• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Phil Spencer acknowledges ‘it’s been too long’ since Xbox’s last big first-party game

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?

Gambit2483

I wish Microsoft seemed actually interested in solving the problem, but they have so much money they can just keep buying their way out of any bad effects of what is basically mismanagement. That's what makes me sad.
If it wasn't for their seemingly infinite war chest, I honestly believe they would have went the way of SEGA long ago...or at the very least, be on the path.

How can I be extremely clear?.....

Phil Spencer acknowledges ‘it’s been too long’ since Xbox’s last big first-party game​

vHotpu4.jpg

ziFaFCN.jpg

And let's not forget about Halo shitshow since 343i.

My point:

MS has not the best track record delivering High Quality AAA/New Ips for a long time now.

MS has earn a bad reputation slow and steady. It could be funny if it wasn't so baffling.

Fable and Project Dark are the two games that are suppose to be next in line to lunch. And also, be the games that that MS has been lacking, or has been unable to produce.
Why are we looking at X1 releases and not more recent releases like Psychonauts 2, MS Flight Simulator, Forza Horizon 5, Gears Tactics, and Grounded? Based on your post you appear to believe ReCore and Crackdown 3 were the last games MS released. Also Quantum Break, Crackdown 3, and ReCore weren't even developed internally at MS.

I wish MS would get new first party games out faster but there is no need to create some sort of narrative that isn't true. Fundamentally if you aren't a fan of the Xbox brand the easy thing to do is ignore them and focus on the platform you prefer. MS will either figure it out or they won't. 2023 is right around the corner shouldn't be too hard wait to see if their planed releases come out at that time. Of course this assumes the people concerned are actually interested in the brand of course.

Kataploom

Gold Member
Not that they're in any hurry anyway, Game Pass has been carrying them, people care about having what to play every now and then than playing biggest blockbuster each season... Nintendo understands this too somehow

Why are we looking at X1 releases and not more recent releases like Psychonauts 2, MS Flight Simulator, Forza Horizon 5, Gears Tactics, and Grounded? Based on your post you appear to believe ReCore and Crackdown 3 were the last games MS released. Also Quantum Break, Crackdown 3, and ReCore weren't even developed internally at MS.

I wish MS would get new first party games out faster but there is no need to create some sort of narrative that isn't true. Fundamentally if you aren't a fan of the Xbox brand the easy thing to do is ignore them and focus on the platform you prefer. MS will either figure it out or they won't. 2023 is right around the corner shouldn't be too hard wait to see if their planed releases come out at that time. Of course this assumes the people concerned are actually interested in the brand of course.

Pyschonauts 2 was in development LONG before they were purchased by MS. Calling it an exclusive is idiotic, especially considering it was released on other platforms as well.

MS FLight Sim is a very niche title in a sea of niche titles.

FOrza Horizon 5, Gears Tactics, Grounded - these you have a great point on - but FH5 was a glorified expansion, Gears Tactics while easily being the best SP game they released in a LONG while, released two years ago, and Grounded, while fun, I would hardly call a AAA first party title. It was a budget release from Obsidian while they work on their next big titles.

But please, keep showing your warrior behind. It never gets old seeing you bend over backwards to dismiss/defend anything related to a company that doesn’t even recognize your existence.

Dj Khaled GIF by Music Choice

how much "wait till 20XX" sympathy are we gonna give uncle Phil, everyone has been saying this for like 10 years now.

The problem with ignoring the Xbox brand's inconsistency in strategy and exclusive content (as Phil himself has said) is this same rhetoric bleeds into the industry as a whole for other brands to do the same things. If Xbox fans aren't going to uphold some standard, who will?

Last edited:

diffusionx

Gold Member
Look at what a pile of shit Halo Infinite was. That showed me everything I need to know about MS and their ability to ship a top-tier AAA game at this point. They can’t do it. It’s not just Halo though. They can’t manage these studios. Look at how they tried to build a new studio to make a new Perfect Dark and ended up having to outsource the game to Now-Embracer. It’s just bad. It is so bad in fact that I doubt MS will be able to take over Activision-Blizzard and keep the COD thing going for a long time. The level at which COD operates and MS is operating at are just totally different.

Top Bottom