• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation players are buying Diablo 4 currency to bypass an invalid license error

No one else was getting license errors but Playstation and buying currency through PSN triggered the license renewal so I guess technically me saying its on Sony wasn't true as its on PSN

My point was that it was not on Blizzard
Sony's server architecture isn't a secret for devs. It may be happening on Sony's end, but it is probably because blizz didn't write their software correctly. They had time to test things and ensure that issues like this wouldn't happen.

Likely it is something akin to writing an address on a letter incorrectly and blaming the postal service when the letter is returned to sender.

Last edited:

Vlodril

It is not a new thing. I had the same issue with midnight suns and hogwarts. A friend said maybe the internet was off but the ps store worked fine for me. I got a warning that they couldn't verify the license and the game would close first in 30 mins then in 15. In the end it kicked me out all three times. Restating the console or verifying the licenses did nothing. I had to wait for the next day and it was fine. Must be some problem on the backend of Sony servers.

ArtHands

Thinks buying more servers can fix a bad patch
It is not a new thing. I had the same issue with midnight suns and hogwarts. A friend said maybe the internet was off but the ps store worked fine for me. I got a warning that they couldn't verify the license and the game would close first in 30 mins then in 15. In the end it kicked me out all three times. Restating the console or verifying the licenses did nothing. I had to wait for the next day and it was fine. Must be some problem on the backend of Sony servers.

What a coincidence. 3 different games having the same issue on the same platform.

Top Bottom