• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Phil Spencer most anticipated game is God of War Ragnarök

You’re right, and his chunky pasta gut indicates he eats well too.

Let me rephrase: “Phil is a loser when it comes making the Xbox brand all that it could be; he’s also a loser at managing studios, but a winner when it comes to climbing the corporate ladder. Given the historical dysfunction in that area of MS, I do have to wonder if he’s faced off against any real internal competition.”

“Chunky pasta gut” ok that made me laugh 😂

I don’t think you would be as kind if you saw my body shape. Like a mutated arse walking on stilts.

RCU005

I'm not gonna lie i get positive vibes from this man. Maybe i'm wrong, though.
You are wrong, very wrong! There's something very off with him.

To me he is like those guys that act very cool but get upset easily behind the scenes, and stab you in the back with no remorse.

Also, a little bit of triggering: He is most anticipated game is God of War because Xbox has no games coming out this year! (just kidding)

DaGwaphics

Are any fan warriors upset he said Robotron is his favouite game? C'mon, lets see those meltdowns.

Let It Go Reaction GIF

I was in diapers when that thing came out. I can't have any opinion on that. LOL

It’s not about him as a person, for me anyway, it’s as a fan and consumer the actual output of content and things like that is my problem.
He pushed game pass which has been an awesome deal, as far as exclusives, none of the recent acquisitions have had a chance for release yet, and covid held stuff up

I want to give him the benefit of the doubt, but if starfield or avowed don't kill it, should probably be a wrap

Clintizzle

Lord of Edge.
What does that do for anyone? How does that help him?
It a step towards eliminating some really toxic people in the gaming community.

Not sure how much of an impact this particular event has but it may be part of a bigger solution.

Lognor

Banned
Everything he says is extremely calculated. I wouldn't be shocked if a team came up with this list.

So, you're saying Mr. harcore gamer Phil isn't going to play a videogame until God of War Ragnarok
Look at you twist yourself into a pretzel. First it was this was an extremely calculated post that his team put together. And then you go on to say gow2 is his most anticipated game, based on a tweet that was put together by a team and is probably fake. Gtfo

He pushed game pass which has been an awesome deal, as far as exclusives, none of the recent acquisitions have had a chance for release yet, and covid held stuff up

I want to give him the benefit of the doubt, but if starfield or avowed don't kill it, should probably be a wrap

The recent showcase was underwhelming for me, a lot of first person games in particular and no wow moments in the footage they showed. Covid yes but look at Sony and Nintendo dude.

If I could explain where I’m sincerely coming from, im invested in the Xbox ecosystem since OG and currently like most things about it apart from elements of the UI and first party offerings or lack of.

The recent showcase was underwhelming for me, a lot of first person games in particular and no wow moments in the footage they showed. Covid yes but look at Sony and Nintendo dude.

If I could explain where I’m sincerely coming from, im invested in the Xbox ecosystem since OG and currently like most things about it apart from elements of the UI and first party offerings or lack of.
I'm locked in as well, literally only content I have for ps5 is ps+, no purchases

So believe me I want xbox to nail it as well

Hopefully if they don't, they can at least keep getting 3rd party day one releases 😕

Lognor

Banned

Why are you only focused on this year? Covid has been around for 2.5 years and yet ms had a fantastic 2021. They won publisher of the year!

Yes, Sony is having a much better year in 2022, but 2021 was not kind to them. And Nintendo has really floundered imo. They've released some low content crap over the last two years (switch sports, mario tennis, Mario golf, etc). Only now are they starting to hit their stride with xenoblade 3 and Bayonetta 3 and splatoon 3, assuming the latter two don't get delayed.

Why are you only focused on this year? Covid has been around for 2.5 years and yet ms had a fantastic 2021. They won publisher of the year!

Yes, Sony is having a much better year in 2022, but 2021 was not kind to them. And Nintendo has really floundered imo. They've released some low content crap over the last two years (switch sports, mario tennis, Mario golf, etc). Only now are they starting to hit their stride with xenoblade 3 and Bayonetta 3 and splatoon 3, assuming the latter two don't get delayed.
What are you talking about There? There were tons of great PS5 games in 2021. Ratchet and Clank Rift Apart, Returnal, Deathloop, Psychonauts 2 (lol), Kena Bridge of Spirits, etc.

