• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation 2’s Sleek Redesign Is The Logical Progression For The 2026 PS6 Gaming Console

T8SC

You take that back now
Angry Mad GIF by Pokémon

never-harrypotter.gif

PLAYSTATION 2’S SLEEK REDESIGN IS THE LOGICAL PROGRESSION FOR THE 2026 PS6 GAMING CONSOLE

Rtf5gcE.jpg

From the article:

Article:

Looks pretty neat and there are more pictures in the article.

PS6 will definitely be slim...in fact I think it's going to be something quite special.

...but there's no way in hell it's coming 2026, that's too soon for 10th gen. 2028 at the earliest.

You some how want to fit a 20+tf inside something smaller than a Dr seuss book

bill nye GIF
GIF by Election 2016

10th-gen consoles will be a shitton more powerful than 20 TF and be able to fit inside a design like that with TDP profiles possibly even a bit less than the 9th-gen systems.

But we're like seven years away from that, which will be enough time to make it happen.

Excuse me, the PSone would like to have a word with you.

CTBGMp5.jpg

Look at those sexy curves, at those big, satisfying buttons, begging lustfully for a gamers touch. How could anyone deny perfection!?

If I ever got rich enough, I would commission a ridiculously sized oil painting to hang in my bed room. It would greet me with the morning sun each morning and remind me that there is true beauty in this world.

I personally think the JVC WonderMega (Sega Mega CD variant) is the coolest-looking games console ever made, but some of the PS designs aren't too shabby.

nt0yg_1024x1024.jpg

PS1, PS2 and PS4 in particular look very good; PS5 is so pseudo-futuristic it looks goofy, and the PS3 is a George Foreman grill.

Last edited:

mckmas8808

Mckmaster uses MasterCard to buy Slave drives
You some how want to fit a 20+tf inside something smaller than a Dr seuss book

bill nye GIF
GIF by Election 2016

LOL!!! I know right. And honestly, the PS6 will probably have closer to 50+ TFs of power too. So yeah.......this isn't happening.

Now that I'm completely digital and all my consoles are in a separate media closet in my media room, I never see my consoles anyway.

rofif

Can’t Git Gud
I am hoping for no pro consoles and no new console until 2027-2028.
I hate short console life cycles :p

And that mockup is ... meh. I like the bold, not boring designs lately

intbal

What a wimpy looking console.
Can you even game on that thing? Or do you just floss your teeth with it?

Now here's a machine with some muscle:

ASGlpcf.jpg

cormack12

Gold Member
I think they should make it bigger. I think they should see what the limit is. I'd like it to be a table sized device that doubles as a futon.

Filben

Doesn't matter how it looks because you won't be able to buy one :)

Jokes aside, I COULD live with the size but not the design of the PS5 as of now; looks too busy and twitchy by design, too many curves. It looks like the guy who designed it on paper hated rulers so he did everything in an arc or curve.

truth411

PLAYSTATION 2’S SLEEK REDESIGN IS THE LOGICAL PROGRESSION FOR THE 2026 PS6 GAMING CONSOLE

Rtf5gcE.jpg

From the article:

Article:

Looks pretty neat and there are more pictures in the article.
😂 Who thinks next gen starts in 2026? 😂

More like holiday 2028, the first 2 years of the PS5 launch will be sold out due to the chip shortage.

BlackM1st

Banned
Sony should really try to make anything uglier than PS5. So... Uh, no where to go but up? And yeah, PS2 is amazing.

xPikYx

Wow that thing is as beautiful as the original slim maybe even better. If PS6 looks like that, I'm still not buying it though. My days for consoles are over the moment they started selling Resolution Upgrade and 60 fps for $10 more.
My days for consoles are over since PC became a true gaming platform, you have always the best version of the game (better graphic, more fps, better resolution) for cheaper price and you can also improve it thanks to mods, I don't understand why consoles still exists, especially now that are a mere upgrade, not different from buying a new graphic card

Fahdis

My days for consoles are over since PC became a true gaming platform, you have always the best version of the game (better graphic, more fps, better resolution) for cheaper price and you can also improve it thanks to mods, I don't understand why consoles still exists, especially now that are a mere upgrade, not different from buying a new graphic card

I think its all about economy. Personally, I have moved onto Cloud Gaming. Its a 1 to 1 experience since I have a Shield TV with 3080 Tier. The only downside is publishers opting out due to greed. Otherwise my gaming legacy is now a PS5 Controller and a great OLED. I refuse to buy console games. Heck I don't intend to buy a PS5 or XSX.

