• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Playstation only owners speak up, will you be buying an Xbox or a Going PC now

Playstation only gamers answer, will you be buying an Xbox or Gaming PC now after today's news

• Yes I will buy an Xbox but will keep my PlayStation

Votes: 26 17.0%
  • Yes I will buy an Xbox and sell my PlayStation

Votes: 18 11.8%
  • Yes I will buy a Gaming PC but will keep my PlayStation

Votes: 26 17.0%
  • Yes I Will buy a Gaming PC and sell my PlayStation

Votes: 4 2.6%
  • No I will not purchase an Xbox or a Gaming PC, I will still stick to PlayStation only

Votes: 79 51.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Larlight

Nah, I already don't have time to play games as it is. Buying more systems won't do me good. Even if MS buys everything up, I'm curious to see how Sony will react. Maybe they will go on a crazy smaller acquisition spree or create brand new studios altogether.

DenchDeckard

Moderated wildly
You can’t ask this question now. You need to give it a year to see how it pans out, to let it sink in with consumers and give the time to make their own decision. It’s not an overnight thing. Probs going to be a few years before we see any of this pan out.

tommib

Selling my S out of spite today.
Parks And Recreation Mic Drop GIF

Malcolm9

Apart from Diablo there isn't any reason this acquisition makes any difference to my gaming needs. I'm really not a fan of COD these days, I've tried getting into the last few but I dropped them very quickly.

Last edited:

Orpheum

It depends on the output in the next few years. The only franchise i'm still interested in in regards to Activision is Diablo. However a Series S isn't that expensive so i might buy one more sooner than later.

Of course i'll keep my PS5. Sony's output from first party studios is what will keep me around.

I was planning on getting a switch too as soon as Hollow Knight silksong drops but who the fuck knows when that'll be. Then i'd have the holy trinity at home lol

SSfox

Those purchasing are making MS less and less appealing and respectable to me. Those who just keep spending billions in acquisitions to monopole a market in the hope to get success aren't my thing. I'm more supportive for creativity and those who owns their success like Sony and Nintendo.

Last edited:

Ozriel

M$FT
I have decent Laptop( 5900hx + 3080 ) to play games but i have hardly used it. So PC is a no go for me.

Maybe Xbox in 2-3 years time when all these exclusives start to drop. But then again i will buy 3 months of gamepass, play everything and then abadon it for some time. Unless they bring single player AAA game of PS studio quality, Microsoft will always be 2nd choice.

Its not about loyalty and i can afford both but i have a soft spot for Sony because of their technology background ( me being an engineer). Microsoft always seemed like a douchebag company with monopolistic behaviour. So i will play games which i like, but would definitely pay as little as possible to Microsoft. With Gamepass they have a method for me to do so.

You’ll buy a flagship console, subscribe for a few months of Gamepass and burn yourself out rushing through big exclusives in a short amount of time just to spite Microsoft?
I know everyone is being emotional right now, but this seems really weird.

Considering I don't play CoD, WoW, Fallout, or TES to begin with, I'm wondering why everyone is running around like they're on fire. To me, it's just Wednesday.

Nah. You're not really wondering why there's so much furore over this news. Not when it comes to the highest selling annual title on console.

I have already long since prepared for the ps5 to be my last playstation console. I will surely get newer models of it but no ps6. I knew it would be the case for some reason ; ps games going to pc, or ps6 to ship with no disc drive, or both.

Frankly i’m ready to be Pc plus nintendo only… my physical games collection is just nuts already. I need to start archiving them.

Last edited:

Snake29

RSI Employee of the Year
I already have a gaming pc, and i have never been interested in any of AB franchises, other the 3 CoD’s i’ve played on PS consoles. Last one was Cold War after several years. Imo Bethesda has far more interesting IP’s for much less money.

I would love a new Wolfenstein on PC. I don’t care about ESO or Fallout.

Soosa

Banned
I already bought series x last december as they became available on local store.

But assuming I would not yet have it, would I get one because of activision deal? NO.

