• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona 3 Remake and Persona 6 apparently “far along” in development with reveals planned for this summer

Draugoth

Gold Member
persona_3_portable.jpg

Persona series insider, Im A Hero Too, on ResetEra has provided an update on what Atlus is up to and how their schedule is coming along. The individual previously said that a full remake of Persona 3 is in development at Atlus along with the next mainline Persona game which is, Persona 6. The insider claims that both games are currently “far along in development” which sounds as though they are both progressing well and that Atlus is planning to reveal both Persona 3 Remake and Persona 6 sometime this summer.

“Remake is pretty far along last I saw but so was 6. Last I heard, summer reveal. With 3 games in dev, I’m still shocked they keep cancelling/changing reveal timing with events/press.”
Source

Mobile Suit Gooch

Grundle: The Awakening
If P6 continues the slide downward in quality and tone of P5 - then it can take as long as it wants to come out. Something tells me with the great success of P5 and it's offspring we are going to get more of it, than a return to the mature tone of the series.

. . . which is unfortunate.
Not gonna lie, I loved Persona 5 but I hated the popularity.

TintoConCasera

I bought a sex doll, but I keep it inflated 100% of the time and use it like a regular wife
If P6 continues the slide downward in quality and tone of P5 - then it can take as long as it wants to come out. Something tells me with the great success of P5 and it's offspring we are going to get more of it, than a return to the mature tone of the series.

. . . which is unfortunate.
While the vanilla side of P5 might have it's highs and lows, the new semester added in P5 Royal had what imo was pretty cool writting and all the "morally grey stuff that the SMT series is known for.

Barakov

persona_3_portable.jpg

Persona series insider, Im A Hero Too, on ResetEra has provided an update on what Atlus is up to and how their schedule is coming along. The individual previously said that a full remake of Persona 3 is in development at Atlus along with the next mainline Persona game which is, Persona 6. The insider claims that both games are currently “far along in development” which sounds as though they are both progressing well and that Atlus is planning to reveal both Persona 3 Remake and Persona 6 sometime this summer.

Source
CCrdc5F.jpg

LordCBH

I’d rather no 3 remake. It could use it, but….

As for 6, fuck yeah! Hopefully they continue to flip the weirdos screaming about bullshit the bird.

AmuroChan

That's awesome, but remember that P5 was announced in 2013 and released in 2016. So even if P6 gets announced this summer, we're probably not getting it any time soon.

laynelane

A P3 remake has my interest since I probably won't buy the portable version. I have the original game, but it'd be nice to play on a current console.

YukiOnna

Persona 3 is in dire need of one, so hopefully this isn't hogwash, there's no definitive version after all. As for Persona 6, I'm still cautiously optimistic. We'll see if it can top the Hashino era trilogy for me with all new staff, but hopefully they have Ito directing it (if he's not on 3R). Hard to top P3 - P4/G - P5/R for me.

On the flip side, I hope Hashino can finally reveal Re Fantasy this year? please??

YukiOnna

I’ve been waiting on this for so goddamn long….please I just want a little morsel.
Our guy said development has been in "climax" for 2 years in a row and was absent in the annual end of year comments.... Praying that means something.

ANDS

King of Gaslighting
Not gonna lie, I loved Persona 5 but I hated the popularity.

P5 is an excellent game and hands down has the best gameplay of the series showing they can continue to update the formula while still being "Persona." What it also had - in my opinion - was the worst script of any SMT game I've played and a tone that completely tossed out the haunting aesthetic that I feel Persona (especially P4G) is known for. P5 wasn't a "happy" game at all for sure, but like we're dealing with people getting murdered in TV's and kids putting bullets in their domes to summon personas (though the face mask rip is pretty brutal) in the previous games. Maybe if the script (and translation) had been a better, we might've gotten some of that, but I feel at its core P5 is just a "lighter" story in general. . .to it's detriment.

. . .all I'm saying is, lets get Persona dirty again. Maybe skip kids next time and do an adult focused story.

EDMIX

I'm not surprised at a remake or Persona 6 (we called that shit years ago)

Merely I'm surprised the remake is 3 lol

I thought they would do 1 and 2 like how they did with Yakuza 1 and 2 to welcome people into the IP or something. Either way, hype, day 1 and I hope they end up doing 1 and 2 after or something if 3 remake does well.

JokerMM JokerMM THIS 100x

I was just having this conversation a few week ago on how I wanted Persona 6 to take place in a college and have cameos of some of the other characters grown up. It would make more sense for the dorms and would make sense on the travel, but with how safe Japan is, its not unusual for high school kids to travel on their own through out the country compared to.......the west lol

Last edited:

Elysion

Banned
I wonder what the setting and theme for P6 will be, and what style of music we can expect.

P3 was hip-hop, P4 was pop, P5 was jazz, so maybe P6 will be synthwave/vaporwave? Maybe the theme will be about society‘s current obsession with nostalgia and a longing for the past (which is reflected in the recent flood of remakes and reboots of old games/movies/tv shows, and the dearth of truly original content), in which case synth/vaporwave (maybe mixed with citypop) would be very fitting.

Ar¢tos

I wonder what the setting and theme for P6 will be, and what style of music we can expect.

P3 was hip-hop, P4 was pop, P5 was jazz, so maybe P6 will be synthwave/vaporwave? Maybe the theme will be about society‘s current obsession with nostalgia and a longing for the past (which is reflected in the recent flood of remakes and reboots of old games/movies/tv shows, and the dearth of truly original content), in which case synth/vaporwave (maybe mixed with citypop) would be very fitting.
Ragtime would be cool, but I honestly don't see that happening.

Deft Beck

Maybe there'll be a time travel element with those themes.

Gorgon

Moving away from the tiresome and spent high-school kids premise would certainly be welcome, not just for Persona but for the SMT line as a whole, although the latter ocassionally has early twenties characters, but even the latter is getting stale. I think some of this has to do with tradition and the misguided idea that the fan base, especially in Japan, are all kids or early-20's people themselves. I wonder what the demographics really are in terms of sales, both in Japan and in the West. I'm sure a sizeable part of long time fans of the series are now themselves in their 40-50s.

Kind of reminds me of the old memes that feudal-Japanese themed games would not sell well in the West, or Michael Patcher saying that Red Dead Redemption would fail outside of the US because no one else cares about "cowboys". The reason why such games failed to sell great before was because they were either downright dog-shit or didn't have the necessary production values to make them appealing to the masses and thus translate into sales.

Anyway, I'd like a P3 remake as well as P6, although I'd like some of the other SMT lines to be revisited too. Just get rid of the fucking boring randomly-generated dungeons. The latter was the brown spot in the otherwise excellent P4.

Top Bottom