• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pharaoh: A New Era - Official Announcement Trailer (Pharaoh/Cleopatra remaster)

Kadve

Gold Member

ss_b65e9725c1cb316e06bd145266605099fe769893.1920x1080.jpg

Last edited:

Kadve

Gold Member
Wonder how it will stack up against it's unofficial sequel: Children of The Nile.

Last edited:

Chupanibre

I can't even count the number of hours I spent playing Caesar, Pharoah and Zeus. Probably in the thousands.

I'm grabbing this day one.

Reactions: Fuz

Codswallop_

Neophyte
This is great, loved this and the Caeser series back in the day. Recently been getting back into this era of gaming, with Heroes 3, Rise of Nations, Age of Empires 1/2, Age of Mythology. It all still stands up.

Last edited:

Tschumi

I adore these games, in my mind though Emperor is the best, followed by the classic Caesar 3.. still, any Impressions city builder is a win for me <3

Wow there are people actually working on games like these these days? Pleasant surprise this one.
My plan was actually to make a game like a spiritual remake of this very game. Partly because of that reason, you dont see them anymore. After seeing this, i def think i'm going to go for it but with a more modern feel to it (modern as in modern gameplay ect, not necessarily the style).

Kadve

Gold Member
Just tried it out and honestly. I don't like it.

They completely changed the interface for seemingly no reason and for the worse in my mind. And the "Cellshaded" graphics just looks cheap. like if it was a generic mobile game (reminds me of settlers when i think about it).

44Jbvwr.png

BE8HgP8_-BYnafwH5TuDxdT2YEZSILnzVtiSwHruxnM.png

Last edited:

Westcliff

Neo Member

They completely changed to interface for seemingly no reason. And the "Cellshaded" graphics just looks cheap. like if it was a generic mobile game.

Yes, i have the same impression sadly...

amigastar

They completely changed to interface for seemingly no reason. And the "Cellshaded" graphics just looks cheap. like if it was a generic mobile game.

7YxOp9H.png

BE8HgP8_-BYnafwH5TuDxdT2YEZSILnzVtiSwHruxnM.png
Really? I think i'm gonna just install my copy of the original on Steam. Atmosphere wise Pharaoh still holds up today.

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

Take a deep dive into what makes Pharaoh: A New Era gameplay so unique and beautiful.

Set in Egypt, Pharaoh is an unique city builder with many unique features and mechanics that make it one of the most beloved games of the genre. Its 53 missions will give you a unique opportunity to relive historical moments of the Egyptian empire, each one bringing new challenges and making you not just build cities, but solve puzzles too.

Pharaoh: A New Era will be released on Feb. 15 on PC.

TintoConCasera

I bought a sex doll, but I keep it inflated 100% of the time and use it like a regular wife
From nice, timeless pixel art to soulless flash game "HD" graphics. Nice work. 🤡

Kadve

Gold Member
Any words about QOL improvements? Can you use land trade in larger cities and do the bazzar traders actually get new stock reliably now?

Last edited:

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

Full remake of genre-defining classic city builder Pharaoh: A New Era is now available on PC and begins its rule with a 15% launch discount lasting until February 28th.

In this new trailer, see how Pharaoh: A New Era’s gorgeous visuals bring four millennia of Egyptian history to life across more than 50 rewarding missions in the new video.

Can anyone please post impressions? I'd love to play meself but I'm on work trip until the end of March and would love to know how this Remake turned out. The original is on my favourite games ever.

I was planning on purchasing a boxed copy of this game many years ago due to the beautiful artwork. I will be wishlisting this and picking it up at a later date as I love the Ancient Egypt setting and the different missions you're able to embark upon.

Pharaoh_600x.jpg

Top Bottom