• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Phil Spencer Has Spent Nearly 200 Hours Playing Vampire Survivors in just two weeks.

pasterpl

touch controls work brilliant with this game. Just tested on my iPad. And launching it when you are using bing is very convenient. Just tap on play and you are directly in the game. No noticeable lag on my wifi6 home network. So I can see someone easily clocking lots of hours across multiple devices (phone, tablet, pc, xbox)

R0cRGSq.png

Last edited:
But, like most things Phil Spencer related on gaf, it's a lose-lose for him. If he talks business, it's "Well, yeah...typical suit." If he talks what's-best-for-gamers, it's "PR talk. Don't trust him", if he spends all his free time playing games it's "No wonder Xbox is so much trash... This guy plays more games than makes them." Good ol' Uncle Phil, the Loser 🙄

WelcomeToNeogaf.gif

That's how it is. Just ignore/block some users here.

Zathalus

He almost certainly has a Xbox in his office, so playing it every now and then while just leaving it paused when busy with something else makes sense.

I really doubt this is accurate information. There is no way a CEO has that much free time to sit around playing a single videogame.
Common misconception is that the CEO works much harder than the boots on the ground. At that level you basically set your own day. Outside of Sataya I’m sure people make their schedule around Phil.

Also this is a genuine goty contender. One of the best games I ever played.

Last edited:

Soodanim

Gold Member
I bought this about a month ago, and I'm 50 hours of playtime I've unlocked everything. Unless he's trying to finish every stage with every character, I don't know how you could put that much time into it.

Really good fun, though

Roberts

I finished the game 6 days ago and I checked the stats of who is playing it and I think he did around 50 hours at the time. So, looks like a glitch.

Anyway, if not for Grounded, this would have been my GOTY. Pure drug.

Last edited:

Toots

Gold Member
Its on pause in-game, tons of people are like that, never turning off their game.

Come the hell on guys, if you think hes playing 14 hours a day you must be on acid or something.
of course he's not playing 14h a day.
He does xbox stuff on mondays and tuesdays and then he plays 20h a day for the rest of the week

It's probably not even him playing but someone else playing on his account. Just cause these guys have accounts, it doesn't mean it's actually them using it.

Last edited:

TLZ

Banned
Theres no way 100 hours a week must be left on idle or testing purposes. Not even a teenager with nothing to do will play that much.
Wellllll.... I was told that some high up MS execs pay people to play and boost their gamerscore.

ungalo

Probably people playing on his account.

I have like 15 hours on Vampire Survivors et more achievements so that's weird.

Mephisto40

I would not be surprised at all if somebody at Microsoft is paid to play games on that profile just to make it look like Phil actually plays video games in his spare time

Dick Jones

Gold Member
I would not be surprised at all if somebody at Microsoft is paid to play games on that profile just to make it look like Phil actually plays video games in his spare time
Hopefully Aaron to give him something to do so he doesn't embarrass the company again.

Black_Stride

do not tempt fate do not contrain Wonder Woman's thighs do not do not
Nobody is saying he can't play games.

What people are questioning is a CEO pumping 14 hours a day on average into a single game.
You are saying that as if that game isnt Vampire Survivors.
If hes only doing 14 hours a day when he has a Series X in his office then he is a much stronger man than most.

If im a CEO and have a Series X in my office, Vampire Survivors is constantly on, i dont even bother sending it to Quick Resume Queue.
Its just active.
As soon as whatever meeting is done im back on.
Next meeting.
Back on.
Documents.
Back on.
LunchBreak? - back on.
Conference Room.
Back on.
Go home.
Back on.
Talk to the wife.
Back on.
Business trip?
Xcloud.
Back on.

Emedan

I thought the problem was that industry leaders didn't understand games, a good thing about Phil is that he actually enjoy playing games. Now these numbers can hardly be active playing I'm sure, unless he got some holiday or the like. He plays more than I do.

Three

Phil isn't a robot.
He can play games as well.
14hrs a day? I doubt it. This is more likely to actually be a bot.
if he got 8 hours of sleep he only spent 2 hours of the day doing anything else like say having something to eat. He has a job too. There is no way that stat is real.
I bought this about a month ago, and I'm 50 hours of playtime I've unlocked everything. Unless he's trying to finish every stage with every character, I don't know how you could put that much time into it.
He is just trying to PR the shit out of the game so that others are curious. I bet he has a bunch of followers too.

Last edited:

64bitmodels

Reverse groomer.
this is such a fucking stupid thread
That being said, nice to know phil has good taste.... now work on your damn studios already!!!! vamp survivors can wait

Jigsaah

Gold Member

People have been wondering what's going on with studio mismanagement, 343i etc, and who's looking after Matt Booty, making sure things are running smooth, game delays and such.

But it all makes sense now, Phil has been spending on average near 100 hours a week for two weeks playing Indie game Vampire Survivor. how many other games before did he play instead of using those hours to make sure gamers received on-time hit titles.

To be fair though, I don't play Indie games but maybe it's a decent game. But when you're a boss of a game company, where you get to have hands on with games anyway, and you are the "Microsoft gaming CEO" with a family as well, it makes me wonder how he finds 200 hours in 2 weeks to play the game. Probably still playing it as we speak,

Hopefully it doesn't cause further delays for Redfall and Starfield. He may be addicted and might need an intervention.

However, this does confirm he is a gamer. Not a AAA gamer but still an indie gamer at least.
Its a good fuckin game dude. Chill.

Jesus Christ has anybody heard of vacation? CEO's get them too ya know.

Last edited:

Clear

CliffyB's Cock Holster
Meanwhile, Jim Ryan has spent 200hrs in the last 2 weeks figuring out ways to undermine the ABK merger! (j/k)

No way he's playing 100hrs a week, I mean it's an addicting game but not that addicting LOL

He probably has it on idle to run the numbers... to keep up the perception of being a "real gamer" LOL jk jk Like someone said above, could be for testing purposes.

ToTTenTranz

Banned
Whomever wrote this article has no idea how normal human beings function in a society, let alone the CEO of Microsoft Gaming.

You don't just play 14.5 hours a day of one game for two weeks straight without major mental health issues and nothing else to do.

Whomever wrote this article has no idea how normal human beings function in a society, let alone the CEO of Microsoft Gaming.

You don't just play 14.5 hours a day of one game for two weeks straight without major mental health issues and nothing else to do.
He probably had it before it hit gamepass...pretty sure actually.

Top Bottom