• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PETA Wants Far Cry 6 to Remove Its Cockfighting Mini-Game

scalman

games should be as they want to be and not made because someone wants them that way...good old days without net just paper journals. back then devs just made what they felt

Last edited:

GymWolf

The italian word for fart is peto.

coincidence-i-think-not-i-think-not.gif

lukilladog

Do you feel the same way when slaughtering hundreds of people in Call of Duty, Battlefield, etc?

That is not a good analogy, gun violence in videogames is "fine" as long as the context of the game itself justifies it. There is no such thing on animal cruelty for the sake of entertainment.

Star-Lord

That is not a good analogy, gun violence in videogames is "fine" as long as the context of the game itself justifies it. There is no such thing on animal cruelty for the sake of entertainment.
Congratulations, you just shot your own argument down in flames. Context, you say, it all comes down to context. The island of Yara may be fictional, but it is heavily based on, and influenced by, the island of Cuba. Cockfighting has been, and still is, a popular sport in that part of the world. If guns and violence are okay when used in the right context in Call of Duty, then cockfighting is okay when used in the right context - like trying to emulate the real-life aesthetics of a country - in Far Cry 6. I win, you lose. Good day to you, sir, and goodnight.

200.gif

Last edited:

lukilladog

Congratulations, you just shot your own argument down in flames. Context, you say, it all comes down to context. The island of Yara may be fictional, but it is heavily based on, and influenced by, the island of Cuba. Cockfighting has been, and still is, a popular sport in that part of the world. If guns and violence are okay when used in the right context in Call of Duty, then cockfighting is okay when used in the right context - like trying to emulate the real-life aesthetics of a country - in Far Cry 6. I win, you lose. Good day to you, sir, and goodnight.

200.gif

That´s just dumb, it´s like saying that the violence in the game Hatred is justified because it takes part in a school.

Ps.- I mean, we don´t get to rape women in war games right?, it is historically accurate, but cannot be justified.

Last edited:
Top Bottom