• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Phil Spencer says game companies must ‘turn away from dividing players and creators’

ByWatterson

This has nothing to do with Hogwarts, ms does not have marketing for it.

My point is that REE is on a hairtrigger posture because of this game.

If Phil casually suggesting it's good to let people make and consume what they want makes them lose their minds, February (a month traditionally used to celebrate love and sex among normies) being dominated by Actual Terrorist JK Rowling is gonna be LIT.

🔥🔥🔥

jigglet

Banned
FJY4cvfXEAQugJG.jpg

Arsic

Gold Member
Sure thing Jan.

Is this the same joy you preach when you have them bake in battlepasses, lootboxes, etc ?

You can’t turn a blind eye because you get the good suck and money from scumbag companies like EA with FIFA and Madden year in year out. Their goals aren’t even to be good sports titles that can be competitive anymore , just how do we get them into this FUT addiction year in year out.

You want to walk the walk and not talk the talk ? Refuse asshole games like this on your platform. Refuse the EA paycheck , and other greedy monetization schemes in games.

Edit: Nvm. Seeing what he did to ERA makes me agree entirely with him and he can do no wrong.

Phil for Gaffer of the year lmao.

Last edited:

jigglet

Banned

These people are so incapable of critical thinking it's scary. Their thinking is so incredibly ideological, so black and white it's terrifying to think how far this goes. Right now it's gender - which is relatively harmless, truth be told. Outside of lives being destroyed, people losing families, jobs, money etc, it's unlikely to lead to actual death and harm in 99.99% of cases.

But one day, apply this type of thinking to say, war time, and you can picture some pretty scary shit.

Whenever I look back at Mao-era China and think; how could kids turn on their own parents and in many cases have them killed? This is the path there. This is how you draw a straight line from legitimately positive ideology to the very pits of human cruelty.

Last edited:
These people are so incapable of critical thinking it's scary. Their thinking is so incredibly ideological, so black and white it's terrifying to think how far this goes. Right now it's gender - which is relatively harmless, truth be told. Outside of lives being destroyed, people losing families, jobs, money etc, it's unlikely to lead to actual death and harm in 99.99% of cases.

But one day, apply this type of thinking to say, war time, and you can picture some pretty scary shit.

Whenever I look back at Mao-era China and think; how could kids turn on their own parents and in many cases have them killed? This is the path there. This is how you draw a straight line from legitimately positive ideology to the very pits of human cruelty.
Yeah I just was looking at the thread. There’s a religiosity to the mindset. I used to think if there were no religion the world would be a better place but now it’s obvious people will just latch on to anything to create some narrative drive in their lives

Drew1440

Does this mean we're getting more virtue signaling messages on our Xbox dashboards?

Is there any chance that Phil is talking about game developers and publishers not being too political in order to not divide the player base due to political or religious reasons?

Trying to say it without outright saying it?
Wonder if this is related to that Hogwarts gaming coming up?

MadPanda

Banned
LMFAO @ the Thread at REEEeeEEEEEEeeeEE

If they had their way, literally 99% of the country would be canceled for having a different opinion

Came here to post about that. Just saw it and the amount of degenerate people in that thread is astounding.

There is a person saying he saw through Phil decades ago and that nothing misses him, other criticizing people for expecting a white CEO to be good and so on and so forth. My God, I never understood why people so heavily criticize Era but that thread opened my eyes. There are probably a few good threads, like PlayStation ot and Xbox ot, the rest should be avoided at all cost.

Drell

But.....Why?? What's he saying that's so offensive?

Some of y'all act like Phil Spencer actually physically hurt you. Creepy. Shit is creepy as shit...

companies must ‘turn away from dividing players and creators’​

IDK... Maybe when you're buying everything for yourself with your infinite money, you're "dividing" the whole industry? Maybe if you have an ounce of common sense, you would shut your mouth about this subject? But nooooo of course, i'm the almighty Phil Spencer, doing what I want with my money and then preach the good word. But you know what they say: Do what I say, not what I do.

And yes, that's not HIS money, that's MS money. But that doesn't change anything because he's Xbox head...

Gavon West

Spread's Cheeks for Intrusive Ads

companies must ‘turn away from dividing players and creators’​

IDK... Maybe when you're buying everything for yourself with your infinite money, you're "dividing" the whole industry? Maybe if you have an ounce of common sense, you would shut your mouth about this subject? But nooooo of course, i'm the almighty Phil Spencer, doing what I want with my money and then preach the good word. But you know what they say: Do what I say, not what I do.

And yes, that's not HIS money, that's MS money. But that doesn't change anything because he's Xbox head...
It's hilarious that not too long ago, the issue was the fabled "warchest" wasn't even a concern and thought to be fake. Now it's giving gamers nightmares. That's wild! Lol

Who cares if they have money to buy stuff to help them make more money. They have the money to do it. Having money is a crime now?WTH?

ToTTenTranz

Banned
He has turned Xbox around, and Xbox is seen quite favourably even with more casual gamers now, where as before it was everyone repeating the same Xbox one reveal info, what got around like wildfire.
He's turned the Xbox brand perception around, but at what cost?
Ever since they fused the Xbox earnings/profits reports with the Windows behemoth, nobody outside the company knows how much the Xbox division is making (or losing..).

Last edited:

graywolf323

Gold Member
At least somebody sees the right path forward, it will be glorious. Every single game on GP and everyone can play together since the scourge that is Nintendo and Sony will be defeated. GPU will only be $500 a month, good times. :messenger_tears_of_joy:
a little birdie told me it’ll be the low low price of your first-born child to get a lifetime sub

DaGwaphics

💀

Needs a slap more than he needs guidance

IKR, can you imagine being weak minded enough to even consider cancelling your GP subscription? Definition of a pleb.

a little birdie told me it’ll be the low low price of your first-born child to get a lifetime sub

Probably is about the amount of reward points you've have to spend to win one of those lifetime memberships they raffle.

Last edited:

anthony2690

Banned
He's turned the Xbox brand perception around, but at what cost?
Ever since they fused the Xbox earnings/profits reports with the Windows behemoth, nobody outside the company knows how much the Xbox division is making (or losing..).
Should we as consumers care at what cost?

If they provide a good service, I'm going to enjoy it.

I don't have shares in Microsoft so this stuff doesn't concern me, do you have shares in Microsoft?

It feels like it is just numbers used by console warriors online off either side (depending on favourable or less favourable news)

Unknown?

They support Steam, Switch and PlayStation with games with IP they own. No other platform holders put their IP on more platforms they don't own.
Steam is on Windows, they don't officially support any other operating system. Those games on Switch and PS are games that were there before they acquired them.

Drell

It's hilarious that not too long ago, the issue was the fabled "warchest" wasn't even a concern and thought to be fake. Now it's giving gamers nightmares. That's wild! Lol

Who cares if they have money to buy stuff to help them make more money. They have the money to do it. Having money is a crime now?WTH?
Money is neutral. It's what you do with it that matters, and when your goal is to have monopolies everywhere you go, then, maybe someone should do something?

HeisenbergFX4

Gold Member
Money is neutral. It's what you do with it that matters, and when your goal is to have monopolies everywhere you go, then, maybe someone should do something?
After reading so many comments over the last year here its amazing how many people do not understand what a monopoly truly is

Top Bottom