• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation buys Firewalk Studios

Poltz

https://blog.playstation.com/2023/0...lk-studios-to-the-playstation-studios-family/
Sony Interactive Entertainment LLC ("SIE") announced today it has entered into an agreement with ProbablyMonsters Inc. to acquire Firewalk Studios™, a studio of industry-leading creatives developing an original AAA multiplayer game for PlayStation®5 (PS5™) and PC. Firewalk will collaborate alongside world-class development teams, including Bungie and Haven Interactive Studios, to define a new generation of live service experiences for PlayStation gamers.

Last edited:

GHG

Gold Member
Hungry Food GIF

Ronin_7

Banned
The studio is already very big... Wonder if they'll merge with Bungie in the future but apparently they're developing their own game.

I googled what games they made. So far none publicly told. The company just got up and running and even raised venture capital money in 2021. In 2021, they already signed a publishing deal with Sony. So these two companies have been joined at the hip right at formation.
This seems like another Haven Studios, where the developer was already working on a Sony funded game, and Sony just decided to buy them outright. Sony almost certainly already owned the IP of the game they were working on so I guess this is more of a talent acquisition thing.

Varteras

Gold Member
Oh wow. I remember all the speculation around this studio because we weren't sure what their relationship was with Probably Monsters. These are former Bungie devs, if I recall correctly. At least the ones who started the studio. I have a feeling that most studios Sony has a partnership with are going to be bought.

Last edited:

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
Are Sony going to be publishing 5 live service fps games in the next 2-3 years?
According to Sony's slide last year, I think they had 10 GAAS in development. And pretty sure that excluded Bungie because they werent even bought yet. Out of that 10, it's logical MLB, Factions and GT are GAAS.

So that leaves 7 unknown GAAS games.

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
Oh wow. I remember all the speculation around this studio because we weren't sure what their relationship was with Probably Monsters. These are former Bungie devs, if I recall correctly. At least the ones who started the studio. I have a feeling that most studios Sony has a partnership with are going to be bought.

imagine if they merged this ex-bungie studio with bungie.

Top Bottom