• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pinball FX early access March 31st 2022 with an interesting pricing structure.

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

Enjoy the biggest brands in pinball form!

Discover brand new exclusive tables created for Pinball FX, or find your favorites among more than 80 unique and visually enhanced favorites from Zen's extensive digital pinball library. Relive the most iconic moments from entertainment powerhouses like Indiana Jones, Star Wars, Marvel, Universal Studios, and many more. Enjoy accurate re-creations of the most famous pinball machines of all time with Williams Pinball, or have fun with Zen’s original creations.

Build up your own customizable 3D playroom with collectible items unlocked by playing.

Enjoy digital pinball at its finest as Pinball FX brings you the most advanced simulation in pinball with Pro Physics for every table in the library, and options for 4K HDR visuals, and ray tracing.

Elios83

I like Pinball FX3 for the Williams/Bally tables but I don't know what they did with the new Pinball FX they launched yesterday.
I can't even download the tables, on PS5 I get a store message stating that the content is either not up yet or it's no longer available.
Now I'm reading that they expect people to buy the old tables again :messenger_tears_of_joy: I'm not seeing any major update that justifies that.

Last edited:

Minsc

Gold Member
Snoopy and Garfield tables? Wow it's time to take a closer look. Damn I will probably buy everything again when it hits VR.

Sp3eD

0G M3mbeR
I like Pinball FX3 for the Williams/Bally tables but I don't know what they did with the new Pinball FX they launched yesterday.
I can't even download the tables, on PS5 I get a store message stating that the content is either not up yet or it's no longer available.
Now I'm reading that they expect people to buy the old tables again :messenger_tears_of_joy: I'm not seeing any major update that justifies that.

Completely new engine. They COULD give the old users all the tables, but that wouldn’t make them money short term.

I’m still waiting for the steam version as my VPin is setup for fx3 perfectly on that. Don’t want to migrate to Epic.

Rayderism

OK, so I got this for PS5 and I'm wondering.......what is ray traced? I switch back and forth between performance and RT modes and I'm struggling to see any difference. When you turn on RT mode, it says that it does so with reduction to shadows and resolution, so it's not RT shadows.

YeWnoTH.gif

Cyberpunkd

Gold Member
Looking at the pricing scheme I am absolutely sure they hired some SaaS product bro in charge of that. This screams convoluted software pricing startup scheme from 2012.

TwiztidElf

From someone who's played Zen's Pinball FX games across all generations and most platforms, bought loads of tables, and poured dozens of hours into these games.
I'm disappointed, and I'm out.
I definitely noticed input lag on this new one (on PS5), and I hate the new menus/interface.
Why would I rebuy the tables? I'll just stick to PBFX3 across all platforms.

THE DUCK

voted poster of the decade by bots
I feel the input lag myself, needs to be fixed. Spent sometime comparing series X to ps5, I can't put my finger on what exactly is the reason but I swear the ps5 version looks better. Maybe lightng? Anyone else compare?

Knightime_X

What do they mean by tickets?
Tickets as in access to play the boards?
If you run out of tickets, you need to purchase more to even play?

Can't just purchase a board and play as freely as you want?
Very hard pass if that's the case.

Top Bottom