• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Phil Spencer Confirms That The Elder Scrolls 6 Won't Release Until after Fable

First off we have no date or even footage of Fable, I mean you have to think it's not coming before 2023. So Elderscrolls has to be 2024/25 at the earliest. Then again Starfield is coming and has the potential to be just as popular.

Fredrik

I’m going to guess that it’ll be a late generation release. The core of the maryland team will work on Starfield until late next year, then they’ll move to The Elder Scrolls and work on that for minimum 2 years, max 4 years. So a 2024-2026 release? I’m guessing it’ll be 2025.

yurinka

If TES6 is still in preproduction, it's going to be quite big let's say being optimistic production starts in early 2022 and they have around 4+ years of development/production, it would release around holidays 2025 or later.

It would be strange if Fable didn't come out before Elder Scrolls 6 since Fable is in development from 2017-2018 and Elder Scrolls 6 is still in pre-production.
I think that in top of that it's very likely that Elder Scrolls 6 will be bigger and more complex than Fable.

Last edited:

martino

200w.gif

Heisenberg007

Gold Journalism
surprised pikachu face.jpg

Seriously, was this confirmation even needed? Bethesda will start working on TES 6 after Starfield releases -- which itself may slip into 2023, as per Jason Schrier.

I'm not expecting TES 6 before 2026, at the very least. But I don't mind it as long as they take their time to make a good, polished game.

Godot25

Banned
If TES6 is still in preproduction, it's going to be quite big let's say being optimistic production starts in early 2022 and they have around 4+ years of development/production, it would release around holidays 2025 or later.

I think that in top of that it's very likely that Elder Scrolls 6 will be bigger and more complex than Fable.
Even if that was the case (which I'm not sure it will be) the primary reason why Fable will come sooner then TESVI is fact that it is far along with development, not because TES VI will be more complex.

Thing is...big advantage for TES VI is that many tools are already developed thanks to Starfield (they will share same engine). In case of Fable, PG has to develop all tools because game is made in ForzaTech, which is engine made for racing games. But still. Fable is in development from 2018. Production on TES VI will start next year.

yurinka

Production on TES VI will start next year.
We assume it will start next year because they have been on preproduction for a while, because they are working on stuff for Starfield that is supposed to be released next year and so on. But it may even be 2023. Then add maybe 3-5+ years of development. I think that being optimistic, we should expect it to be released holidays 2025 or later. It wouldn't surprise me to see it released in 2027.

Last edited:

Godot25

Banned
We assume it will start next year because they have been on preproduction for a while, because they are working on stuff for Starfield that is supposed to be released next year and so on. But it may even be 2023. Then add maybe 3-5+ years of development. I think that being optimistic, we should expect it to be released holidays 2025 or later. It wouldn't surprise me to see it released in 2027.
If your game is nearing completition in terms of content you can move your staff to the next project since last few months should be about QA. So, if Starfield will be out next year i fully expect start of TES production in 2022

jaysius

Banned
“Game with no release date will launch after other game with no release date”

This is cutting edge journalism! Really they even cut the parts where there are facts that can be proven, I bet their weather report is “bright in the morning with darkness in the evening for the next 12 months”.

TheGrat1

But...why? Why artificially position this game (which, by all accounts, should have been in pre-production first) behind another, completely unrelated game? Is it just that Fable is going to release first based on their ORGANIC (great word) development progress regardless or is there more to it? I certainly hope it is the former.

KungFucius

King Snowflake
Probably just to fill out their show in 2018.

I wish they had gone the Fallout 4 route and announced ES6 when it was six months or so from release.
The problem is that it has been so long since Skyrim. They needed to acknowledge that they are working on it but that it is very far off. At this rate it may very well launch 15 years after Skyrim. That really seems like they are leaving a shit ton of money on the table.

Bernkastel

Ask me about my fanboy energy!
No hiring for Fable just started summer of last year when they showed their cgi trailer...
The studio was opened in 2017.
We already had so many threads on Playground Games hirings.
The last thread was updated on new Playground hires until late 2020.

Topher

Gold Member
This seems like a lot of people that arent xbox fans freaking out over trivial sentence on something already obvious.

"This seems like a lot of people that arent <insert platform name here> fans freaking out over trivial sentence on something already obvious."

That could be a template.

fight club work GIF

Shubh_C63

But...why? Why artificially position this game (which, by all accounts, should have been in pre-production first) behind another, completely unrelated game? Is it just that Fable is going to release first based on their ORGANIC (great word) development progress regardless or is there more to it? I certainly hope it is the former.
I think it was both artificial and organic, by chance.
Fable production started before Bethesda deal would had finalized iirc. Bethesda needs extra extra time to make their pos engine better with MS money. And artificial because it makes sense to drop the sureshot megaton rpg later on compared to Fable rpg. Amazon New world is already gaining traction.

iHaunter

Starfield - 2022
Fable - 2023
TES -2024

Already if you are an RPG nut the next few holiday seasons are already sorted for you.
Very unlikely.

Didn't they say TES is still in design stage? Most likely has had very little work done on it. TES most likely 2027-2028. Fable also has had no work done on it, as they've said. Probably 2026.

Thabass

The big news in this is that the next Fable is coming before it and is more interesting than Elders Scrolls to me.

Top Bottom