• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Platinum says it’s proud of Bayonetta 3 and wants to show it, but the decision is up to publisher Nintendo

Fbh

LOL I saw this thread linger around on the first page for longer than expected.
Clicked to see if there was some additional news that has kept it active.

But of course it's people arguing about the exlusivity........ 9 fucking years after Bayo 2 was announced as Nintendo exclusive

g8w9Gkq.jpg

The dream is dead lads.

Damn, would suck if they recast her.
Bayonetta is one of the few Japanese games I prefer to play with dubs instead of subs, and she is a big reason why.

Woopah

Yes, 2nd party is a subset of 1st party. 1st party games are the games published by the platform holder. 2nd party games are the games published by the platform holder but developed by a 3rd party studio they don't own.

Sometimes the 1st party publishes the 2nd party game in a certain region or platform instead of making it everywhere, and sometimes the IP of the 2nd party game is owned by the 1st party (Luigi's Mansion, Bloodborne, Death Stranding) or by a 3rd party (Nioh, Bayonetta, etc).
Makes sense. I don't have any issue with second party being used in this way

Closer

Damn, would suck if they recast her.
Bayonetta is one of the few Japanese games I prefer to play with dubs instead of subs, and she is a big reason why.

Same here but I can live. I just need more Bayonetta and I'd be happy.

MagiusNecros

Gilgamesh Fan Annoyance
If Hellena doesn't revoice her it either means Bayo is geting a new VA or Bayo is going to die or be removed early on in Bayonetta 3 for a new lead character.

jigglet

Banned
I hope get number 3 one day and it isn't left to die/become vapor ware. I loved Bayonetta 2 which I consider an improvement over the already very good original.

I was going to say they should release 2 on Switch. Then I had some vague recollection of them doing it. I looked it up and sure enough they did! This might be my next game :)

Top Bottom