• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation 5 [OT] Taking Over The World One SSD At A Time

Mossybrew

Well Godfall was fun for the maybe ten hours of the story, then they dump you into a punishing endgame system where I couldn't beat the first boss over two nights of attempts even though I'm like, 4 levels higher than this asshole. What was an easygoing romp suddenly turned into a frustrating chore. Poop.

Mr Hyde

Bought a new external hard drive for PS5. It's the 2 TB official PlayStation model from Seagate. Had 1TB of storage before, but the USB cable on the drive was quite bad and sat loose in the console, unplugging itself from time to time which was rather irritating. Figured I could just buy a new one and expand it. It also has a nice PS logo on it, which is a nice little detail. This will last me over the generation storage wise.

One thing that annoys me to no end though, is that you can't move games between storage in the background. You always have to watch that god-damned screen showing you the progress. Sony needs to patch this asap so I can play or watch videos while I'm moving stuff in and out of storages.

Mossybrew

I remember some posters here complaining about Miles Morales VA, and now that I've played it yikes yeah, his voice is just really annoying, almost Urkel-level parody. What were they thinking? It's distracting as hell.

WoodyStare

GameStop is attempting to send me another PS5 after the shitshow with FedEx. This time they were kind enough to pay for priority shipping which means it won’t be handled by contractors. Fingers crossed it doesn’t “go missing” this time.

Dying to play Demons Souls and Returnal.

Mr Hyde

I really like the activity cards when they are done properly. Control implemented it well and now I'm playing Plague Tale which also utilize the cards in a good way. I like that little tips and hints are included about collectibles and what you are supposed to do if you can't figure it out so that you aren't forced to look up a guide on the internet. It keeps you in the game which is very nice. I also like how it tracks collectibles and trophy progress.

BadBurger

Is 'That Pure Potato'
I picked up a Pulse 3D headset just so I don't have to take my Arctis Steelseries inbetween my home office and living room because I am that lazy. For such a cheap headset I am impressed with how good it sounds. Tried it with PS5 version of FFVII Remake and Ratchet'. Maybe I'll download Miles Morales later and vibe to the music in that while I wrap up my platinum.

rofif

Banned
I picked up a Pulse 3D headset just so I don't have to take my Arctis Steelseries inbetween my home office and living room because I am that lazy. For such a cheap headset I am impressed with how good it sounds. Tried it with PS5 version of FFVII Remake and Ratchet'. Maybe I'll download Miles Morales later and vibe to the music in that while I wrap up my platinum.
Yeah it is fantastic. I think it sounds better than steelseries.
Be sure to have 3d audio enabled on ps5.

WoodyStare

ozCmQdP.jpg

Finally….

WoodyStare

I have to admit, as someone who wasn’t particularly enthused about it initially, the look of this console is growing on me. Vertically, the digital version looks very sleek in an entertainment center. It doesn’t stick out like I thought it would with mostly dark furniture, and even has a certain elegance to it. And the controller, my god does it feel awesome. The best they’ve made.

Last edited:
Amazon.co.uk still got some stock at the time of this post.

edit: and it's gone. Seems like it's becoming more readily available. It was up for a good half hour according for twit alert.

Last edited:

catvonpee

Did anyone manage to get one from Walmart today? Was it press and keep holding or press, hold, and let go when the checkmark appears?

Amory

Did anyone manage to get one from Walmart today? Was it press and keep holding or press, hold, and let go when the checkmark appears?
I just kept spamming the add to cart button on the mobile app, and yeah pressing and holding the button until the checkmark appears every time they asked. I was at it for probably a half hour before I finally got an order through.

They get released in waves so if it says out of stock you can just keep clicking add to cart and one will probably end up in your cart eventually. After that it's just luck whether you get through checkout or not. Helps to have your address and card number on file obviously

Apparently Walmart has some crazy delays in shipping time which I wasn't aware of. My expected delivery isn't until late September

rofif

Banned
Can someone start up astro playroom and get super close to their tv and see if they can also notice the WHOLE SCREEN SHAKING/MOVING suuuper fast?
Only in gameplay. Level select menu don't have that.

I've only noticed this in astro and once I got a big tv. It is kinda annoying but I guess it's some sort of 1 pixel movement anti aliasing we've seen on psp years ago ?

Amory

Walmart's PS5 selling practices are just pure BS. I can wait for the stupid thing. Whatever. I waited this long. But it really is ridiculous that they're blatantly selling PS5s that they not only don't have, they're not even close to receiving in their warehouses.

If you're going to sell consoles to people with a delivery estimate a month and a half out, why not just let everyone with an account buy one and just keep moving out the delivery dates? What's the difference?

Don Carlo

No idea, if it was posted here or not, but Techland is already working on a new AAA Open-World RPG Game. The source comes from job listings, which were posted this week. I reckon it's either return of an old Franchise, although its not the meta, Dying Light 3 could already be in the works?

BadBurger

Is 'That Pure Potato'
Walmart's PS5 selling practices are just pure BS. I can wait for the stupid thing. Whatever. I waited this long. But it really is ridiculous that they're blatantly selling PS5s that they not only don't have, they're not even close to receiving in their warehouses.

If you're going to sell consoles to people with a delivery estimate a month and a half out, why not just let everyone with an account buy one and just keep moving out the delivery dates? What's the difference?

