• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Playing with the separated joycons on each hand feels amazing.

GloveSlap

I can manage it, but i've never liked split controllers except for (motion controls).

I need a solid foundation for.......I guess leverage is the best word for it.

Tams

I still want a pro version of the joycons. I can't believe this isn't a thing, I'd shell out for this.

I know there is the Switch Pro Controller and it's great but it's not the same, especially when trying GYRO.
Gyro on the Pro Controller is much better for most things as it's a more stable base. Joycons are wobble town.

The best was the Wii U Gamepad. Nice and weighty.

Hori have released some new, more ergonomic Joycon replacements with back buttons, but unfortunately they have neither gyroscopes nor HD Rumble.

HoodWinked

having a separated controller is an abomination and liking it is akin to pedophilia.

Frustrated Whats Wrong With You GIF

It doesn't matter how you hold the joycons. Seperated. Attached to the grip or attached to the Switch it self.

They are, by far, the worst controller I've ever had to use for a major system. Everything about the joycons suck. They're too small. The Buttons are small and clicky. No button feels "right" to press and they have no travel time. The analog sticks are way too small, especially to aim with. The B button is too close to the right stick. Pressing the minus button takes way too much effort. The D pad is garbage for everything. Using a PS5 or Xbox controller after the Switch is like taking off your work shoes and putting on your comfortable slippers.

The joycons are trying to be too many things. A handheld controller, a standalone controller, separate controllers and a controller that is both for one and two players. it tries to do too much, and that's why it sucks at everything. I fucking hate these things.
i bought my switch, &, within 24 hours, bought a pro controller. as is, the switch is unplayable to me...

coffinbirth

Still holding out hope DS3/PS3 Bluetooth is added to Mission Control so we can use Playstation Move Navigation controllers like detached individual Joycon.

aHR0cDovL3d3dy5ibG9nY2RuLmNvbS9lcy5lbmdhZGdldC5jb20vbWVkaWEvMjAxMC8wNi9kdWFsc2hvY2stbmF2LWNvbnRyb2xsZXItMS5qcGc=

These also work well on PC + mouse.

Tams

Still holding out hope DS3/PS3 Bluetooth is added to Mission Control so we can use Playstation Move Navigation controllers like detached individual Joycon.

aHR0cDovL3d3dy5ibG9nY2RuLmNvbS9lcy5lbmdhZGdldC5jb20vbWVkaWEvMjAxMC8wNi9kdWFsc2hvY2stbmF2LWNvbnRyb2xsZXItMS5qcGc=

These also work well on PC + mouse.

They do. The battery is completely shot on mine though and they are too straight, so hurt after a while.

Also, you need games to support simultaneous DirectInput and XInput if you want analogue movement and a mouse, cough Sleeping Dogs cough.

Personally I can only bear playing with the pro controller. The joycons just feel very awkward for me to use. To each our own I guess.

GymWolf

Yup exactly, I have big hands and I feel like I am about to break those things. Get the pro controller and be done
Bought the pro controller for my pc and i'm not really satisfied with it either tbh.

It's ok at best.

If you have large hands, the best controller i had was the nacon revolution pro vers 2, that's a big heavy bitch that make the pro looks like a frail bambi.

Top Bottom