• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation Plus Game Catalog lineup for February: Horizon Forbidden West, The Quarry, Resident Evil 7 Biohazard and more

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.
The Legend of Dragoon......okay, shame that's it.
Still no new PS2 games

Varteras

Gold Member
di5rhtwztqcsflwemz8l.jpg

Seeing games like Horizon and Scarlet Nexus added really makes me glad I resubbed. These are games I was close to picking up, so already feels worth it. Really quality month here.

Also hyped to check out Tekken 7 considering I've been out of the series for so long now.

NickFire

Couldn't care less about premium, but extra is getting much harder to resist again. My backlog doesn't need it, especially with 2 near future purchases planned when a couple bangers hit a sale. But we're only talking $40 a year (above essential) for it right?

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
Couldn't care less about premium, but extra is getting much harder to resist again. My backlog doesn't need it, especially with 2 near future purchases planned when a couple bangers hit a sale. But we're only talking $40 a year (above essential) for it right?
Yes. It was 40% off in December. So i got the upgrade for $25. Ps+ s was 50% off on Black Friday so extra cost me $55 for 11 months.

Last edited:

oji-san

Banned
Nothing for me but great selection of games here, probably won't resub as every game i want i buy as soon as it hits $30, so i don't get to enjoy their offering.

Last edited:

8BiTw0LF

Banned
Outriders is a great co-op lootershooter. If you have friends - play it. Hope this will ignite incentive to release another expansion.

I'll try Forgotten City and maybe Quarry, if I'm too bored with my expanding backlog.

dotnotbot

HFW expansion coming out soon Jimbo is smart.

Might help with selling VRs with Horizon VR as well

Forbidden West underperformed didnt it?

Not necessarily, it's 3 reasons combined why it's profitable for them to put it on the service: should sell more DLCs, might help with VR sales and a big hit like this should convince more people to upgrade to Extra (some people will forever stay on the higher tier once they are convinced to upgrade, even if the upcoming months will be worse)

Last edited:

Agent X

Wow, that's an excellent lineup!

I haven't played Horizon Forbidden West yet, so that's at the top of my list.

It's also good to see they're bringing Tekken 7 back to the service.

Mr.Phoenix

Do Sony games stay on the service indefinitely once they are live?

If so, ill sell my Horizon
Once you claim them, it's tied to your account forever even if it leaves the catalog.

So just claim whatever you want, you don't have to download it.

Just remember that you will need an active sub to pay them though.

I know, almost everything is online these days. So why the outcry over Gamepass I do not know
Gamepass and digital sales are the same thing?

Last edited:
Once you claim them, it's tied to your account forever even if it leaves the catalog.

So just claim whatever you want, you don't have to download it.

Just remember that you will need an active sub to pay them though.

Gamepass and digital sales are the same thing?
What you're describing is how essential works. Extra works similarly to GP. Titles are added and leave the service. Currently no one knows how long 1st party titles stay on there.

Mr.Phoenix

What you're describing is how essential works. Extra works similarly to GP. Titles are added and leave the service. Currently no one knows how long 1st party titles stay on there.
I know the enter and leave the service. But is what you are saying that when they leave the service they also leave your account ee if you had claimed them?

I know the enter and leave the service. But is what you are saying that when they leave the service they also leave your account ee if you had claimed them?
For Extra and Premium they are never tied to your account. If they leave the service or you unsubscribe, they're gone. It's just a digital rental.

The only real question is how long 1st party titles will be tied to the service. No one knows yet. MS keeps them on there always, but Sony may decide to sunset them at some point. No one knows.

Third party titles on GP typically leave after 6-12 months, so it's best to plan out what you're playing to take that into account. I'm not sure what the usual estimates are for Extra on 3rd party stuff since it's pretty new still.

Anything you claim on Essential tier works like you described. They're different things.

Last edited:

Varteras

Gold Member
Games come to Extra approx one year out from launch. This is normal.
Yep. And they don't necessarily stay as we've seen before. As others pointed out, FW has an upcoming expansion and a VR title. They're using this as a chance to get more optics on Horizon from people who haven't bought into it yet and try to entice them to drop cash to explore more if they like it.

Last edited:
Top Bottom