• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation CEO Jim Ryan Discusses Metaverse, Possible Further Acquisitions, Live Services Expansion, & More

Men_in_Boxes

Snake Oil Salesman
Me when reading title of thread bump:
omg-shocked.gif

Me when reading the thread bump conversation:
disappointed-hercules.gif

GymWolf

"If Sony is successful in making a portion of the 12 live services games expected to be active by March 2026 enjoy critical and commercial success, the impact will be “completely transformational” to the company’s business structure."

Bruce Willis Wtf GIF
I'm about to vomit...

Dark times ahead folks...

Sosokrates

Report me if I continue to console war
Its interesting what he said about the “virtuous cycle” that he said they are in. It pretty much shows the differences between sony and Microsoft. Microsoft can make this type of investment, but Sony are not in the position too or are not willing to.

This might come into to play depending on how much these subscription services expand. I dont think the majority of people will not want to have 2 gaming subscriptions.
Most people simply dont have the time.

mckmas8808

Banned
Its interesting what he said about the “virtuous cycle” that he said they are in. It pretty much shows the differences between sony and Microsoft. Microsoft can make this type of investment, but Sony are not in the position too or are not willing to.

This might come into to play depending on how much these subscription services expand. I dont think the majority of people will not want to have 2 gaming subscriptions.
Most people simply dont have the time.

To be fair, I don't think most people actually have 2 of these consoles either.

yurinka

You don't seem to understand the concept of free speech. Just because you get to say some hateful shit, doesn't mean I can't have you arrested for doing so.

That way, ideas can compete and the best one (imprisonment) wins.
I perfectly understand the concept of free spech, and has nothing to do with Jim's mail. He only asked for common sense to their employees: to respect each other and chill, and to don't fight for politics and religion stuff (and indirectly, to let their customers alone in terms of politics and religion, as it should be). Nothing to do with freedom of speech.

In any case, retarded people who thinks their own ideas are the only valid ones and that everybody in their company must share them, and that the company must make activism about them are the ones who don't understand some very important concepts. From team work to be respectful with other cultures, politics and religions, to freedom, to democracy, etc. and to don't be dumb and lose fans who share certain views by linking the company to some political, ideology and religion views. Multicultural global ompanies must stay away from politics and religion.

Last edited:
Top Bottom