• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Phil Spencer most anticipated game is God of War Ragnarök

SJRB

Gold Member
The 25,000 devs from the 79 studios Microsoft bought:

iu

DragonNCM

i don't see what's so special about those games. I mean God of War. people seem to be hyped for it but doesn't look interesting to me at all. hope he enjoys it when it comes out though :) and it's nice he is mentioning his competitors products. he seems like a cool dude.
GoW is not good...It is masterpiece, something MS cant make even with that trillions of $ they have.

Rivet

GoW is not good...It is masterpiece, something MS cant make even with that trillions of $ they have.

Yes. It got rated 98, it trounced RDR2 at the game of the year awards all over the world and it's top 3 in ratings on Steam so I don't think there's any doubt.

Akuji

what a stupid thing to do from a ceo
microsoft could actually get in trouble because hyping up competition is against the best interest of your shareholders.

luckily gaming side of microsoft isnt relevant for the whole company so nobody gives a fuck.

ANDS

King of Gaslighting
This is just corporate "We like competition" speak. This is no different than him displaying that SWITCH on his mantle during that one interview that people lost their minds over. Is he looking forward to checking out GOW, maybe (not sure when he would have the time to do so), but for sure this response is crafted so that he just doesn't list STARFIELD or REDFALL and instead seems like he's humble and recognizes the work of competitors.

"Game you want to play next" is not the same thing as "most anticipated game" lmao

Stop it.

64bitmodels

Reverse groomer.
Phil has no competitive bone in his body dude lacks any sort of killer mentality. I'm starting to hate this dude, yes he kind of turned xbox around but we still have no big games this year which is embarrassing. Imagine Jimbo saying this about an Xbox game? it would never happen!
... Cory Balrog literally said he wanted to play starfield and got an Xbox for Halo infinite... 🤦‍♂️

Nitty_Grimes

Made a crappy phPBB forum once ... once.
Wonder if Phil has paid $90 in advance to pre-order it for his PS5?

He's just trying to blag a free copy isn't he?

/s

lol Craig of War on suicide watch. He gave up his GAF account to war on Xbox's behalf and now the lead Xbox man is going to be playing the game Craig got himself banned for.

It was almost as if he made a perm bet instead of an avatar one. Very sad ending and I’ve never seen anyone go through a meltdown that bad before.

Phil's an actual gamer...so it doesn't shock me he wants to play ragnarok. Who with a ps5 isn't anticipating that game like crazy.
I'm not feeling the hype yet. The marketing has been very poor. Basically I haven't seen a single new thing grabbing me.

The last God of War was my GOTY. Just kind of waiting to see what the big hook is for this game. Looks very similar.

I'm not feeling the hype yet. The marketing has been very poor. Basically I haven't seen a single new thing grabbing me.

The last God of War was my GOTY. Just kind of waiting to see what the big hook is for this game. Looks very similar.

Well it’s a sequel and not a reboot. I’m guessing your waiting to see if it’s expanded over the original. A bigger and better type of deal.

EverydayBeast

thinks Halo Infinite is a new graphical benchmark
From a gamer standpoint every gamer wants to hold god of war ragnarok in high regard, the Norse worlds are different and new.

Lupin25

This is just corporate "We like competition" speak. This is no different than him displaying that SWITCH on his mantle during that one interview that people lost their minds over. Is he looking forward to checking out GOW, maybe (not sure when he would have the time to do so), but for sure this response is crafted so that he just doesn't list STARFIELD or REDFALL and instead seems like he's humble and recognizes the work of competitors.

Stop it.

I mean… Sure, but it’s sort of in bad taste.

Hyping up your competitors while knowing he’s had no first-party releases all year? With the state Halo Infinite has been in (a 10 year game) at times?

Have higher standards.

There is no competition this year and that’s exactly why I think he should refrain from this kind of stuff to avoid backlash. Xbox gamers (not the pitchfork yielders who love him unconditionally) don’t want to see that shit lol.

Last edited:
I mean… Sure, but it’s sort of in bad taste.

Hyping up your competitors while knowing he’s had no first-party releases all year? With the state Halo Infinite has been in (a 10 year game) at times?

Have higher standards.

There is no competition this year and that’s exactly why I think he should refrain from this kind of stuff to avoid backlash. Xbox gamers (not the pitchfork yielders who love him unconditionally) don’t want to see that shit lol.

I’m actually wondering if he was the one behind Starfields release date. Just seems weird there was such a big disconnect between Xbox marketing and Bethesda.

Top Bottom