• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona 3 Reload soundtrack comparison preview vs the original OST

Go_Ly_Dow

Not a fan of removing the French from Changing Seasons, which is probably my fav track from the original. :messenger_crying:

Hopefully Atlus include the option to toggle between the remastered and original soundtrack at launch...

Lokaum D+

Persona OST

This Is Delicious So Good GIF by SWR3

Paltheos

I spoke about this a few months ago but I don't like replacing Yumi Kawamura with a native English singer for When the Moon's Reaching out Stars. The new delivery is too smooth and not as sharply punctuated to fit the frantic pace of the song (I also think the new singer is just worse?). Other tracks fare better. I might like Living with Determination more - the piano takes a back seat to a louder bass line and that piano was really important to the original but it sounds... different in a good way? Changing with the Seasons is an overall improvement I think. Again the vocals at the start aren't great but I like the later, lower-key vocals that serve to supplement the trumpet rather than letting it do all the work. This was one of my favorite tracks from Persona 3 but it's one that benefits from being busier so I think I might like the new version for that. Haven't examined everything yet but my impression's still skewed negative.

Kurotri

Color Your Night is my fav, and I agree with the guy in that the new singer is great but she really only shines in the new tracks. Can't top Yumi in that regard. However, the tracks are still great for what they are.

Rambone

Persona 3 had some pretty awesome tracks, almost iconic for the series. Looking forward to the 'new' ones but it would be cool if there was a way to incorporate the old songs in to mix up tracks a bit to keep things interesting.

Top Bottom