Lognor

Banned
What are you talking about There? There were tons of great PS5 games in 2021. Ratchet and Clank Rift Apart, Returnal, Deathloop, Psychonauts 2 (lol), Kena Bridge of Spirits, etc.
Gow2 was delayed. Gt was delayed. Hzd2 was delayed. All slated for 2021. Should I go on?

And now deathloop and psychonaut developers aren't dropping anything for playstation going forward

Do you expect Activision to pay off this year as well? At this point the answer is to own both, but retards who only want one or the other are just going to miss out

I’m not only focused on this year , I was just giving an example. The series consoles launched without any significant software with an already pretty big gap since Gears 5 launched on X1 and the narrative at launch was that it played your older games superbly. Which to me said a lot.

Yes you are correct , they got publisher of the year with Halo , psychonauts, Flight Simulator and Forza. That’s a positive. I want to see them bring the next Gears, not Gears 6, a game with that impact it had for 360, those wow moments you know? New stuff.

This is likely more to do with my personal tastes, I want them to be more like PlayStation has been, multiple projects at studios, new IPs with impact and I’m misguided in that thinking perhaps.

Last edited:

Batiman

Banned
Ya I’m more of an Xbox guy but I’d say ragnarok is my next hyped game. Loved the first. Don’t give a shit about most of there other praised games besides uncharted. Hope they make another one

kraspkibble

Permabanned.
i don't see what's so special about those games. I mean God of War. people seem to be hyped for it but doesn't look interesting to me at all. hope he enjoys it when it comes out though :) and it's nice he is mentioning his competitors products. he seems like a cool dude.

solidus12

That’s a low blow for the crowd that was calling the game DLC and those who were downplaying the potential of the game.

I’m looking at you, Colt.

Fredrik

I'm sure he thinks about it all the time as he's sitting in his bubble bath thinking about new ways to extract money from players.
I’d love to see his trophies list. I don’t think Jim Ryan is much of a gamer tbh. Doesn’t say anything about how good he is it his profession though. Maybe if Phil weren’t playing so much games he could’ve scored more timed exclusives and marketing deals like Jim.

Poppyseed

Yup, it shouldn't be shocking a GAMER is excited for a GOOD GAME.

In the real world aka outside of Gaf nobody fights over the plastic boxes, if you have the money then you own whichever one plays the game you want and that's as far as that thought goes.
Couldn't agree more. The console warring is the most pathetic, childish thing I've ever seen. I happily own a PS5, XBOX Series X, Steam Deck, Switch, PC, and guess what? They're all awesome in their own way, and even if I weren't fortunate enough to own all of them, I'd want to play games on all of them.

Fbh

I kinda miss when we got stuff like Crash with a megaphone yelling shit at Nintendo HQ instead of all this fake friendship crap.

Last edited:

SegaShack

Oh shut up already.
Why? The poster isn't wrong at all. I bought an XB1 day one in 2013 and after the first year the output for MS first party was practically non existent.

I'm sure he's a nice and friendly personality but for his "all about the games" schtick I haven't seen any output to reflect it.

Last edited:
I’d love to see his trophies list. I don’t think Jim Ryan is much of a gamer tbh. Doesn’t say anything about how good he is it his profession though. Maybe if Phil weren’t playing so much games he could’ve scored more timed exclusives and marketing deals like Jim.
Dunno about his trophies but you can look him up on Xbox (username: p3).... Seems pretty organic to me, and I know people have tried to line him up for when he's at events and when he's playing and haven't busted him so make whatever you want of that

Seems to me though there's a hell of a lot of risk for very little reward, especially when he doesn't actively advertise it, if he was faking it....

He has a fairly high gamerscore

Last edited:

Chukhopops

« Game you want to play next » isn’t exactly the same as « most anticipated game », what a shitty clickbait title.

The game I want to play next is Xenoblade Chronicles 3 because I’m buying it today (to play it), my most anticipated game is Starfield (or the BotW sequel maybe).

H4ze

Came in to check for salty mimimi posts about Phil, got not disappointed xD

Phil is a good guy, I like him, no matter what some here are crying about.
Also, who wouldn't want to play the new GoW?

KXVXII9X

From that Xbox Twitter post, it seems like he is way more of a gamer than I thought. He started with Pong and seems to have a large diversity of games he has played. At the end of the day he seems like a gamer who will play anything that excites him despite being head of Xbox. He probably has every console.

Whitecrow

Banned
Theres a reason for people who believe in true goodwill end up becoming villains.

Edit
I forgot about my profile pic for once. It speaks for itself.

Last edited:
Top Bottom