• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation plans 3 Spartacus tiers for as much as $16 per month (GamesBeat)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Valonquar

Are they really charging Amazon Prime money just so I can play games online? IDGAF about 95% of the monthly games they've doled out, and for sure don't care about streaming a game from 20 years ago.

Just_one

For the whole package the maximum im paying is around 90€/yearly and im only going that way if they offer trophy support for older titles on PS1/PS2

If not i´ll probably buy the PS+ and PSNow tier

Last edited:
It’ll probably be $59.99, $79.99 and $99.99.
Yeah. The basic PSPlus will remain the same, the PS Now catalog (hopefully something else) is a bit extra and the full package will be $99.

One thing i'm not sure how they will handle is...i have PSPlus and PSNow until November / December. Part of the "old" PSNow plan, included streaming which now will be part of the best plan. They can't give me just the mid plan which doesn't include streaming. I paid for streaming for another year...they will have to give everyone that has PSPlus + PSNow the best plan they have since some stuff from Now will be on their best plan, right?

I'm not sure how things work in the USA, but if they remove stuff to people that paid 1 year of PSNow, lawsuits will rain for them at some EU countries.

Curious how they will do this.

twilo99

let's see..

"Subscription models are unsustainable."
"Subscription models are bad for the gaming industry."
"Subscription models are anti-competitive."
"Subscription models are bad for developers."
"Subscription models are evil"
"Sony doesn't need to compete with gamepass because gamepass is stupid"

Did I miss anything?
16 dollar for the highest tier is fine, i just wanna know what spartacus can offer.

Much more than gamepass of course.

rolandss

If the streaming tech is decent and works on mobile devices, I’m gonna try it. I want a steam deck but there’s no announcement on arriving here (Australia) anytime soon, and it seems like scalpers will make them rare.

rolandss

Yeah. The basic PSPlus will remain the same, the PS Now catalog (hopefully something else) is a bit extra and the full package will be $99.

One thing i'm not sure how they will handle is...i have PSPlus and PSNow until November / December. Part of the "old" PSNow plan, included streaming which now will be part of the best plan. They can't give me just the mid plan which doesn't include streaming. I paid for streaming for another year...they will have to give everyone that has PSPlus + PSNow the best plan they have since some stuff from Now will be on their best plan, right?

I'm not sure how things work in the USA, but if they remove stuff to people that paid 1 year of PSNow, lawsuits will rain for them at some EU countries.

Curious how they will do this.
I doubt they’ll remove anything. You’ll just have the option to switch over when your current sub ends, that’s generally how these things are handled.

RoadHazard

Gold Member
I see no reason to even consider the premium tier. Don't really care about playing "classics" (too many new games to play), and fuck streaming.

Leyasu

Banned
Gotta be honest, non of those are even remotely compelling.

16 for the top tier if true seems like they are aiming to milk their mindless fanboys for every penny.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom