• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Playstation only owners speak up, will you be buying an Xbox or a Going PC now

Playstation only gamers answer, will you be buying an Xbox or Gaming PC now after today's news

• Yes I will buy an Xbox but will keep my PlayStation

Votes: 26 17.0%
  • Yes I will buy an Xbox and sell my PlayStation

Votes: 18 11.8%
  • Yes I will buy a Gaming PC but will keep my PlayStation

Votes: 26 17.0%
  • Yes I Will buy a Gaming PC and sell my PlayStation

Votes: 4 2.6%
  • No I will not purchase an Xbox or a Gaming PC, I will still stick to PlayStation only

Votes: 79 51.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

KAL2006

Banned
Edit: I don't know how to change thread title I meant to say Gaming PC not Going PC, could a mod fix this?

I think we finally need a poll after today's big news.

As for me I am currently as Switch/PS5 owner. I'm not into Gamepass at all and even if I were to purchase an Xbox I still wouldn't get Gamepass as it doesn't fit my lifestyle.

Around the end of the 360 generation it was very easy to ignore Microsoft exclusives for me. There were games I didn't mind trying out and would have bought if they were on PlayStation, but nothing was as must have. So it was quite easy for me to just stick to PS4. I am not really into shooters like Halo and Gears. Then came the Bethesda acquisition. While it was a big blow losing Elder Scrolls, not getting Starfield and some decent games from Arcane I still could live without these games. Then here comes today's news and there are a few games that are must haves for me, like I said I'm not a massive gamer who needs stuff like Gamepass and I play a handful of games. Diablo is a franchise that's part of that handful that I cannot miss out on and in combination of all the other MS exclusives now Xbox cannot be ignored for me personally. And who knows what else Microsoft will purchase in the future.

So this leaves me going for a Gaming PC for that poll choice while keeping my PS5. Why do I need to keep my PS5 because I just cannot give up the quality Sony first party exclusives, and I love the simplicity of console gaming, the instant SSD load times, decent remote play. However I cannot justify having 2 consoles and pay for 2 online subs to play online. This has lead me to go for PC as not only would I have access to the Xbox exclusives, there would be other unique things that I cannot get on a console such as emulation, PC only games, strategy games, mods and etc. Of course the PC gaming landscape is a mess, I wouldn't buy into PC gaming anytime soon, it will be around the time when the fruits of Microsofts acquisitions come into full affect. Most likely for me it is whenever Diablo 4 comes out.

Last edited:
Yesterday we hated Activision and Call of Duty. Today we're burning our PlayStation consoles because, without Activision, they're worthless.

I'll be sticking with my PS5/Series X and Switch. If I didn't already own all the consoles, this news would have changed nothing.

Last edited:

RoadHazard

Gold Member
I will probably buy an Xbox. But not because of this, I don't give a shit about COD or anything else ActiBlizz makes (except maybe Diablo). TESVI (or perhaps Starfield) will probably be when I'll have to get one.

I still haven’t seen a compelling reason to buy an Xbox at all

Bethesda and Activision have never been the types of games I enjoy.

I’m more interested to see how other projects turn out like Avowed or PD

But Microsoft is actually moving in the opposite of what I care about - heavily into subs and GaaS focus on everything

Represent.

Represent(ative) of bad opinions
As long as Naughty Dog is a PlayStation studio I will have a PlayStation.

Might buy an xbox if they drop some quality new IPs.

How is already have a gaming pc and have a PS5 not a option.

Anyways this doesnt move a needle for me. If it wasn’t for Playstation Exclusives I wouldnt be playing games. Sony just need to double down on them.

Hell pour more money into Naughtydog, Insomniac, Santa Monica.. etc. Best way to combat COD, make Spiderman a yearly release.

KAL2006

Banned
Yesterday we hated Activision and Call of Duty. Today we're burning our PlayStation consoles because, without Activision, they're worthless.

I'll be sticking with my PS5/Series X and Switch. If I didn't already own all the consoles, this news would have changed nothing.

People always mention COD, it doesn't have to be COD. For me personally it's Diablo. Also perhaps for many it's not just one game but a bunch of games. So it could be a combination of Elder Scrolls, Starfield, Diablo, COD that's convinced them to consider Xbox and COD alone wouldn't be enough.

magnumpy

I have always owned a PC. I have a PS4 but still don't have a PS5 due to the stock shortage or whatever. one day :messenger_neutral:

KAL2006

Banned
How is already have a gaming pc and have a PS5 not a option.

Anyways this doesnt move a needle for me. If it wasn’t for Playstation Exclusives I wouldnt be playing games. Sony just need to double down on them.

Hell pour more money into Naughtydog, Insomniac, Santa Monica.. etc. Best way to combat COD, make Spiderman a yearly release.

This question and thread is for PlayStation owners only or PlayStation/Switch owners, someone who already owns a gaming PC is unaffected by this news.

[Sigma]

Bugs-Bunny-no.png

I care less about this than even the Bethesda deal.

JLB

Banned
I still haven’t seen a compelling reason to buy an Xbox at all

Bethesda and Activision have never been the types of games I enjoy.

I’m more interested to see how other projects turn out like Avowed or PD

But Microsoft is actually moving in the opposite of what I care about - heavily into subs and GaaS focus on everything

You are delusional if you think Sony is not moving heavy on that direction too.

Zok310

Banned
not for call of duty. gta maybe, but i really wont pick up a console for 1 game.
i want gt, s-m, uncharted, r&c, gow, got, fc, ac, ghost recon gta, thats what i play. when those game go exclusive to ms maybe then i would consider investing in xbox/ms. its been 20 years since i owned anything ms produced, this wont get me to spend money on their product it might have deterred me even further away from them.

