• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Photoshop DS games/apps you'd love to see

n-off

I suck at photoshop but this is my idea:

2d-adventure-games (top screen) with a 3d close-up of your environment, kinda like
shenmue when examining drawers etc. (bottom screen)

You would be controlling your char on the top screen via the D-Pad.

DOTTds.jpg

When you walk to a closet or something, the object will scroll in on the bottom screen.
This is where you could move things with the touch pen. ie. open drawers by pulling on them.
Also, the inventory could be opened on the bottom screen, then pull out items by touching and using them on the objects too. So for example you pick your key, move it to the drawer and rotate it. then pull open the drawer and pull some stuff from it in your inventory.

hope you get the idea?!

Varian

Rlan said:
dsmercs4oj.png

INCLUDING THE MEGADRIVE'S "ORIGINAL MODE" DAMMIT!
Has anyone done a proof of concept showing that a one inch piece of plastic between screens doesn't severely interfere with TATE gameplay?

I think all it'd take is a piece of electrical tape across your monitor in MAME. In fact I think I'll try that right now.

EDIT: I've realized my experiment won't work. In TATE mode on the DS your ship/mercenary sprite would actually be divided between both screens rather than it disappearing behind the plastic separator. Also I didn't want to sticky up my monitor.

Rlan

Yoshi's Touch and Go pulled it off pretty damn well.

As long as you character stays within the limits of the bottom screen, it shouldn't be a problem, really.

Lee N

Membre
n-off said:
I suck at photoshop but this is my idea:

2d-adventure-games (top screen) with a 3d close-up of your environment, kinda like
shenmue when examining drawers etc. (bottom screen)

You would be controlling your char on the top screen via the D-Pad.

DOTTds.jpg

When you walk to a closet or something, the object will scroll in on the bottom screen.
This is where you could move things with the touch pen. ie. open drawers by pulling on them.
Also, the inventory could be opened on the bottom screen, then pull out items by touching and using them on the objects too. So for example you pick your key, move it to the drawer and rotate it. then pull open the drawer and pull some stuff from it in your inventory.

hope you get the idea?!

http://nintendo-ds.dcemu.co.uk/scummvmds.shtml

game2scumm.jpg

Top Bottom