• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Phil Spencer says game companies must ‘turn away from dividing players and creators’

Crayon

Ugh. This is only the second time since switching back that I looked at an era thread out of morbid curiosity. They latched onto "cancel culture" in a millisecond and looking at the 11th page, never let go. What a headache.

fart town usa

Gold Member
Good on Phil.

I can definitely get behind that and as dumb as it sounds, it's pretty bold for him to say those things considering how the TwitteReee hivemind could twist it against him.

Too bad XBOX ain't got games. it's a joke, relax, lol.

IntentionalPun

Ask me about my wife's perfect butthole
Good on Phil.

I can definitely get behind that and as dumb as it sounds, it's pretty bold for him to say those things considering how the TwitteReee hivemind could twist it against him.

Too bad XBOX ain't got games. it's a joke, relax, lol.
Particularly bold since their latest Gamepass "hit" involves a guy about to go on trial for domestic violence lol

ShadowNate

Well it is a good short speech. I am keeping the point it tries to make, which is a positive one and a good message for the times we've found ourselves in.

If he's talking about "cancellations", you bet the "no it's actually consequences" crowd are having a meltdown so good stuff.

Last edited:

jigglet

Banned
Era is on meltdown
Michael Jordan Lol GIF

Usually I understand why Era is on meltdown, even if I disagree.

But more and more I'm finding it difficult to understand what's even triggering them.

Phil said a few things which at most seem like it might annoy...and that would be the end of that. What did he say that was worthy of any more than a "stfu phil"? What are these SJW nuts getting angry about?

Hendrick's

If only my penis was as big as my GamerScore!
Ugh. This is only the second time since switching back that I looked at an era thread out of morbid curiosity. They latched onto "cancel culture" in a millisecond and looking at the 11th page, never let go. What a headache.
Funny, that was my favorite part of his speech.

Topher

Gold Member
Usually I understand why Era is on meltdown, even if I disagree.

But more and more I'm finding it difficult to understand what's even triggering them.

Phil said a few things which at most seem like it might annoy...and that would be the end of that. What did he say that was worthy of any more than a "stfu phil"? What are these SJW nuts getting angry about?

Probably because Era realizes that they are the "culture of cancellation" and Phil's words are an affront to what they stand for as a community.

When Era reaches this level of outrage it typically means something good was said or done.

jigglet

Banned
Probably because Era realizes that they are the "culture of cancellation" and Phil's words are an affront to what they stand for as a community.

When Era reaches this level of outrage it typically means something good was said or done.
Ok thanks for that

jm89

*Puts down pitchfork*
I might agree with Phil

freakingout-crisis.gif

M16

the balls on this guy, he literally made starfield xbox exclusive seconds after deal with bethesda goes through.
its not xbox exclusive. its available on windows and cloud. its available to more people to play than if microsoft didnt purchase bethesda.

why tf this guy keep getting awards ? seriously for what

Talking

Contrast to PS. Less talking, more games. I much rather the 'STFU and give me games approach' which PS has been doing well.

At this point it must even be frustrating for Xbox fans to keep hearing this guy run his mouth with nothing to show for it. I don't hate Spencer, I don't hate Xbox but it's getting old now all this talk. Its getting really fucking old.

EDIT: And if you can't give me games. Give me reasons to get excited for the coming games. Show me some Xbox studio tours or game developer interviews, previews, teasers. Any-fucking-thing, just stop talking and start showing something. Anything.
FUCK

Last edited:

ByWatterson

Checked out the REEE thread and:

1. I cannot wait til Hogwarts Legacy dominates February.
2. Imma buy Hogwarts Legacy just to spite these clowns.

DaGwaphics

You must love it when Sony moneyhats exclusives, they're just expanding gaming to everyone via hardware.

I don't love it, nor do Sony players have to love MS acquisitions, but they aren't taking games away from players or taking developers away or whatever the nonsense was that I was replying to, no. Most of the time Sony lets the moneyhats release on PC as well, in both cases it's just the staunch supporters of the "other" platform that get left out. When Sony goes console only with these, they definitely limit the audience more than MS on Xbox/PC/Cloud, but still anyone can play it that really wants to play it. In MS's case you don't even need to get a good PC or another console, just buy a 3 Month GPU card and try to finish the game you wanted on Xcloud in that time frame.

DaGwaphics

Based Phil triggering Gaf and Era. What a chad

It's basically a given anytime you say you want to support all sides and create an inclusive environment without political or ideological division. The fringes of both sides of the coin never like that, as they really would prefer that only their views be supported and the other side be silenced, these tend to be the more vocal folks too.

DaGwaphics

But.....Why?? What's he saying that's so offensive?

Some of y'all act like Phil Spencer actually physically hurt you. Creepy. Shit is creepy as shit...

As has already been said, the topic of discussion in this thread, for the most part, doesn't even match with what Spencer was talking about to begin with LOL

Top Bottom