I dont play their games, or do it rarely, so I would not care.

When they got Bethesda, while I play some of their games, I would not be "blackmailed" to buy a console because of it.

It is fine to have exclusives and own studios, but this MS strategy of bying big publishers could lead into less diversity on gaming.

But, as I now own SXS + got 3 years of gamepass ultimate for 94€, I guess I dont have anything to lose at the moment.

Selling one console to get another feels alien to me, I have been poor student and unemployed for decades before I got my current job, yet I would have never sold one system to get another.

Losing hundreds of playstation games (ps+ since 2013 + big physical library) would not be worth it.

And I am only gamer I know that owns xbox, so I could not game on PS5 with friends anyway.

Would I buy gaming PC? never, they are fucking expensive and I dont have the room for one + good laptop + series x already does 90% of desktops can do.

I got my series x because I wanted to fly around in flight simulator, but it is nice to own as there have been many interesting games above it

Last edited:

ANIMAL1975

Edit: I don't know how to change thread title I meant to say Gaming PC not Going PC, could a mod fix this?

I think we finally need a poll after today's big news.

As for me I am currently as Switch/PS5 owner. I'm not into Gamepass at all and even if I were to purchase an Xbox I still wouldn't get Gamepass as it doesn't fit my lifestyle.

Around the end of the 360 generation it was very easy to ignore Microsoft exclusives for me. There were games I didn't mind trying out and would have bought if they were on PlayStation, but nothing was as must have. So it was quite easy for me to just stick to PS4. I am not really into shooters like Halo and Gears. Then came the Bethesda acquisition. While it was a big blow losing Elder Scrolls, not getting Starfield and some decent games from Arcane I still could live without these games. Then here comes today's news and there are a few games that are must haves for me, like I said I'm not a massive gamer who needs stuff like Gamepass and I play a handful of games. Diablo is a franchise that's part of that handful that I cannot miss out on and in combination of all the other MS exclusives now Xbox cannot be ignored for me personally. And who knows what else Microsoft will purchase in the future.

So this leaves me going for a Gaming PC for that poll choice while keeping my PS5. Why do I need to keep my PS5 because I just cannot give up the quality Sony first party exclusives, and I love the simplicity of console gaming, the instant SSD load times, decent remote play. However I cannot justify having 2 consoles and pay for 2 online subs to play online. This has lead me to go for PC as not only would I have access to the Xbox exclusives, there would be other unique things that I cannot get on a console such as emulation, PC only games, strategy games, mods and etc. Of course the PC gaming landscape is a mess, I wouldn't buy into PC gaming anytime soon, it will be around the time when the fruits of Microsofts acquisitions come into full affect. Most likely for me it is whenever Diablo 4 comes out.
This doesn't change nothing for me, unfortunately still can't afford to buy/have both systems. Maybe upgrade my sons laptop pc down the road, but that's an old objective already.

Edit: to clarify, if i could i would have always have both, never been a pc player, this doesn't change that only enforce it.

Last edited:

ZoukGalaxy

LOL, no ?
Big Mouth Lol GIF by MOODMAN

Nothing changed, that's just an info.

Will buy a Xbox at the end of the generation at low cost because absolutely zero games is going to make buy one right one.
I hate gamepass (I prefer to own things, renting is loosing money).
It's not about quantity, it's about quality, Microsoft is lost since Xbox 360 and Phil is not your buddy, it's a corporate guy without tie.
I'm more afraid of Microsoft then anything else in the light of all these events, they could kill gaming and innovation, and their lack of vision about VR make me shit on them.

Also, have already every others platforms.

Last edited:

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
Well I find that pretty odd personally.
I guess I have “odd” taste in games because I just can’t stand any of their titles, Sekiro is the only game from Activision I ever liked and they didn’t even made it, they just published it.

pratyush

You’ll buy a flagship console, subscribe for a few months of Gamepass and burn yourself out rushing through big exclusives in a short amount of time just to spite Microsoft?
I know everyone is being emotional right now, but this seems really weird.
I will buy Xbox because i cant game on PC or laptop anymore. I was anyway planning to buy one later in this generation when these thing become more available.

