• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlanetSide 2 - 10th Anniversary Update Trailer

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

Celebrating 10 years of PlanetSide 2! Even after all these years... THE FIGHT ISN'T OVER.

Happy 10-Year Anniversary!
On November 20, PlanetSide 2 will be celebrating ONE DECADE of war on Auraxis. In this anniversary update, you'll find loads of visual updates, balance changes, an entirely new facility capture mechanic, new items available in the Depot, and even some upcoming events. All the details found below.

Capture the Conduit CTF mechanic, new Bastion Fleet Carrier role adjustment, base changes and more!

Kadve

10 years despite the game still running like crap, population "balance" means you can only play during certain hours of the day and with Esamir ruined only 2 of the 5 continents are any fun to play on.

CuNi

surprised they havnt abandoned this game, steam version is basically dead.

I don't know where you're getting that info from. Steam version plays on the exactly same servers as the standalone launcher.

It also has a average of 1,5k on steam and more on stand-alone, which is more than enough since there is only a very small number of servers.

I'd you don't play during the night or in very odd hours, there is always enough players online for fun and engaging battles.

Still playing it after 10 years. Had maybe 2 breaks of a few months in those years but there is just nothing like it. Especially in the early years on Miller you had team play on a massive scale with an entire command structure.

STARSBarry

Gold Member
This is so fake. Every time I've logged onto this game there have been full servers with hundreds of people. They even lock every continent except for one now so all the players are matched together.

It used to be 1000's as the game was designed and balanced around that...

The_Mike

I cry about SonyGaf from my chair in Redmond, WA
The only large-scale shooter with legs.
Animated GIF

I'm sure there were. I remember watching that event they had for the largest game of Planetside 2 ever.

But these game can only last for so long. They need to make a third one in Unreal 5.
There is no money for it. They have a skeleton crew updating the game for a peak of 4-5K players a day.

Personally I think it's a real shame there is no interest in these type of games anymore.

Last edited:

STARSBarry

Gold Member
I'm sure there were. I remember watching that event they had for the largest game of Planetside 2 ever.

But these game can only last for so long. They need to make a third one in Unreal 5.

Agreed, honestly the issue with Planetside 2 was it was always a strain on the hardware of its time.

I remember having 2x GTX 580's in Sli and it ran horrifically. I think if I'm packing that and running into issues I can only imagine what others with less capable hardware put up with.

I stuck around for 6 months or so, but not the years I did on the original.

Last edited:
There is no money for it. They have a skeleton crew updating the game for a peak of 4-5K players a day.

Personally I think it's a real shame there is no interest in these type of games anymore.
I mean I think there is certainly some interest still but I don't think Planetside 2 has the best looking aesthetics or the most enjoyable gameplay. I think if it looked and felt more like Titanfall or something it would be more popular.

Top Bottom