• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pick Your Favorite Console From Each Gen (OFFICIAL CONSOLE WAR THREAD! WE BE NICE AND HONEST!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

lachesis

8bit - MSX2 over NES/Master System
16bit - Megadrive/Genesis over SNES
32bit - Saturn
Next Gen: Dreamcast & GBA tie
Next Next Gen: Dead gen, except DS
Next Next Next Gen: 3DS & Wii U
Next Next Next Next Gen: PS4 Pro

Last edited:

TLZ

Banned
Sorry, but the 360 is not more than 512bits, maybe even 256!
Therefore the one is only 1024 bits, at most!

I'm a bit expert, I have done a lot of research on the subject, you should not post mis-information on the forum, less technically inclined people could take you seriously.

That numbering scheme makes no sense whatsoever, how do you know about each console's bit power?

When I started asking for an NES my grand-mother took this abomination out of an old closet and said, there you go, video games for you! That thing didn't even have colors! Unfortunately I had been introduced to gaming before and I wasn't impressed at all.
I was very fascinated by the moving things on TV, and I can control them! Something so new to me.

FranXico

MegaDrive
PC (for many yearss
PS3 (I also played lots of PS2 games on it)
PS4
Next, leaning towards splitting my gaming time more between PS5 and PC.

Last edited:

Shenmuefan2000

Neo Member
How old are some of you here to claim 6th gen ended in 2005??? I guess PS2 and GameCube didn't release any games from 2005-2007 then... Got it

Young'uns man

RagnarokIV

6th gen did not end in 2005 🤣
rise of the footsoldier essex GIF

rofif

Can’t Git Gud
360 and then ps4. Now p5 obviously.
Looking back, 360 was ruined by fuygly dashboards and avatars. I get this thing our from time to time and I see this uugly crap instead of blades.
I kinda wish I collected for ps3 and not 360 but at the time, 360 was much better in early gen

Danknugz

atari 5200
master system / NES
genesis snes PC
ps1 n64 saturn PC
ps2 dreamcast PC
xbox gamecube PC
xbox 360 PC, ps3
xbox one, PC, xbox one x (gift, didn't buy myself)
PC, xbox one x, xbox series x (bought for someone else who doesn't have PC)

Last edited:

Ev1L AuRoN

I'm a PC gamer since 1993, but I always had consoles and I love them.

• My First console was the SNES and I absolutely love it, played Genesis and love Sonic and Shinobi III but SNES was my favorite;
  • Then a N64 that I liked at first but ultimately sold it to get a PS1 which I consider vastly superior and the true successor of the SNES;
  • PS2 was the last console I got as gift from my uncle, played a lot of Gamecube on my friend house, PS2 is my favorite but I remember fondly of weekends and sleep-over my friend house just to play Smash Bros Melee and Mario Kart Double Dash;
  • PSP was the first console I bought with my own money, to this day the best handheld console IMHO, I bought an used NDS after a few years and love it to death but the PSP was my favorite hands down;
  • PS3 the most expensive console I ever bought, the Premium 60Gb with retro, played a lot of games on it, bought a 360 in the middle of the gen but sold out after finishing the exclusives I wanted;
  • PS4 bought on day one (first time getting a console so early), adored the console then Sony announce the Pro model, and TLOU II frustrated me so much that I sold it and bought a Nintendo Switch, this gen my favorite is a Nintendo console;
  • I stayed with PC ever since I sold my PS4 and bought the Switch, PC has my premium console, and I was happy with it, then the pandemic strike, prices went up, and I realized that PC gaming wasn't on a good spot, games stuttering, bad ports and my GPU poor VRAM buffer showing its age. I caved and got the PS5, now I have the Switch, PC - (mid to low end) and PS5, my favorite is the PS5.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom