• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation has 2 unannounced live service games coming by March 2023

kyliethicc

At Jimbo Ryan’s Sony IR Day presentation he showed this slide on their projected 1st party service games by year. Then in the Q&A, Jimmy Sony said that Bungie is not included in this. And that the other 2 games coming this FY are unannounced (besides MLB.) They consider MLB The Show a service game btw. (And they even say that by 2026 more than 50% of 1st party investment will be for service games.) My bet is the 2 games are Naughty Dog’s The Last of Us online multiplayer game and Helldivers 2 from Arrowhead (from the Nvidia GeForce Now leak.)

AAm7xOh.jpg

Any guesses on what these 2 yet to be announced games are?

Last edited:

Perrott

Gold Member
I'm guessing Factions and Helldivers 2, then Firewalk and Guerrilla MP titles plus Twisted Metal during the following FY. The remaining six until April 2026 would have to be all from Haven, Deviation, Firesprite, First Contact, London Studio and Insomniac - as I don't think the figure accounts for any of the stuff coming out of Bungie (as the acquistion has yet to be finalized).

Last edited:

kyliethicc

I'm guessing Factions and Helldivers 2, then Firewalk and Guerrilla MP titles plus Twisted Metal during the following FY.
Probably yeah. Those will be the 6 (with MLB) by March 2024.

I hope to God they're not counting GT7 there.
They’re not.

They have to at this point, since MS bought call of duty.
It’s a shitty old IP few care about. And I don’t see anyone who could make it.

This pretty much confirms that they don't have "just" God of War scheduled for this holiday season and there are also the 20 PSVR2 launch games to talk about.
Imo this suggests that a new showcase is happening sooner rather than later.
PSVR2 is a 2023 launch. Otherwise they would have told investors it’s coming this fall.

Last edited:

kyliethicc

It's factions and MLb the show 23. It launches in March every year, no?
April. They have 3 slated for April 2022 to March 2023.

The 1 we know of the 3 is MLB The Show 22, out last month to start the FY.

Jimbo said the other 2 are unannounced and will be on PC.

Seems it’s TLOU and probably Helldivers 2. (Helldivers was their 1st ever PC game back in 2015.)

Last edited:

yurinka

monetization and live service games , that is the key to success and growth , frikkin 12 live service SIE games by 2025 is a lot
They said that in addition to increase their investment on GaaS games, they will also increase their investment on traditional games. And that half of their FY2025 games will be new IPs.

Last edited:

Represent.

Represent(ative) of bad opinions
Im so sick of all the damn secrecy in this industry. I bought your console, tell me what the fuck I have to look forward to

Well as long as they don't forget about us single player gamers, I'm fine with them diving into live service games. 10 by 2024 does seem like awful lot though doesn't it?

Last edited:

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
Like a lot of you, I'll go with Factions as one of them.... but isnt Factions already announced? I forget.

The second game I'll say is a mobile game. They did say in fiscal 2022 and there is a green sliver representing mobile. Who knows. It can be anything from a new mobile IP to a Factions or The Show special mobile version. I'll say it's some quirky game aimed at the mobile crowd like another Grand Order Fate game or similar.

w3TuYzt.jpg

kyliethicc

It kinda is. Naughty dog already let us know they're making the multiplayer portion separate from last of us 2. So we officially know it's coming.

Nah. They’ve never announced a title, or platforms, release, details, or shown any art. They’ve never even actually announced it’s even a TLOU IP multiplayer game when they mention they’re hiring and making a multiplayer game. Even tho we all know it is. ND simply promised we’d someday get to experience their “online ambition“ but not via TLOU2. Which is so vague it could literally be anything online multiplayer.

However, you will eventually experience the fruits of our team's online ambition, but not as part of The Last of Us Part Il.
When and where it will be realized is still to be determined.

kyliethicc

Asked by an analyst if the two additional titles were announced or included a Destiny release from Bungie, the studio it’s set to acquire, Ryan said: “Destiny is not included in the three games slated for FY22. The two others are yet to be announced.”

During the briefing, Ryan said Sony considered live service titles to be “games with no end”. Sony plans to have released 12 such titles by its 2025 fiscal year, a slide shown during the briefing indicated, with three arriving in FY23, four in FY24 and two more in FY25.

Last edited:
Top Bottom