• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PETA Wants Far Cry 6 to Remove Its Cockfighting Mini-Game

TransTrender

Gold Member
replace it with dolphin hunting japan style
SPS1mIa.jpg

Gold Member
I just don't get the thinking that shooting people in the face is fine, but having two cocks fighting is such a big issue. Its a game...not real 🤷‍♂️

I never played a FC game and thought, "hmmm, I want to visit an island, start shooting shit up & skinning animals to make a backpack". Pretty sure it isn't going to make we want to start cockfighting either.

Also, a side activity so completely ignorable if you really don't want to do it. Outrage for the sake of outrage imo.

ANIMAL1975

Far Cry 6 allows players to participate in a cockfighting mini-game, in which they not only collect roosters but directly control them in a Mortal Kombat style fighting game complete with a character select screen, special moves, and multiple rounds. Reactions to mode have been mixed, with some players having fun with its simplicity while others find it to be rather tone-deaf in today’s animal rights-centric climate. On October 7th, the Senior Manager of PETA’s Latino branch, Alicia Aguayo, released a statement calling on Ubisoft to remove cockfighting from the game.

“Turning a horrific blood sport like cockfighting into a Mortal Kombat–style video game match is a far cry from real innovation, as today’s society is strongly opposed to forcing animals to fight to the death. Roosters used in cockfights are fitted with sharp spurs that tear through flesh and bone, causing agonizing and fatal injuries. PETA Latino urges Ubisoft to replace this reprehensible minigame with one that doesn’t glorify cruelty.”

Interestingly, cockfighting is still considered legal in Cuba, which Far Cry 6’s Yara is inspired by, and is quite popular in the country. The cockfighting depicted in Far Cry 6 is certainly violent, and the roosters lose feathers as the fights go on, although there is no blood shown, nor do any die in the process. The gaming community seems split on the appropriateness of the inclusion of cockfighting. Some find it harmless as no real animals are being injured, while others are concerned over the implications of featuring animal cruelty in such a nonchalant manner in-game.

suck my cock PETA

for a sec though why peta wants to remove a cock... well i read wrong xD

Fuck off, bunch of cocks

PETA can eat a nice, fat, extra greasy cock, pun intended 👌.

>reading COCKFIGHT in title
>being disappointed because it's about roosters

When i red in the other thread something about reee already going crazy with the cockfighing mini game _ my poor English qualifications did the rest...

Last edited:

plushyp

I just don't get the thinking that shooting people in the face is fine, but having two cocks fighting is such a big issue. Its a game...not real 🤷‍♂️

I never played a FC game and thought, "hmmm, I want to visit an island, start shooting shit up & skinning animals to make a backpack". Pretty sure it isn't going to make we want to start cockfighting either.

Also, a side activity so completely ignorable if you really don't want to do it. Outrage for the sake of outrage imo.
This is what I don't understand as well. In games, everyone is fine with men getting killed or brutalized in the worst possible ways which is okay because it's just pixels. But as soon as anyone other than men enter the equation, it's called all the buzzwords and has articles written about how it is harmful to (enter anyone other than men here).

cormack12

Gold Member
I would bet real money that the crossover of people playing far cry who also go cock fighting in their leisure time is pretty high......./s

There is also the longer term ethical question of whether blood sports moving into the digital arena is actually better for the affected animals and regulated gambling.

Star-Lord

This is what I don't understand as well. In games, everyone is fine with men getting killed or brutalized in the worst possible ways which is okay because it's just pixels. But as soon as anyone other than men enter the equation, it's called all the buzzwords and has articles written about how it is harmful to (enter anyone other than men here).
But it’s okay because Pokémon and Digimon aren’t real, but the digitally-constructed chickens controlled by AI are. Won’t someone please think of the pixels!?

Mr Reasonable

Completely Unreasonable
In games, everyone is fine with men getting killed or brutalized in the worst possible ways which is okay because it's just pixels. But as soon as anyone other than men enter the equation, it's called all the buzzwords and has articles written about how it is harmful to (enter anyone other than men here).
🙄

Edit: are you laughing because your post was a joke and I didn't realise?

Last edited:

LostDonkey

I would bet real money that the crossover of people playing far cry who also go cock fighting in their leisure time is pretty high......./s

There is also the longer term ethical question of whether blood sports moving into the digital arena is actually better for the affected animals and regulated gambling.
ROBOT COCK WARS

Deerock71

Yes, because this will surely lead to cockfighting irl. Now which PETA spokesgirl is naked so I can run my line past her?

Precisely its such a weird disconnect from reality. Let me play a game where I can butcher, torture, and kill tons of human beings with little consequence and have fun....but if a pixelated animal comes across the screen, all of a sudden its too much and it represents the REAL world and animals are sacred .

People seem to be posting about this but haven't seen the minigame itself, so here you go.

Its essentially Tekkan light with chickens.

What ? All that because of this ? There is almost no blood... It's super fine and looks a fun minigame! Its basically a realistic Pokken lol

Ps: Better than SFV!

Last edited:
Kill people in the most brutal way: perfectly accepted.

Chicken fight: what are you doing?
What people are forgetting,humans are the most powerful and always killing capturing everything they want.And humans can talk do something.Animals can’t speak they are dependent how humans treat them.Almost no wals left no tigers and endless other animals because humans, slaughter everything what’s gets them a few pennys,or just for fun.or destroy their living environment which Leads also to death.In a world where still dog fights,Cock fights and others disgusting things happen,Peta is probably trying to not get people to desensitized to such things.Or try to rise awareness.I know it’s a video game but maybe that’s what their are trying.

Saber

Gold Member
Pokemon and Digimon are not real. Cockfighting is real.

Dude, those chickens are not real. Their fight is not real. If you think this game is real and those chickens are real, then you got a real serious problem. Learn to distinguish game from reality.

Last edited:

Gold Member
What people are forgetting,humans are the most powerful and always killing capturing everything they want.And humans can talk do something.Animals can’t speak they are dependent how humans treat them.Almost no wals left no tigers and endless other animals because humans, slaughter everything what’s gets them a few pennys,or just for fun.or destroy their living environment which Leads also to death.In a world where still dog fights,Cock fights and others disgusting things happen,Peta is probably trying to not get people to desensitized to such things.Or try to rise awareness.I know it’s a video game but maybe that’s what their are trying.
Sorry, but no. It’s a game. Are you desensitised to killing humans because you played COD? No (I hope) so why would animals be any different?

RoadHazard

Gold Member
There are few things I hate more than animal cruelty, but I also believe there's a difference between real life and fiction. I don't like people getting murdered in real life either, but I do it in games all the time.

Kokoloko85

Lets remove violence from all media because its bad……

People need to realise games, movies, fiction books, comics are not real and things like this add to the setting of the world/story

Northeastmonk

Gold Member
A thought comes to my mind when I look at this. They didn’t have dog fighting in this, but that’s what it reminds me of. Dog fighting is illegal and people “get” why that’s wrong. Cock fighting is basically the same thing with a different animal. Those birds break their beaks, cause puncture wounds in their opponent’s brains, etc etc. I think it was a stupid choice on Ubisoft’s part.

I don’t get why it’s needed. It didn’t add anything of value to the game. I enjoy violent games, but I don’t sit there playing hunting games.

Last edited:

Mr Moose

I want PETA to stop murdering animals, but they don't listen.
I know most of you probably dont really care about it but I actually thought it shouldn't have existed in the first place the moment i saw it. I know we kill animals in games and whatnot but cockfighting is a very real and disgusting thing. I already know the responses I'm going to get but the way people dismiss it bothers me. I'll admit I'm biased I grew up around my grandfather and the hundreds of birds he took care of in several aviaries. I live in AZ like literally the next street over from me lives hundreds of chickens and roosters and everyone drives carefully around them and let's them exist peacefully. It's a beautiful thing lol
It's disgusting, the same with bull fighting (I want the bulls to win), but this is just a video game.
I'm okay with this, glorifying animal cruelty in any form of medium is disgusting.
*Looks at name*

Northeastmonk

Gold Member
Most people view chickens as food. Who gives a fuck how your food is killed before it's tossed into the fryer?

People will more than likely not agree with what I say. Do we kick a cow at a barn? Do you shove a knife in its side before they get hauled off to the slaughter house? It’s a cruel industry. It’s also one that gets a lot of heated arguments. I’m vegan and that’s a personal choice of mine. I chose not to eat meat for health reasons and I also believe the meat and especially the dairy industry are cruel.
Ubisoft puts all kind of shit in their games. Assassin's Creed 4 had whaling.

It's just games, no one playing them is gonna go hurt real animals for fun.
I don’t mind excessive violence. I’ve played my fare share of Postal and Manhunt games. I’ve played torture sequences. I just don’t find it adding value to this game. If I said something like “maybe that’s a cultural thing” and that’s why. Would that cause on outcry because Cuban people would assume I thought cockfighting was an every day thing? I understand games like Tokyo Jungle because the animals are surviving. In this case its putting two animals in an arena and they’re being forced to fight it out. I wouldn’t play a dog fighting game. That just rubs me the wrong way. What Ubisoft did was a joke. After the person says “oh that poor animal”, they go and give the animal fighting moves and a health bar. It may not display the actual cruelty that exists in the real world, but I don’t have to pay them for this game either.

ManaByte

Gold Member
Whoops, I realise what's happening now.
People will more than likely not agree with what I say. Do we kick a cow at a barn? Do you shove a knife in its side before they get hauled off to the slaughter house? It’s a cruel industry. It’s also one that gets a lot of heated arguments. I’m vegan and that’s a personal choice of mine. I chose not to eat meat for health reasons and I also believe the meat and especially the dairy industry are cruel.
358317592_868aa124e5_c.jpg

I know most of you probably dont really care about it but I actually thought it shouldn't have existed in the first place the moment i saw it. I know we kill animals in games and whatnot but cockfighting is a very real and disgusting thing. I already know the responses I'm going to get but the way people dismiss it bothers me. I'll admit I'm biased I grew up around my grandfather and the hundreds of birds he took care of in several aviaries. I live in AZ like literally the next street over from me lives hundreds of chickens and roosters and everyone drives carefully around them and let's them exist peacefully. It's a beautiful thing lol

I don't condone or like cockfighting. However, as long as it's culturally normal with in the setting, it is what it is. I don't like killings, but if I'm playing a game with guns in war...

MiguelItUp

Real cockfighting? Messed up. Just like dogfighting, etc. Cockfighting in video games, movies, or TV? Who cares! It ain't real!

MagiusNecros

Gilgamesh Fan Annoyance
Serious talk. If PETA is all about fighting against animal cruelty then why don't they have shelters or avenues to rescue such animals and give them homes or donate/assist with the preservation of endangered species instead going after stuff in video games. Wanting to remove something from a video game does nothing to help animals in the real world.

And honestly the chickens fighting each other like in a fighting game looks like a lot of fun.

ManaByte

Gold Member
Serious talk. If PETA is all about fighting against animal cruelty then why don't they have shelters or avenues to rescue such animals and give them homes or donate/assist with the preservation of endangered species instead going after stuff in video games. Wanting to remove something from a video game does nothing to help animals in the real world.

And honestly the chickens fighting each other like in a fighting game looks like a lot of fun.

You should Google how many puppies PETA kills every year. They're hypocrite attention whores.

Top Bottom