• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation is giving top Stars members ‘priority’ in customer support

Godot25

Banned
PlayStation Stars, which is coming to the west later in October, lets players earn rewards by completing a variety of campaigns and activities.

The program also has a four-tier level system, in which all players start at Level 1 and can work their way up to Level 4 by buying games and earning trophies.

However, some users are upset that the Level 4 tier, which is unlocked after buying four full-price games from the PlayStation Store and earning 128 rare trophies, rewards players with improved customer service.

According to Sony, the Level 4 tier perks include a commemorative collectible, and a promise that “when contacting PlayStation Customer Support, you will be given priority in the chat order”.

https://www.videogameschronicle.com...p-stars-members-priority-in-customer-support/

AV

We ain't outta here in ten minutes, we won't need no rocket to fly through space
Protip: Sony didn't invent this. If you're in a system for a long time, you will more than likely get better customer service because you're more valuable to the company than someone who spent $5 and wants it back.

Senua

Protip: Sony didn't invent this. If you're in a system for a long time, you will more than likely get better customer service because you're more valuable to the company than someone who spent $5 and wants it back.
VDTTOd6.png

Haggard

Banned
Not new, but this crap usually stays internal for very good reasons......
You have to be a special kind of stupid to openly communicate this to everyone, including new potential customers, and even think it`s advertisement......

"Hey you! Yes you mr. potential new customer!....fuck you!"

Last edited:

AV

We ain't outta here in ten minutes, we won't need no rocket to fly through space
So you're basically saying we should be fine with it, other companies do it?

I'm saying lamenting it just because they made the... "interesting" decision to publicise it is a waste of time and energy. Better threads to follow, but that's just my advice, carry on as you will.

ANIMAL1975

So you're basically saying we should be fine with it, other companies do it?
So a guy i never saw before comes to my store with a stupid screw in his hand, asks where they are in the store, and wants me to go with him to find the fucking thing for him, and in the middle of the store there is a regular customer that wants to buy a professional screwdriver and need my help to choose one... Oh my, who I'm i going to prioritize

Topher

Gold Member
So a guy i never saw before comes to my store with a stupid screw in his hand, asks where they are in the store, and wants me to go with him to find the fucking thing for him, and in the middle of the store there is a regular customer that wants to buy a professional screwdriver and need my help to choose one... Oh my, who I'm i going to prioritize

The guy who got there first.

Zok310

Banned
Typical high end customer experience approach for the most loyal guest/players.
Sony trying to elevate their PS business pass the caveman, hive mind players out there and i welcome it. Basically people need to grow up.
so happy i bought an xbox today...fuck sony and i cant wait to get rid of my ps5 and play all their games on PC in the future
Perfect example of a non loyal customer that will forever be at the bottom of the barrel.

T0kenAussie

Neo Member
Does Australia qualify for premium membership? Still can’t get psnow so I assume we aren’t going to be given the all stars treatment

(Also digital pricing is like 125aud a game so ima pass on this regardless)

MikeM

Unfortunately, this has become industry standard. This should be regulated out.

Queue the “keep government out of business” peeps.

You're supposed to realize that you need to hire employees if you can't timely address both of them. They're both customers.

Honestly, you want NEW customers. You don't want to make their experience poor on purpose.

Last edited:

Kokoloko85

And I shall :messenger_sunglasses:

This stuff is pure comedy gold though. How far the mighty have fallen. The only thing that truly saddens me here is the fact we'll never get peak Ps1/Ps2 levels of Sony back, all we're left with is this fucked shell of it's former self.

Since 2020 Playstation got.. TLOU2, Ghost of Tsushima, Nioh 2, Final Fantasy 7RE, Dreams, Demons Souls, Spiderman MM, Ratchet & Clank, Returnal, Horizon 2, GT7, TLOURemake And God of War Ragnarok coming.

If this is the fucked former shell, then Im good lol. They are releasing great games and consoles and the direct “competition” hasn’t exactly been releasing games like Playstation. Or even close.
Playstation can do alot better when it comes to showing more stuff and using their money wisely, but compared to the competition when it comes to games….

Last edited:

TheBreezyBB

I worked in customer service for sometime and i can say with certainty, its better this way.
I can't say how many times i had to deal with new customers who felt they were entitled to free stuff just because something didnt work for 5 minutes and they wanted a full month and they start screaming if you tell them not possible.

Kokoloko85

Next time I talk with Sony support will be my first time, but this is still a stupid thing to do. No one is going to buy more games just so they can have priority chat support. From a PR perspective, this is just more Jim Ryan stupidity.

Im not saying its smart but really makes no difference to me or probably anyone. Its not like the normal customer service is gonna ignore you more than before.

PR with playstation has been retarded for a good 3-4 years when it comes to PR. The year the showed 4 known games during E3 and after it was over. Plus its the first time we know no other dates for a 1st party game after God of War Ragnarok. They need to completely change, I dont care if they have won awards over PR, there PR vision/teams suck

Last edited:
Top Bottom