Last edited:

Inviusx

If D4 becomes exclusive ill buy an Xbox. The rest of their catalogue is irrelevant to me. Fortunately D4 won't be out for another 2 years so plenty of time for stock to return to normal.

I can tell you guys first hand that streaming on Xcloud is pretty decent with a hard-wired internet connection. Obviously I wouldn't play twitch shooters, platformers, or fighting games over a stream, but Halo Infinite plays just fine. A buddy of mine plays Sea of Thieves with me on his One S over Xcloud with the Series X graphics, and he says he can't tell the difference in that style of game.

Seriously guys, a cheap X1S, and a GPU sub gets you everything. Or hell, play it over a cheap laptop. If the damned thing can play YouTube it can stream Series X games.

MrA

Banned
If you don't care about call of duty or blizzard stuff, losing Activision changes fairly little , pretty sure sony and PlayStation on a whole will be just fine
though I wouldn't be surprised if cod does go xbox exclusive that sony will struggle to reach 100 million with the ps5 (between Bethesda and Activision, I wager ms will move maybe 15 -20 million people into their side)

The lifeless body of my clean PS4 Pro still sits on my living room tv cabinet so I consider myself a PS owner.

No I will not be buying another Xbox. I already have a very decent gaming PC so Xbox has me covered there.

I will be buying a PS5 in future when all the scalpers are in prison and supply for these consoles are no longer an issue.

rolandss

For me this wasn't the straw that broke the camel's back. I'm an occasional Call of Duty player and the last title I bought was Modern Warfare, which I really enjoyed in its launch period and few months following. But CoD is like once every 2-3 years with me me and the way the series is going it's less and less appealing. I'd planned to get a Series S to sit alongside my PS5 after the Bethesda announcement, cos I like immersive RPGs and the Fallout and Elder Scrolls series are great for that. Plus I really like what I'm hearing about Starfield.

Hunnybun

I will probably buy a Series X in the next year or so, but honestly it has nothing to do with this news. It would be for GP in general.

The truth is, even after all these acquisitions, there's still hardly anything that MS have bought up that I'm actually interested in.

I don't like WRPGs like Fallout or whatever this Avowed game will be. I haven't bought a COD game in over 10 years. I've never bought any Blizzard game, ever, and probably never will. None of the B and C tier studios they bought earlier on did much for me tbh.

The one game I'd definitely miss is a new Doom.

People think these aqusitions are instant changes to the industry. I can almost bed my nutsack that nothing will change, however for the next xbox launch, then MS can totally dominate and come out with only on xbox, only on xbox, only on xbox etc. Right now so many games are in the pipeline to come out that it would alienate gamers if they just disappeared off a platform all of a sudden. But next gen...oh boy, its gonna be crazy :D

right now i have a PC and PS4.

have no reason to buy a PS5. only game i might want to play is Horizon Forbidden West which is coming to PS4. i'll keep my PS4 to replay Bloodborne + Persona 5. None of Sonys other exclusives interest me so the only reason I can see myself buying a PS5 is if future From Software or Persona games are exclusive to it.

I don't intend to upgrade my PC so when it's struggling I will buy an Xbox and that will be my main platform.

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.
I can't answer because I do not know what the future holds, but based on today's news?
No.
I've literally only own Call of Duty from Activision in the last 10 years.
Oh and the Tony Hawk Remaster 🤔

Doom85

Overwatch 2 will still be coming to Playstation so I’m good for now. Only other Blizzard title I’ve ever played is Warcraft 3.

As for the rest, eh we’ll see. I do believe Spencer and co. are trying to push their gaming content further, but things don’t always work out (just look at Rare under their wing). I mean, I LOL at seeing people showing Spyro and Crash in their line up when Toys for Bob is already dead (like maybe Microsoft will revive them, but I’m not holding my breath). And I just couldn’t get into Fallout or Elder Scrolls for that matter. I dunno, it seems like until this point Xbox just still feels to me the Halo/Gears/Forza machine, the first of which I lost interest in well over a decade ago and the other two I never had interest in. Like they’ll have the occasional odd other game (of varying quality) out but it seems to not stand out to me.

I’ll probably stick with Switch and then a PS5 when I’m able to get one. I feel even if Xbox truly does go all in with the franchises they now have it won’t really make a difference to me until either late in this gen or next gen. So chances are I might buy the next Xbox system but not this one. Nintendo and Sony both have too many strong IPs for me to stop following them for the foreseeable future.

KAL2006

Banned
People think these aqusitions are instant changes to the industry. I can almost bed my nutsack that nothing will change, however for the next xbox launch, then MS can totally dominate and come out with only on xbox, only on xbox, only on xbox etc. Right now so many games are in the pipeline to come out that it would alienate gamers if they just disappeared off a platform all of a sudden. But next gen...oh boy, its gonna be crazy :D

Cool I had no idea Starfield is releasing on PS5, and the next Elder Scrolls, Doom, etc will be on PS5. Microsoft will just wait and give Sony a chance until the next generation

I remember way back before the release of the Xbone I used to post on AVS Forum (Not banned I swear). Anyway.
After the annuoncments about mandatory online and the 'ad' where playstation could share games.
A large exodus of xbox players sent their new user names to join the AVS forum playstation group. I got tons of people in my friends list that day. But Playstation was never known for online play so never really got with many of them beyond Destiny.
I would not be surprised to see large groups doing the exodus thing twords xbox this gen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom