• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation 5 sales reach 20 million worldwide

Dolodolo

So they already confirmed GaaS releasing day one on PC and yet you are in denial? MS also started slowly until they were at a point where they were confortable releasing every single game day one with PC. Sony is moving just as fast if anything.

It all started with Death Stranding in July 2020, we are in June 2022 now and look at all that was already announced or released on PC.
You are literally one of those people who liked my posts. where I SAY that service games will be coming to PC on the first day, BECAUSE they are literally games made for making money in the internal store, and they need the maximum reach of the audience that is now possible to provide.

Why are you trying to play the fool here?

And what about Death Stranding?

This game was signed in 2016, and even then the PC version was taken into account. There is even an interview from that time where they talk about the PC version, but in the end it was deleted.

What is this example? It's literally Kojima's condition to cooperate.

Dolodolo

Why does it make sense for GaaS but not single player games? What stopping Sony from releasing their single player games day one or a few months later on PC?

Please, don't be upset.

I explained to you in a post below why this makes sense for game services.

And don't try to sit here and troll.

Either you answer arguments for argument, or you can go to the thread about spider-man and talk about release windows there, which will decrease.

You are literally one of those people who liked my posts. where I SAY that service games will be coming to PC on the first day, BECAUSE they are literally games made for making money in the internal store, and they need the maximum reach of the audience that is now possible to provide.

Why are you trying to play the fool here?

And what about Death Stranding?

This game was signed in 2016, and even then the PC version was taken into account. There is even an interview from that time where they talk about the PC version, but in the end it was deleted.

What is this example? It's literally Kojima's condition to cooperate.
You seem to have a very hard time just projecting how things change over time.

2018: There is no expectation that any Sony game will ever release on PC.
2022: Every Sony game is developed with the expectation that it will be released on PC. Sony GaaS are expected to release on PC day one. Sony is even going back and porting games that were not developed with PC in mind.

MS started experimenting with this a long time ago and even by 2015 they were still not releasing all their games day one on PC. Halo 5 never got a PC version and even Rise of Tomb Raider released later on PC. Then in 2016 something changed an since then they released every game day one on PC. This is clearly Sony's inspiration (they realized it didn't have a significant effect on Xbox sales) and there is no going back. Sony is already comfortable with their moneyhated exclusives releasing day one on PC, that says it all.

Last edited:

Dolodolo

You seem to have a very hard time just projecting how things change over time.

2018: There is no expectation that any Sony game will ever release on PC.
2022: Every Sony game is developed with the expectation that it will be released on PC. Sony GaaS are expected to release on PC day one. Sony is even going back and making ports of games that were not developed with PC in mind.
In general, everything is clear.
You cannot answer any of my arguments sensibly and are trying to troll.

Good evening.

jroc74

Phone reception is more important to me than human rights
We celebrate it because more consoles sold. Means more Playstations in the future and more games. Nothing to do with share holders lol
This is true.

I just refer to the smartphone market .... ask Palm, Blackberry and MS about hardware sales and what it means.

Last edited:

jroc74

Phone reception is more important to me than human rights
I'm pretty sure I'm not understanding it then.

"We celebrate it because more consoles sold. Means more Playstations in the future and more games. Nothing to do with share holders lol"

I was pointing how companies in the smartphone market that sold less n less hardware eventually ....stop making hardware......

That absolutely affected consumers directly....especially if you were using one of their phones.

I forgot to add LG. And am legit shocked Sony is still making smartphones. Granted I dont follow their phones that much tho.

Last edited:
"We celebrate it because more consoles sold. Means more Playstations in the future and more games. Nothing to do with share holders lol"

I was pointing how companies in the smartphone market that sold less n less hardware eventually ....stop making hardware......

That absolutely affected consumers directly....especially if you were using one of their phones.
That makes sense. :messenger_squinting_tongue:

Last edited:

Kerotan

That’s really good considering all the supply issues, very close to the PS4 still. It always baffles me to think about where they could’ve been by now without the supply issues, maybe 30M? It just fly off the shelf.

I’m in no hurry to get one yet personally, will wait for the Slim/pro model. Hopefully it’ll be easier to get by then.
40M was possible. Most in demand console ever. Anyway first to 20m wins.

Neofire

Good momentum Sony, for the sake of the brand I hope the supply constraints start to lessen over the next year. It's paramount that Sony move units to get people investing in the ecosystem more.

Azelover

Titanic was called the Ship of Dreams, and it was. It really was.
i'm waiting for a PS5 Slim. i'm not having that thing sitting beside my TV. they need to slim it down and get rid of the glossy shit.

the wait is made easier due to lack of any meaningful PS5 exclusives. i've kept my PS4 to play HFW, GT7. hopefully in 2023/2024 there will be exclusives and a Slim model :messenger_smiling: i know this is a concept but it looks so much better:

iu
ooh yes, that's sexy.. I want the black one!

FStubbs

Thank you sir.

It's the other way around, shipping is the total of consoles shipped to stores and 20 million the sales to consumers.

Console wars indeed.
( by the way, if you were living under a rock, that's a jab to an actual statement from a Ms PR suit so,.... lol)

Wtf is that giant beige hemorrhoids!?
I know. I was trying to make a scalper joke that apparently went over like a lead balloon.

John Wick

Your point that it won't decrease isn't just an opinion either? You started saying it was just my imagination, but we went from games never releasing on PC to begin with too games releasing in less than a year on PC.

Spider-man, God of War, Uncharted... come on. It's over, they'll port everything to PC as soon as possible.
No they won't. You listed Uncharted Legacy earlier as coming out a few months ago. Which of those games is new and hasn't been out for years already?
Your mistaken if you think any titles are releasing day and date with PC barring gaas games

No they won't. You listed Uncharted Legacy earlier as coming out a few months ago. Which of those games is new and hasn't been out for years already?
Your mistaken if you think any titles are releasing day and date with PC barring gaas games
Why are you in denial bro? It's 100% going to happen, it couldn't be more obvious, just wait then. Feel free to call me out if it doesn't happen within a few years max.

Top Bottom