• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona 6 Rumor Sheds Light on Reveal and Exclusivity

SlimeGooGoo

Party Gooper
In a recent podcast from a video game leaker that goes by the name Nate the Hate, it was suggested that Persona 6 will be announced in the latter half of 2022.
Nate specifically referred to how Atlus is making a number of ongoing announcements with the Persona series over the course of this year and indicated that these reveals will conclude with the eventual unveiling of Persona 6. "Atlus has hyped up this anniversary for Persona and they continue to say,

'We have announcements leading up all the way to September of 2022,' which I would anticipate is probably the timing when Persona 6 is announced as a PlayStation 5 exclusive," he said. He went on to say that leading to this Persona 6 reveal, a Persona title from the past could also be coming to new platforms. "I think in the build-up to that we get Persona 4 for the Switch," he stated.

Hendrick's

If only my penis was as big as my GamerScore!
giphy.webp

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.
I didn't believe it until I saw the Persona 4 on Switch bit.
Releasing Persona 4 on anything but Playstation sounds like something Atlus would do.

Abriael_GN

RSI Employee of the Year
Is this just his feelings or is this based on anything. It just sounds like hes musing.

This is literally two people discussing personal predictions (and having different predictions at that). Nowhere they say they talk out of any knowledge as "Insiders" or "leakers."

Comicbook's writer likely had a slow news day and pretty much invented a rumor or leak that does not exist for clicks misrepresenting what the YouTubers said. Apparently, for this site, reporting every little unsubstantiated rumor they can find isn't enough and they have to invent new ones.

So if it doesn't happen, blame the website, not the YouTubers. There's no leak or rumor here. It's literally a bag of nothing.

Last edited:

Shubh_C63

Of all the games that could work on both PS4 and PS5, did it has to be Persona 6 with the exclusivity, one of my favs.

If there's no source behind this I highly doubt they wil ditch entire PS4 base.

SNG32

I’m betting P5 Royal will drop for PC and Persona 6 will be exclusive to Sony consoles but obviously timed. Only way I can see atlus making it a PS5 exclusive is if it’s also coming to PC. Otherwise I’m a assuming it’s PS5/PS4

Ozzie666

Playing strikes has me pumped for a new turn based persona, but the time from a teaser to reveal could be years. Such a tormenting wait.

Really wonder how the cast will be. I've really come to appreciate Persona 5's in the now moment with phones and apps, etc. But part of me would love a Persona set in the 80's or something. Anyhow looking forward to whatever they bring out. I also wonder if they mix up the formula from 3-4-5 at all.

Papacheeks

Banned
they should launch on all platforms. ps5, series x|s, switch, and PC.

don't really want to have to buy a ps5 for just one game.

I’m not trying to be a dick, but if you are into Japanese games specifically anything Atlus, Tr-ace, Arc systems, FF then having a Japanese console is a must. I’ll be getting a switch again for Xenoblade chronicles 3 at some point.

Can’t complain at Atlus and the likes where their games are developed in Japan and release primarily on Japanese consoles.

Nautilus

Banned
I’m not trying to be a dick, but if you are into Japanese games specifically anything Atlus, Tr-ace, Arc systems, FF then having a Japanese console is a must. I’ll be getting a switch again for Xenoblade chronicles 3 at some point.

Can’t complain at Atlus and the likes where their games are developed in Japan and release primarily on Japanese consoles.
Nowadays, if you want to make a game for a japanese console, you have to make it for a Nintendo console. Given the PS5 performamce there, you don't really have much of a choice.

spons

Gold Member
Sony probably pays Atlus millions for this shit. Either that or they're dumb as a rock by not porting this to every platform in existence. And make me mad in the process because now I can't play these games.

kyussman

A few years ago Phil Spencer would have read about Persona exclusivity and thought,goddam it!......these days he's probably like,whatever.....STARFIELD MOTHERFUCKERS!

This is Franchise suicide. Check the Famitsu threads if you want to gauge whether exclusivity is advantageous for this Very Japanese franchise.

Nintendo stands a good chance and sweeping top 30 software for the entirety of 2022.

It's 2022 everything gets ported to Steam. Hell P4golden isn't even on PlayStation :messenger_grinning_smiling:

Fbh

Given their long dev time, early announcements and tendency to release standalone enhanced editions, this is probably still far away.
It's probably going to be 4 years for it it come out, then 1-2 extra years for the enhanced edition.

FingerBang

Not surprised. Sony paid for part of the development of P5 and P5R, which is the reason why you will never see them on other consoles. Ever wondered why the game is not on Switch, even though the main character is in Smash and Strikers is multiplatform?
P1 to 4 don't have that kind of deal and are free to be published anywhere. The reason is just Atlus not liking easy money ("we're too small to work on several ports"). Hopefully things change this year.

Top Bottom