• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona 6 Rumor Sheds Light on Reveal and Exclusivity

Seeing as Persona 5 was simultaneously released on PS3 and PS4, I'm pretty sure P6 will launch on PS4 as well.

Likely, it's a PlayStation exclusive, as usual.

TheTony316

This is Franchise suicide. Check the Famitsu threads if you want to gauge whether exclusivity is advantageous for this Very Japanese franchise.

Nintendo stands a good chance and sweeping top 30 software for the entirety of 2022.

It's not suicide when over 85% of P5 sales came outside of Japan. For example, Persona 5 (vanilla) sold 3.2 million units. 400k were from Japan, that's "only" ~12%.

Last edited:

TheTony316

Cute Two Bee

828711.jpg
:pie_fwt:

Kokoloko85

Persona mainline has mostly been exclusive to Playstation, well timed in some cases etc. Not surprised

Last edited:

Lognor

Banned
Persona 6 will at minimum be on PS4 and PS5. Outside chance of it coming to Switch and PC, maybe not day one, but I could see it happening due to those massive audiences. No way it's exclusive to PS5 though. At least the last two Persona games have been cross gen. Atlus will continue with that, especially with so few PS5s sold at this point.

I believe Persona 6 is coming to PS4 for sure.
Doesn’t sony help fund mainline persona games? If so, don’t know why anyone is shocked
No, there was no indication of that. People just assumed that Sony pays for that as the games never came to other platforms day 1 (I believe?).
Unless something changed I am pretty sure the situation with Atlus is similar to Yakuza's studio - one exec just doesn't want to release on anything else other than Playstation. So unless he is replaced it is gonna be like this.

Last edited:

Mobile Suit Gooch

Grundle: The Awakening

No, there was no indication of that. People just assumed that Sony pays for that as the games never came to other platforms day 1 (I believe?).
Unless something changed I am pretty sure the situation with Atlus is similar to Yakuza's studio - one exec just doesn't want to release on anything else other than Playstation. So unless he is replaced it is gonna be like this.
Kinda like the mainline SMT games on Nintendo hardware. III being the exception.

AmuroChan

But unlike Yakuza, the execs at Atlus are clearly not opposed to other platforms. Persona is on PS. SMT is on Nintendo. P4G port is on PC but not consoles. Whatever their thinking is, it's all very strange.

Last edited:
I can only surmise there is some strange Japanese business culture going on at Atlus. And Sega doesn't want to interfere.

At least on PC we have emulators.

Woopah

I wouldn't trust comicbook.com.at so all. They made an article from a throwaway comment.

Nate is just speculating here. He never says he can confirm the platforms or announcement timing.

But unlike Yakuza, the execs at Atlus are clearly not opposed to other platforms. Persona is on PS. SMT is on Nintendo. P4G port is on PC but not consoles. Whatever their thinking is, it's all very strange.
The thing is that neither SMT nor Persona ever went to other platforms aside Nintendo / Playstation. Same with Yakuza until the last moment. PC port was a very surprising thing and even then it felt like somebody forced Atlus to do that :messenger_tears_of_joy:

AmuroChan

The thing is that neither SMT nor Persona ever went to other platforms aside Nintendo / Playstation. Same with Yakuza until the last moment. PC port was a very surprising thing and even then it felt like somebody forced Atlus to do that :messenger_tears_of_joy:

I would really want to know who would force Atlus to release P4G port to just PC? Business people want to make as much money as possible. The notion that execs at these studios are fanboying over certain platforms and intentionally causing their own companies to make less money just sound unbelievably dumb.

No one will care about the PS4 by the time this is finally released.
I think everyone views crossgen even more differently with how the new gen systems can co-exist with olders ones making financial sense to release it on multiple consoles even within a singular platform. It wouldn't be a shock to see this on PS4, PS5, and even PS6.

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
Lets say even by a chance P6 is PS5 exclusive, its still going to look like a PS4 game, so to me it doesn't matter tis cross gen or not.

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
The way I see it:

Mainline (new) Persona - PS
Mainline (new) SMT - Nintendo
Persona spinoffs - Anything but Xbox
Old SMT ports (and probably spinoffs) - Anything but Xbox

Last edited:
The notion that execs at these studios are fanboying over certain platforms and intentionally causing their own companies to make less money just sound unbelievably dumb.
Except it is not. Sakura Wars was a notorious example in that regard. Believe it or not, game directors have a lot of sway regarding where the game goes. Though when the game flops they lose their position (sometimes), if game does not flop - not necessary succesful - they continue to have their position. It is pretty common even outside the game dev.

AmuroChan

Except it is not. Sakura Wars was a notorious example in that regard. Believe it or not, game directors have a lot of sway regarding where the game goes. Though when the game flops they lose their position (sometimes), if game does not flop - not necessary succesful - they continue to have their position. It is pretty common even outside the game dev.

I'm not saying it doesn't happen. I'm saying those people are stupid. Fanboyism is dumb, whether you're just a gamer or an exec.

I'm not saying it doesn't happen. I'm saying those people are stupid. Fanboyism is dumb, whether you're just a gamer or an exec.
But it is a part and parcel of almost anything. People fought over music groups, comic characters, even colors. Even in science there are fanboys arguing over the correct theories and so on, unless proven otherwise :messenger_tears_of_joy:

Last edited:

AmuroChan

But it is a part and parcel of almost anything. People fought over music groups, comic characters, even colors. Even in science there are fanboys arguing over the correct theories and so on, unless proven otherwise :messenger_tears_of_joy:

Again, I understand it happens. It doesn't make me want to like it.

Top Bottom