• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Phil Spencer Has Spent Nearly 200 Hours Playing Vampire Survivors in just two weeks.

the_master

[/URL]

People have been wondering what's going on with studio mismanagement, 343i etc, and who's looking after Matt Booty, making sure things are running smooth, game delays and such.

But it all makes sense now, Phil has been spending on average near 100 hours a week for two weeks playing Indie game Vampire Survivor. how many other games before did he play instead of using those hours to make sure gamers received on-time hit titles.

To be fair though, I don't play Indie games but maybe it's a decent game. But when you're a boss of a game company, where you get to have hands on with games anyway, and you are the "Microsoft gaming CEO" with a family as well, it makes me wonder how he finds 200 hours in 2 weeks to play the game. Probably still playing it as we speak,

Hopefully it doesn't cause further delays for Redfall and Starfield. He may be addicted and might need an intervention.

However, this does confirm he is a gamer. Not a AAA gamer but still an indie gamer at least.
What a pile of bullshit

Knightime_X

14hrs a day? I doubt it. This is more likely to actually be a bot.
if he got 8 hours of sleep he only spent 2 hours of the day doing anything else like say having something to eat. He has a job too. There is no way that stat is real.

He is just trying to PR the shit out of the game so that others are curious. I bet he has a bunch of followers too.
More likely a shared account.
Multiple users playing the game on a single account.

Danknugz

do these people actually play their own accounts? i thought it was like twitter where they have hired people doing it for them to give the impression, same with major nelson.

Maybe I missed it, but on normal times does he play at all? and how many hours per week does he play? on vacation?

Can't he afford to go offline when he is not working? I'd go in a cabin or on some remote island if I was in his situation, I'm fairly sure he can afford it.

spons

Gold Member
He plays games all the time, there's plenty of screencaps on twitter of him being in an online game with randoms. He even responds to DMs on Xbox Live.
Although 200 hours in 2 weeks seems excessive.

Last edited:

Evil Calvin

Afraid of Boobs
Maybe he should work on actually releasing a 1st party AAA Xbox game. Two years in and I'm STILL waiting. (Unfinished Halo, Grounded and Flight Sim don't count!).

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
"cloud" sure jan
Talk about marketing.
Super Freak Flirting GIF by Rick James

diffusionx

Gold Member
Maybe he should work on actually releasing a 1st party AAA Xbox game. Two years in and I'm STILL waiting. (Unfinished Halo, Grounded and Flight Sim don't count!).
He doesn’t actually work on the games you know.

That said what is the big deal about this game? I was bored after about 30 minutes.

Ev1L AuRoN

I'd never had that much free time to play games, not even in high school. I doubt that this is accurate. I'm a nobody working on IT and I'm lucky if I get to play 14 hours a week, imagine playing it daily being a CEO of a major company.

Last edited:

mxbison

The CEO of a huge company isn't playing video games 14 hours a day.

And his kids probably aren't playing a pixel graphics indie either, they play Fortnite, Minecraft, or Roblox like all the other kids.

Don't believe every piece of PR bullshit...

Stuart360

The guy probably walked away from a computer running it and forgot about it. Holy fuck some of you guys are so desperate to dunk on Phil.
If it was anyone else other than phil, people on here would be using common sense and realizing its probably a shared account, or he left the game bloody runningas he had to leave town for a few days, etc.

Its Phil though so we need a 5 page thread discussing our 'concern' over this.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
If it was anyone else other than phil, people on here would be using common sense and realizing its probably a shared account, or he left the game bloody runningas he had to leave town for a few days, etc.

Most in here have said this. Nobody is concerned, just laughing that this form marketing is "genuine news."

Other execs don't pretend to be "real gamers"

Kiraly

Most in here have said this. Nobody is concerned, just laughing that this form marketing is "genuine news."
In what way is this marketing when it's just some random ass guy having to hit his weekly article quota on world renowned page 80.lv? That number of playtime is public any day of the year.

Nobody here has had a game sitting in the background that they kept going back to throughout the day? I had 168 hours a week in Fallout 4 when I was modding it because I just left my PC on with it running all the time, I was only actually touching the game 8 hours on and off throughout the day but it still counted the hours.

Top Bottom