• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PGA Tour 2K23 | Official Announce Trailer (Featuring The Miz & Shooter McGavin)

Bullet Club

YOUR tee time is set! 🏌️

PGA TOUR® 2K23, the forthcoming entry in the golf simulation video game franchise from HB Studios is scheduled for worldwide release on Friday, October 14, 2022. Featuring PGA TOUR icon and all-time sports great Tiger Woods as the cover athlete, PGA TOUR 2K23 celebrates Tiger’s legacy by introducing him as both a playable in-game pro and an Executive Director advising the game development team. Hit the fairway on October 14th, 2022

NickFire

The last release was a decent game of golf with boring presentation IMO. Then they skipped last year instead of rushing to get a next gen version out. The last one and willingness to give this one two years of dev time gives me a lot of hope for this one. Tiger being the theme is icing on top.

Shooter mcgavin ? im sold

giphy.gif

Great trailer though.

Last edited:

Stuart360

Very smart of them to get Tiger back. EA fucked up big time by taking the sjw route and dropping him, now their PGA games dont exist anymore.

i expect this to be pretty big now because of Tiger. I cant wait too, i have over 180 hours in the last game and still play it a couple of times a week, it was an awesome golf game.

AJUMP23

Gold Member
Will Maryse be in with Miz?
She will be, but pregnant.

I would like to try a demo before I determine if I would want to play this game.

Is there a course list yet. I would like to play Augusta national and St. Andrews and Pebble.

Last edited:

CamHostage

Very smart of them to get Tiger back. EA fucked up big time by taking the sjw route and dropping him, now their PGA games dont exist anymore.

SJW?

For one thing, he got caught pants-down with the nanny, hookers, and Denny's waitresses. EA runs a family sports franchise; do you know a lot of corporate sponsorships that keep going strong after that kind of scandal-sheet exposure?

But second, EA's PGA games do exist. Unless there's some kind of catastrophe (they already pushed it back a couple of times), EA is putting one out next year.

https://www.ea.com/games/ea-sports-pga-tour

Last edited:

Stuart360

SJW?

For one thing, he got caught pants-down with the nanny, hookers, and Denny's waitresses. EA runs a family sports franchise; do you know a lot of corporate sponsorships that keep going strong after that kind of scandal-sheet exposure?

But second, EA's PGA games do exist. Unless there's some kind of catastrophe (they already pushed it back a couple of times), EA is putting one out next year.

https://www.ea.com/games/ea-sports-pga-tour
They made one PGA game after dropping Tiger, and it flopped hard. As oppose to us getting a Tiger Woods game every year and sold well.

Last edited:

Catphish

They made one PGA game after dropping Tiger, and it flopped hard. As oppose to us getting a Tiger Woods game every year and sold well.
It flopped hard because they changed everything about the game. If the Rory McIlroy game was anything like the last TW, it would have done fine. But it wasn't, at all.

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

We played a couple hours of PGA Tour 2K23, the latest in 2K's rapidly evolving golf sim series. We tried out Top Golf, creating a MyPlayer, and played a round of 18 to see how both the three-click and Swing Stick shot mechanics felt. Written by Ryan McCaffrey.

Last edited:

lefty1117

Gold Member
2k21 was an ok first attempt, kinda boring but you could see what they were building towards. They have to amp up the presentation and the My Career mode. Give us more of the journey like they do in NBA 2k series. Getting Tiger to headline it is certainly going to help attract buyers

CamHostage

Shooter mcgavin ? im sold

giphy.gif

Great trailer though.

Man, that'd be pretty awesome, if they actually got like Happy Gilmore and Caddy Shack characters in the game. Maybe not going so far as a "Fight Bob Barker" mode, but hey, no other game would have such a matchup...

Last edited:

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

PGA Tour 2K23 reviewed on PlayStation 4 by Matt Paprocki. Also available on PlayStation 4, Xbox, and PC.

Even after a year off, PGA Tour 2K23 returns offering minimal progress from its preceding, prior-generation edition. A new three-click swing is an unforgiving mess, it’s somehow worse at emulating the look and feel of televised golf, and the few spurts of personality that’ve been layered on can’t counter developer HB Studios’ penchant for preserving pro golf’s elitism above all, or the apparent terror of breaking from that form. At least PGA Tour 2K23 can define itself through the properly challenging golf sim at its heart and the barebones career mode that stands all but alone in its menus.

Last edited:
Top Bottom