• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona 5 is being removed from the PS Plus Collection (VGC)

Amiga

Weird… I wonder why.
AFAIK 3rd party games were always paid for a limited time. could be annual. P5 could have peaked interest and keeping it on the service is not gaining them value enough for the price paid to Sega. 1st party games cost them nothing to keep on the service.

EDMIX

Sony are unrecognizable recently.

Sega own that IP btw....

ethomaz ethomaz its both.

I'd side with it being a PS3 game with a PS4 remaster or something lol When Persona 5 was announced, it was only for PS3...PS4 version came later after a delay when it was cross gen, basically like BoTW.

Was announced on Wii U, delayed many times, came to both Wii U and Switch. You might like it more on Switch, you might get majority sales from Switch....it doesn't change the game was made for Wii U, ported to Switch during development or something. So more argues its a PS3 game ported, then a PS4 game as I don't see enough to even make that claim at this point.

Last edited:

Esca

Real shame it is leaving. It's not the type of game that will jump out to many and be missed. Having it a part of ps+ collection was great cause you could get people that were at least semi interested to try it out and hopefully become fans of the series.

on another note, I need remastered of P3Fes and P4 Golden in the my ps4/5 ok take whichever. Doesn't feel the same playing p4 on my pc

EDMIX

Real shame it is leaving. It's not the type of game that will jump out to many and be missed. Having it a part of ps+ collection was great cause you could get people that were at least semi interested to try it out and hopefully become fans of the series.

on another note, I need remastered of P3Fes and P4 Golden in the my ps4/5 ok take whichever. Doesn't feel the same playing p4 on my pc

I'm really hoping that Sega gives them the Yakuza treatment that it got last gen, ala 2 remakes, 3 remasters, 2 new entries lol

Remake 1 and 2, remaster 3,4 and 5, announce 6.

...it can work, they can do it!

Esca

I'm really hoping that Sega gives them the Yakuza treatment that it got last gen, ala 2 remakes, 3 remasters, 2 new entries lol

Remake 1 and 2, remaster 3,4 and 5, announce 6.

...it can work, they can do it!

I like your thinking. I can see it, just depends if atlus is doing any more of it than working on P6. They aren't the quickest debs around if my memory serves me correct

EDMIX

I like your thinking. I can see it, just depends if atlus is doing any more of it than working on P6. They aren't the quickest debs around if my memory serves me correct

True, but I'd expect Sega to outsource the remasters and beef up the teams for the remakes or something. As I'm 99% the normal Yakuza team didn't do all the remasters and stuff

Keihart

Maybe the game will launch on PC some time in the future and Atlus wants to have more leverage for people to buy it again?
I don't know, seems possible, everything SMT related is coming on PC lately , there doesn't seem to be any PS attachment now.

ethomaz

Banned
Sega own that IP btw....

ethomaz ethomaz its both.

I'd side with it being a PS3 game with a PS4 remaster or something lol When Persona 5 was announced, it was only for PS3...PS4 version came later after a delay when it was cross gen, basically like BoTW.

Was announced on Wii U, delayed many times, came to both Wii U and Switch. You might like it more on Switch, you might get majority sales from Switch....it doesn't change the game was made for Wii U, ported to Switch during development or something. So more argues its a PS3 game ported, then a PS4 game as I don't see enough to even make that claim at this point.

I mean it is the PS4 version they are taking about… that is the one available in PS+.

As the PS3’s Cell is way different then the versions are different I believe… it is not a simple port but yes it is available on PS3 and PS4.

Last edited:

wipeout364

Maybe it will be replaced with a surprise drop of the remastered Digital Devil Saga.
lJzIbtJ.jpg

Shmunter

I thought games under PS Plus collection supposed to stay permanently as you are subscribed?
If you claim it, you keep it for good. Games get changed on a monthly window.

With the instant collection however - they seemingly have stuck around unaltered since the ps5 release. But realistically the lineup does still need to change as the games become too old and less relevant, a different title should take the spot.

lh032

I cry about Xbox and hate PlayStation.
If you claim it, you keep it for good. Games get changed on a monthly window.

With the instant collection however - they seemingly have stuck around unaltered since the ps5 release. But realistically the lineup does still need to change as the games become too old and less relevant, a different title should take the spot.
yea i guessed so, i think another reason of psplus collection is to attract new users into PS5 ecosystem or PS4 users to migrate to PS5 as soonest.

Since we are in 2022 now, i think Sony may pull out other games as well to save some licensing fee

SSfox

I though PS plus collection games were permanent, not that i care much since i bought P5R, but this thing is weird.

Top Bottom