

Banned
Who cares if it's the "original" version? It's the best version. It's a more concise expression of exactly the same thing. It doesn't lose very much in the way of nuance, because Persona 3 isn't high art in the first place.
Because ‘original’ is objective, whereas it being the ‘best’ is just your wrong opinion?

Kimahri

Banned
I wouldn't go that far. Tales of Vesperia DE was just a bad port of the original where every version had messed up frame timings. Persona 5 Royal has actual added content, it just all sucks
So does DE. It's that PlayStation version that was released after the initial release on Xbox 360.

Lots of new dialogues, a new characters, all just fluff and filler material tjat was rightly cut from the original.

Petopia

Banned
Gonna curb their enthusiasm and check the completion rate of these games to see if Xbox guys cap or not, but it's obvious.

DenchDeckard

Moderated wildly
Gonna curb their enthusiasm and check the completion rate of these games to see if Xbox guys cap or not, but it's obvious.

What's the completion rate vs copies sold on PlayStation out of interest?

Also, gonna be a crazy metric to try and judge when taking a service like game pass or ps plus into play as a lot of people may just fire it up to try for a few hours.

Still, I'm interested in your playstation data for the series. Well p5.

Petopia

Banned

Also, gonna be a crazy metric to try and judge when taking a service like game pass or ps plus into play as a lot of people may just fire it up to try for a few hours.

I'm a PC guy through and through, at least I ain't capping for these games now that they're finally ok Xbox starting with p3 since what 2008. You can look it up it's gearbomodo didn't finish it but I know your just cappin.

graywolf323

out of curiosity I went & checked for Persona 5: Royal it shows the trophy ‘The Path Chosen’ which is for watching the ending has been gotten by 40.8% of players

oh and the original Persona 5, which was given away in the PS+ PS5 game collection, the trophy ‘A New Journey’ for watching the ending was only gotten by 28.1% of players

obviously it’ll likely be lower on Xbox since a number of people will try it out from GamePass and decide the game isn’t for them but hopefully a good chunk of those that do play it still beat it because it’s a fantastic game ^_^ I’m hoping for ~25% of players getting it’s watch the ending achievement, I very well might play through it again on GP just to see how it runs

Still can't preorder on Amazon. it's the 22nd september and the game is out 21st october.

at least the listings are up now but it still says out of stock. at this rate i might need to preorder through GAME :messenger_face_screaming:

edit: still not available. they are taking the piss.

Last edited:

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
Some lucky folks are getting their copies early

FeqUJd_agAAJIYo

FeqUJeJaMAEhwCq

Last edited:
Top Bottom