• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Phil Spencer says Fable fans should take confidence from Playground Forza Horizon work

Spidey Fan

Banned
Probably woke up after a 10 year coma and isn't aware NFS doesn't exist anymore, give him some time, he'll catch up.
I am still living in the past šŸ˜† šŸ¤£ .

I had a heck of blast with my OG xbox with burnout, need for speed, midnight club 2, Italian job, project cars 1-2. That was a great racing time.

These days, the racing rules makes racing games not that enjoyable. I guess I need to be in touch with time.

I never liked Fable, despite being a big RPG guy. I have much higher hopes for Playground Games to pull off a quality game than I did the previous teams.

MOTM

Banned
I'm not going to blindly trust a racing dev with making a RPG, sorry. They are worlds apart, the only thing that we can assume will be good in Fable are the vistas, the rest remains to be seen.

Heavenly Sword, Enslaved had really weak combat. DMC was extremely medocre because you know, it was crap when compared to other DMC games. Hellblade's combat was simple, and it worked to the game's advantage as combat was not the focus at all.

Doesn't warrant explanation when there's a consensus.
ā€œConsensusā€ šŸ˜‚

Renozokii

Yea Iiked DMC's combat. I haven't played through enough of DMC5 to really have a educated opinion. What was it about DMC5's combat that was better. It felt much slower to me. Maybe that was a good thing though?
For me more skillbased, more complexity, and more variety.

EverydayBeast

thinks Halo Infinite is a new graphical benchmark
Fable was motivation from Microsoft to combat Nintendoā€™s zeldas and Sonyā€™s dark cloud thatā€™s it. Theyā€™ll use it today to sell systems.

Shut0wen

Cdpr went from the witcher 3 to cyberpunk2077. Even if that game wasn't cooked very well, it was big transitioning for them, considering all they did was fantasy games.

God of war went from 3d to full 3rd person behind a camera.

And as far we know, open world cars like forza are hard to make. Every details about it is insane, compared to something like the witcher 3. Especially the speed transitioning of open world.
True but then again fable isnt even that much of an rpg though, thing is fable has been rumoured since 2017 at playground, latest rumour i heard indicated it was an mmo (hopefully not) but fable doesnt have to be the size of witcher 3 to be good, i have alot of faith in them and those games you mention are good points but look at citrion making black, sega going from virtual fighter to Daytona, it can be done with the right people, plus cdpr fucked up because they didnt start on the gane until 2 3 years after it was developed and miss management

Shut0wen

yeah that's about as lite as you can get!

I was thinking along the lines of GTA but focussed on the driving and without all that gangster shit. Maybe start off with some crappy pizza delivery job and work your way up to to some better paying careers that allow you to buy and customise cars for getting into a racing career along with some illegal street racing thrown in for good measure.
Yeah its lite rpg but so was fable

Spidey Fan

Banned
True but then again fable isnt even that much of an rpg though, thing is fable has been rumoured since 2017 at playground, latest rumour i heard indicated it was an mmo (hopefully not) but fable doesnt have to be the size of witcher 3 to be good, i have alot of faith in them and those games you mention are good points but look at citrion making black, sega going from virtual fighter to Daytona, it can be done with the right people, plus cdpr fucked up because they didnt start on the gane until 2 3 years after it was developed and miss management
If you check cyberpunk2077 on high end gaming pc, it will be 10x much better than ratchet and Clank. They shouldn't have had last gen at all. Even with buggy, the new gen would have handled the game better, that. The disaster we got.

Cyberpunk2077 on stadia is much better than my pc cyberpunk2077. Its night and day. Especially stadia doing all max settings.

The management did a dirty on this game. It could have been the next gta sadly.

Top Bottom