- Buy a Subscription to Play Online which is criminal.
- With Plus or Gold you don't even get to keep the games while PC gamers get games for free almost every damn day.
- Always the inferior product that requires updates and upgrades going into next gen.
- More expensive games and no regional stores (MS has it though)
- The only pros now are that everyone gets to play the games that are exclusives which at some point can be played on PC through emulation later.

Console gaming barrier of entry is lower but it ends up costing more in the long run.

Last edited:

Krappadizzle

Gold Member
Excuse me, the PSone would like to have a word with you.

CTBGMp5.jpg

Look at those sexy curves, at those big, satisfying buttons, begging lustfully for a gamers touch. How could anyone deny perfection!?

If I ever got rich enough, I would commission a ridiculously sized oil painting to hang in my bed room. It would greet me with the morning sun each morning and remind me that there is true beauty in this world.

I remember thinking when I first saw this back when it came out...

giphy.gif

I don't understand why consoles still exists, especially now that are a mere upgrade, not different from buying a new graphic card

You know. You're just being douchey about it. There's many VERY valid reasons as to why consoles are great and why they exist. I say this as a primary PC gamer for the better part of the last 15 years.

Last edited:

xPikYx

I remember thinking when I first saw this back when it came out...

giphy.gif

You know. You're just being douchey about it. There's many VERY valid reasons as to why consoles are great and why they exist. I say this as a primary PC gamer for the better part of the last 15 years.
I think is just that people are use to it, or because they are cheap, but in reality they are not, because of online services and expansive games. Probably because they are "easy", plug and play. Easy to buy for parents to children. Exactly, children, they are gaming toys. Indeed I used to play with them when I was a kid/teenager (thought when they were actually something, the golden age)

TrebleShot

The PS6 will be your subscription service to a Sony owned game streaming platform or will be a mobile phone with access to loads of F2P shit.

Corndog

Banned
Just think some are such console warriors that they would compare a full fledged Home console to a Hybrid portable console.
So how about series x?

From Amazon.
PS5: 18.5 x 16.8 x 6.9 inches
Series X: 14.17 x 11.49 x 5.04 inches

Last edited:

Krappadizzle

Gold Member
I think is just that people are use to it, or because they are cheap, but in reality they are not, because of online services and expansive games. Probably because they are "easy", plug and play. Easy to buy for parents to children. Exactly, children, they are gaming toys. Indeed I used to play with them when I was a kid/teenager (thought when they were actually something, the golden age)
My memory could be fuzzy, but I had either moved onto Dreamcast or PS2 by the time I saw that PSone. I did think it was cool with that little screen attachment and imagined how much better cross-country car rides with my parents would have been had that been around just a few years earlier.

xPikYx

My memory could be fuzzy, but I had either moved onto Dreamcast or PS2 by the time I saw that PSone. I did think it was cool with that little screen attachment and imagined how much better cross-country car rides with my parents would have been had that been around just a few years earlier.
Indeed, something for kids

Tschumi

giant plug-in heat sink designed to look like a coffee table book for it to stand on

also whoever put square stands on every corner didn't realize that the stands are meant to be the PS square, cross, circle and triangle, according to ps4 pro

Last edited:

Banned

that looks fucking amazing... but why the fuck does it say PS2 on the top? I also love the use of the symbols on the eject and power buttons!

the issue with this is that is it obviously unrealistically small. it would need to be at least about 3x-4x in volume to even be close to being realistic IMO

Last edited:

Gamerguy84

I can't be the only one who likes the different designs of PS consoles.

Box designs are cool but ordinary. Everything after PS2 had a different themed design and I liked them all.

Top Bottom