Not sure about your burn point. I have gamepass code and i havent used it yet because it doesn’t interest me at the moment. Waiting for Starfield and then i will use it. So basically i will subscribe when i want to play the game i want and that’s about it. Kind of like i use Netflix. I pay for maybe 1-2 month in a year

Consciously sold my Gaming PC keeping all three consoles close to me. Feels good. I let the Crypto fad go away before I even consider getting into PC Gaming again.

reinking

Gold Member
I am not PS exclusive but it is way too early for anyone to answer this. We still haven't seen the big 'exclusive' titles from the last XB acquisition.

ethomaz

Banned
PS only.

Not interested in PC or multiple devices that are not portable that can complement a console library.

The only I can see buying is the Switch to complement my PS5 but I should wait a next-gen Nintendo portable system.

Last edited:

STARSBarry

Gold Member
Actually already picked up a Xbox Series X before Christmas, because why not?

I had been enjoying gamepass for awhile on PC and this was a no hassle solution to letting me play all those titles downstairs on my TV with my feet up.

I still use my PlayStation 5 alot, and I think if I have to buy a game it will be on that platform, however gamepass is a really good value propersition, microsofts acquisitions only sweeten that.

Last edited:

iHaunter

Maybe if they bought SQENIX, From Soft, or Capcom. All the companies they bought so far have been on an enormous down-trend. Even Bethesda. Only game from any of their studios I'm interested in currently is Starfield.

Blood Borne

Perhaps only staunch COD fanatics will consider PC/Xbox when it becomes an exclusive in future, other than that, I don’t see why a PlayStation owner would consider switching.

ByWatterson

Just bought one last night. Big COD fan, and while that won't be there for a while, it just shows me how committed Xbox is to this vision of variety and value. Undeniable, so I jumped.

ethomaz

Banned
Honestly any console-only owner should have long term plans to own a gaming PC. Literally the best way to play (in my humble opinion).
But it is not a console.
There are key differences why consoles only owner don’t plan anything related to PC.

Last edited:

REDRZA MWS

This why I’m glad I’m a gamer and not some weird fanboy. I own all platforms so whatever I want to play, wherever I want to play it, I’m covered.

Fbh

Yes, though not because of Activision (Bethesda is much bigger deal for my taste).
But I'm still on Ps4 and I'll prioritize getting a Ps5 first as Sony still has the better offering of Japanese games.

Honestly any console-only owner should have long term plans to own a gaming PC. Literally the best way to play (in my humble opinion).

If prices every go back to normal, sure.

Right now it's hard to justify when, at lest in my country, I can get a Ps5 and a Series X for less than a mid tier GPU

tommib

Can I say that I don’t think this is true? Is that allowed? A lot of people don’t want to handle an RGB fish tank and driver issues and unaffordable GPUs and crashes and Windows bloat and incompatibilities and settings optimisation windows and.

Last edited:

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
Already have a PC. If MS is serious they would remove Gamepass from PC and make CoD, Halo and Starfield Xbox exclusive.

Giving steam a 30% cut on cod and skyrim is ridiculous. The whole point is to get people in your eco system so they can get a 30% cut on everything themselves.

Last edited:

REDRZA MWS

Can I say that I don’t think this is true? Is that allowed? A lot of people don’t want to handle an RGB fish tank and driver issues and unaffordable GPUs and crashes and Windows bloat and incompatibilities and settings optimisation windows and.
It’s actually much better nowadays than you make it. My issue is todays games, many of them, don’t seem to be optimized for PC, making t the console versions, especially the new consoles, look either the same as PC or even better.

tommib

It’s actually much better nowadays than you make it. My issue is todays games, many of them, don’t seem to be optimized for PC, making t the console versions, especially the new consoles, look either the same as PC or even better.
I do hope it’s better. I was a PC gamer until Bioshock came out and gave me so many headaches to run properly that I was totally done. I’ve played some games here and there after but always with Vietnam flashbacks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom