• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Peter Molyneux's NFT game Legacy has already sold $50m of "land"

Skifi28

How is this worse than buying DLC that has zero potential value return?
With NFT's you can irrefutably own unique items and locations in games.
Scarcity creates value even if it is artificial, it's the business model of basically all collectibles and genuine limited editions. If the game is successful these guys could see massive returns.
Poor analogy. Buying DLC provides fun in return, now. What does buying a plot of land for a game that doesn't exist provide? What happens with my purchase after the game closes its doors 2 years later or it never comes out? It's an investment into thin air.

SSfox

Gonna have to put this thread in blacklist, "nft" + "peter molineux" that's way too many ugliness in one title.

zombrex

Poor analogy. Buying DLC provides fun in return, now. What does buying a plot of land for a game that doesn't exist provide? What happens with my purchase after the game closes its doors 2 years later or it never comes out? It's an investment into thin air.
That is exactly the same as buying for DLC for games that shut down.
I do agree about buying for games that are not out, that is questionable.

IntentionalPun

Ask me about my wife's perfect butthole
Good gawd.. could you be any dumber than to spend that much on an NFT that depends on PETER FUCKING MOLYNEUX to finish a game on time?

It's all worth it to laugh at this nugget I found trying to find RPS's source for that number:

Especially in America, “company town” has a pretty negative connotation. It’s seen as being synonymous with companies controlling the lives of their workers and making it hard for them to leave. Is that intentional?

Well, I’m not saying that my monthly trips to Redmond up at [former employer] Microsoft were any inspiration. You’re never quite sure where inspiration comes from, but it certainly felt a little bit like that. You know, everyone, you went to the gym and everyone in the gym, you know, worked for Microsoft. And you know, I’m English, so going into the changing room and then being naked in front of any human being is just a deep, terrifying thing. And that was even more terrifying when you realize there’s [former Microsoft CEO] Steve Ballmer over in the corner and there’s someone else over there and you know, you realize that, “Oh my god, I’m part of this family.”

ROFL

The above quote explains why Ballmer always got so sweaty when he was thinking about developers lol

Last edited:
Top Bottom