• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona 5 sells 7.22 million. Persona series 15.5 million. 77% of sales outside Japan.

Hopefully Atlus wake up now and take western audiences more seriously. I hope this makes them rethink making Persona 6 a Playstation exclusive and instead release it on as many platforms as possible. Worldwide releases should be standard instead of Japan first. Maybe remakes for Persona 1, 2, and 3 FES?

Persona 5 is one of my favourite games of all time so I'm happy to see it doing well especially with the recent release on Xbox, PC, and Switch.

Last edited:

Three

Hopefully Atlus wake up now and take western audiences more seriously. I hope this makes them rethink making Persona 6 a Playstation exclusive and instead release it on as many platforms as possible.
As much as I support the game being multiplatform there is something you are entirely missing. This stat has nothing to do with an xbox or other platform release
Sega-P5-WW-Stat.jpg

Notice it says as of March 2022.

Last edited:
As much as I support the game being multiplatform there is something you are entirely missing. This stat has nothing to do with an xbox or other platform release
Sega-P5-WW-Stat.jpg

Notice it says as of March 2022.
i never did say it was to do with the multiplatform release though.

Those numbers are mostly PlayStation, and Switch for Strikers.
well it will be even higher now.

Last edited:

Mr Moose

i never did say it was to do with the multiplatform release though.

well it will be even higher now.
You worded the OP weirdly, it looked like you were contributing the success to the wider release, when this is mostly just PlayStation and nothing to do with the newer platforms.
I hope this makes them rethink making Persona 6 a Playstation exclusive
so I'm happy to see it doing well especially with the recent release on Xbox, PC, and Switch.
This number wouldn't make them rethink anything.

Thaedolus

Gold Member
I picked it up on Steam even though I have GamePass and have the original PS4 release. P4G and P5R are the perfect Steam Deck games

Last edited:
You worded the OP weirdly, it looked like you were contributing the success to the wider release, when this is mostly just PlayStation and nothing to do with the newer platforms.

This number wouldn't make them rethink anything.
I was saying that with the series doing so well I hoped they would rethink the Playstation exclusivity. I mean, if that's just Playstation imagine what they could do with PS, Xbox, Switch, PC.

Thought that was obvious but apparently not.

and if you're going to quote me do it properly and not pick and choose what you quote. You say i worded it weirdly but can't quote me right :messenger_unamused:

Mr Moose

I was saying that with the series doing so well I hoped they would rethink the Playstation exclusivity. I mean, if that's just Playstation imagine what they could do with PS, Xbox, Switch, PC.

and if you're going to quote me do it properly and not pick and choose what you quote. You say i worded it weirdly but can't quote me right :messenger_unamused:
I quoted the parts to what I was trying to get across as worded weirdly (because these numbers are mostly just PlayStation, and some from Switch version of Strikers). I don't know how well it's selling with the newer release. If we're only just getting numbers from March, fuck knows how long we'll have to wait until their next numbers drop.

Vyse

Gold Member
Hopefully Atlus wake up now and take western audiences more seriously. I hope this makes them rethink making Persona 6 a Playstation exclusive and instead release it on as many platforms as possible. Worldwide releases should be standard instead of Japan first. Maybe remakes for Persona 1, 2, and 3 FES?

Persona 5 is one of my favourite games of all time so I'm happy to see it doing well especially with the recent release on Xbox, PC, and Switch.
Playing Persona 5 for the first time right now. Amazing game. Didn’t know much about it before now. Can’t wait to get into more games in the series.

I bought this game 4 times. Original persona 5 and persona 5 royal on ps4. And now I have steelbook editions of both ps5 and Switch versions. I love this game.

Last edited:

GhostOfTsu

Banned
The estimate is from March 2022, so no GP or Xbox/Switch/PC sales included.