I'll be real, with the way retailers have been failing to adequately deal with bots and the failings of their front-ends, I think Sony should reserve a significant portion of their stock each re-up and only offer them to PSN members that do not already own a PS5 and have been long time members - and are still active accounts. It would alleviate much of the headache. I got lucky as shit and got mine in December. There's no reason Joe Schmoo X who has a PS4 and has been a loyal customer since 2010 or something should have to compete with bots and a scalpers and the shitty sales systems of retailers for a PS5. Just my opinion.

Last edited:

rofif

Banned
Believe or not - I never had ps+. I finally got 12 months with 50% off and added all the ps collection games to library.
I do own most of them and find it very confusing.

For example -Uncharted 4 was the only one that required "buying for 0" instead of "add to lbirary" like all other.
God of war stills shows me discounted price if I want to buy the game alongside downloading/playing it.
While others like The Last Guardian just show "play" and there is no way to buy it digitally.

I own most of these games on disc so it is extremely weird having option to purchase digital versions of some but not others. So now, when ps+ runs out, I would be really confused which games I own digitally and what physically and what in ps+

Celcius

°Temp. member
When watching YouTube or twitch on my ps5, I noticed that the colors look more saturated than when I’m on my PC. Is this because of HDR? Does anyone else notice this?

Also, is there no way to backup your ps5 save datas locally in case your console kicks the bucket?

Last edited:

rofif

Banned
When watching YouTube or twitch on my ps5, I noticed that the colors look more saturated than when I’m on my PC. Is this because of HDR? Does anyone else notice this?

Also, is there no way to backup your ps5 save datas locally in case your console kicks the bucket?
yes. Using hdr for sdr youtube videos makes it look worse.

Bryank75

Banned
So, I am wondering how many people think PlayStation may NOT have bought Bluepoint games..... and what if they didn't?

It's been many months and we had an Investor relations meeting already.

Perhaps it really was a mistake for Japan to post that picture?

ANyone want to give their 2c?

Kenneth Haight

Gold Member
So, I am wondering how many people think PlayStation may NOT have bought Bluepoint games..... and what if they didn't?

Certainly strange that we have not heard anything as that promotional tweet looked like a certainty but just a mistake.

Less nervous now that Horizon has a release date, also Elden Ring in January so I have plenty on the schedule to keep me busy in the new year however would like to see something soon from Sony, this whole mysterious quiet thing is getting a bit boring now.

Star-Lord

Heads up for stock drops in UK retail.

Bryank75

Banned
Certainly strange that we have not heard anything as that promotional tweet looked like a certainty but just a mistake.

Less nervous now that Horizon has a release date, also Elden Ring in January so I have plenty on the schedule to keep me busy in the new year however would like to see something soon from Sony, this whole mysterious quiet thing is getting a bit boring now.

I'm thinking it might have fallen through in negotiations quite late on.

There are lots of great studios they could add to the 1st party mix.... IOI, Asobo etc etc. so I am still hopeful for additions.

I would love them to fill the niches, like stealth, wrpg and get a 1st party fighting game.

rofif

Banned

At this point I thik they didn't and it's a mistake if they failed to buy them.
It's not THAT huge since it's just a remake studio but they have technical skill of which there is never too much.

Btw - I hate that these populkat |OT] are moved to community part of forum just do die here. I rarely look in here.... and when I look a week later, there's been only 1 more post or something.

Does anyone else have a problem with disc ejection?

I had to manually eject a bluray a couple of days ago by turning the screw and today the disc drive made some loud noise and the spat the disc out on the floor, after I pressed the eject button 😅

Let's see if I have to send my PS5 to Sony.

Fret Runner

Went to my local curry’s early this morning to see if there was stupidly long queue, but everything came up Milhouse and I ended up second in line.
6z9RHOR.jpg

the queue did get pretty insane though. Only for the store to have just 36 of them to sell lol

props to my PS4 though, it’s my first PS to ever last a whole generation without needing replacing.

Anyway, a belated hey to you all, PS5GAF 👋

Last edited:

BadBurger

Is 'That Pure Potato'
Went to my local curry’s early this morning to see if there was stupid queue, but everything came up Milhouse and I ended up second in line.
6z9RHOR.jpg

the queue did get pretty insane though. Only for the store to have just 36 of them to sell lol

props to my PS4 though, it’s my first PS to ever last a whole generation without needing replacing.

You man now

BadBurger

Is 'That Pure Potato'
Got this figure to place next to my PS5 (keeping it Sony and all). Only, do I go with the full suit Spider-Man, or early 30's depressed Pete?

YPdPztK.png

---

It is done

J4GAHvz.jpg

Last edited:

Bryank75

Banned
Went to my local curry’s early this morning to see if there was stupid queue, but everything came up Milhouse and I ended up second in line.
6z9RHOR.jpg

You in the UK?

Congrats, welcome to the brotherhood.

WoodyStare

Noticed Miles Morales Ultimate Edition is discounted on PSN, just applied some rewards credit and basically got two games for $21 each. Not bad.

Amory

Finally got my console!

One thing that sucks is it won't output 4k HDR on my LG OLED (2016 B6 model). When I enable HDR it automatically selects 1080p.

I don't know why this would be. I do have the PS5 connected to a receiver (Sony STRDH790) which does handle 4k HDR on all ports, so I don't know what's going on. I've tried googling but haven't found any solutions

Top Bottom