• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation Plus Game Catalog lineup for February: Horizon Forbidden West, The Quarry, Resident Evil 7 Biohazard and more

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
Sale officially cannibalized.
that is true stephen colbert GIF by Obama

Jesb

The Quarry is 🔥. Supermassive's dark picture anthology series' two games Man of Medan and Little Hope are also available on Extra. Great additions this month.
Absolutely love these type of games. Enjoying the dark pictures games too. Little hope wasn’t as good as Man of Medan but still decent. Would be great to have the other two games on PS+

Last edited:

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
Why?
Year 1 - PS+
Year 2 - PC Port
Because PS games have legs and continue to sell after the first year. Horizon was well under 10 million after the first year and ended up at 20 million Lifetime. Same goes for TLOU, GOW and Uncharted 4. Sony had effectively turned their games into Nintendo like must haves that continued to sell as more people entered their eco system.

Sony might not be doing day one release like MS, but this is bound to have the same effect MS experienced with their first party sales. Just at a reduced rate. After decades of topping out at 5-10 million, they finally managed to hit the coveted 20 million mark and they are throwing it all away to chase subs even MS says they've already maxed out on consoles.

You gotta respect Nintendo for staying true to their model. Watch Metroid Prime chart this month when High On Life didnt last month.

If Big games like forbidden west are already coming to extra this soon. I might stop buying Sony games
At the very least, it's kinda illogical to do both. Buy or rent. Personally I think the GP model is better since you don't wait and get to rent it, then I still often find myself buying it most times at a discount later.

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
If Big games like forbidden west are already coming to extra this soon. I might stop buying Sony games
Horizon FW is a one year gap from sub plans. Returnal is less than 2 years for PC.

The gaps are getting smaller and smaller for both. And that doesn't even include their GAAS games which seem like they will be day one PC cross play.

mckmas8808

Banned
Horizon FW is a one year gap from sub plans. Returnal is less than 2 years for PC.

The gaps are getting smaller and smaller for both. And that doesn't even include their GAAS games which seem like they will be day one PC cross play.

Most people that wanted to play Horizon FW that already had a PS5 in 2020, 2021, and 2022 have already bought the game and played it though. Same for Returnal.

I really liked I Am Setsuna and Oninaki from SquareEnix. Sphear wasn't quite as good.

It hurt paying $40 each for those, though. Now, it hurts a bit more.

But, if you're a fan of old-school style JRPGs, these are an easy recommendation.

j0hnnix

wow. damn great feb. Going to jump on Quarry first. I didn't care much for first Horizon, it had its moments, no excuses for me to not play the second one now.

Skifi28

They also just released a time trial of Ragnarok on premium...I hope it's not so good that I will instantly buy it. Way too many expenses this month.

I'm not much of a fan of Jrpgs, but I found Legend of Legaya better than Legend of Dragoon. I think both were Sony published iirc.

Last edited:

scydrex

Damn. I brought horizon for $30 in november i think? Oh well still will play Scarlet Nexus. Will wait more for ratchet and sackboy... also gt7.

Crayon

Because PS games have legs and continue to sell after the first year. Horizon was well under 10 million after the first year and ended up at 20 million Lifetime. Same goes for TLOU, GOW and Uncharted 4. Sony had effectively turned their games into Nintendo like must haves that continued to sell as more people entered their eco system.

Sony might not be doing day one release like MS, but this is bound to have the same effect MS experienced with their first party sales. Just at a reduced rate. After decades of topping out at 5-10 million, they finally managed to hit the coveted 20 million mark and they are throwing it all away to chase subs even MS says they've already maxed out on consoles.

You gotta respect Nintendo for staying true to their model. Watch Metroid Prime chart this month when High On Life didnt last month.

They didn't promimse to put every game they make on it at any particular time. They can experiment, take steps forward and back.... play awful mind games lol. Totally different situation than promising every game under your label to be on a sub day one in perpetuity.

Last edited:

graywolf323

Gold Member
Glad I got three-years of extra. Think I'm gonna sell all my physical games. I can wait a year for games
it’s not going to always be a year, we still have other first party games that haven’t come to Extra after even longer than a year, this is clearly just Sony promoting it before the PSVR2 game and the DLC

I’d bet God of War Ragnarok does not come to Extra at the end of this year

Top Bottom