But Persona 5 is right now within top 10 most actively played games on console/pc/cloud, all 3 game pass venues (on console it was #2 a day or two ago)

So it's safe to say it'll be a truck load of GP users.
This thread is about sales and I don't see it on the Xbox Top 100. They had plenty of "players" when it was on PS+ too. That's not the point of this thread or the sales report.

Don't tell me the physical sales are better than digital like you did for Soul Hackers 2. It was only 4% in the UK, no reason to believe it's higher elsewhere.

yazenov

You could say that for every exclusive game.

That fact is that exclusives will still be a thing as long as the platform holders are willing to pay for exclusives to increase the value of their console, which in turn helps in offsetting some of the cost of marketing and so forth, and fill their pockets with guaranteed returns.

Look at Shin Megami Tensei 5 and Monster hunter Rise as other examples of exclusive games on Nintendo.

Persona 6 will remain a Sony-exclusive game so long as Sony wants it to be exclusive, same with Final Fantasy 16 and Final Fantasy Remake.

You make a straw man's argument using the positive news of the sales of Persona 5 , which was exclusive to PS in an attempt to aid your argument which has no correlation to it being multiplatform.

spons

Gold Member
Releasing Strikers on Switch before Persona 5 itself was jarring. I suppose it was in a contract with Sony or some shit, because the moment they could they released it on every device in existence.

Did XBox ever say how long Persona 5R will be exclusive on their Game Pass? I can't imagine XBox doing a deal to get P5R onto their subscription without an exclusive period, which would rule out Sony having the game on their service at the same time.

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
This thread is about sales and I don't see it on the Xbox Top 100. They had plenty of "players" when it was on PS+ too. That's not the point of this thread or the sales report.

Don't tell me the physical sales are better than digital like you did for Soul Hackers 2. It was only 4% in the UK, no reason to believe it's higher elsewhere.

So insecure :messenger_tears_of_joy:

Persona 5 is #101 on the Xbox top paid charts, which explains why you stopped at 100 and didn't go to page 12 like Soul Hackers.

It was also physically sold out around the launch weeks on both Target and Gamestop

FctmWlkXwAI53dG

And it is the top 10 most played games on a service the game is available on.

Peaked at #2 yesterday, best result for a JRPG on the service so far.

FgCrYWDXoAAGgzW

Last edited:

JaksGhost

Did XBox ever say how long Persona 5R will be exclusive on their Game Pass? I can't imagine XBox doing a deal to get P5R onto their subscription without an exclusive period, which would rule out Sony having the game on their service at the same time.
I doubt Sony is clamoring for it on their service after having ample time to include it. 2 years of including Persona 5 in their collection of games for PS5 owners and even including Strikers as a PS Plus game last year kind of draws my opinion in that direction. But who knows.

nocsi

I doubt Sony is clamoring for it on their service after having ample time to include it. 2 years of including Persona 5 in their collection of games for PS5 owners and even including Strikers as a PS Plus game last year kind of draws my opinion in that direction. But who knows.
It's kinda pointless to include it on PS Plus, most sales for Persona are happening on Playstation anyways - it'd end up devaluing the sales that happens on the platform. Sony does however do a lot of advertising for Atlus, they consistently release marketing materials for them.

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
Saying Top 105 doesn't make that any better.

No, but seeing the game being sold out around launch weeks and also getting good traction on a service it's on is relevant.

Also, this topic is about sales reported as of March so no other platform was included in it anyway.

GhostOfTsu

Banned
So insecure :messenger_tears_of_joy:

Persona 5 is #101 on the Xbox top paid charts, which explains why you stopped at 100 and didn't go to page 12 like Soul Hackers.

It was also physically sold out around the launch weeks on both Target and Gamestop

FctmWlkXwAI53dG
I'm sorry it's number 101 right before Battlefront II (2005) on the original Xbox at full price. Very impressive for a new release to beat that in 2022 🤣

You and OP both played and finished Persona 5 on PlayStation and now you're both on this weird crusade to get Persona 6 on Xbox.

Who is insecure?

Top Bottom