• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation Plus Game Catalog lineup for July: Stray, Final Fantasy VII Remake Intergrade, Marvel’s Avengers

Draugoth

Gold Member
FXjl_a_WQAEX5Pm

Available on July 19

FXjo0M1XEAAyKRH

Last edited:

Belthazar

Amazing refresh for new games but the classics are pretty meh.

I really hope this isn't them sending Stray out to die because it's meh. Was looking forward to a good cat game.

Fall Guys releasing on PS+ made it one hell of a success, not to mention Gamepass day one games being pretty common. Stray is receiving a lot of press, which would probably not happen without this deal (not to mention they must've gotten a lot of money from Sony)

Ezekiel_

Banned
Also available on July 19 are :

Assassin’s Creed Unity | PS4
Assassin’s Creed IV Black Flag | PS4
Assassin’s Creed Rogue Remastered | PS4
Assassin’s Creed Freedom Cry | PS4
Assassin’s Creed: The Ezio Collection | PS4
Saints Row IV: Re-Elected | PS4
Saints Row Gat out of Hell | PS4
Spirit of the North: Enhanced Edition | PS5
Ice Age: Scrat’s Nutty Adventure | PS4
Jumanji The Video Game | PS4
Paw Patrol on a Roll! | PS4
ReadySet Heroes | PS4

Classics Catalog lineup for PlayStation Plus Premium members :

No Heroes Allowed! (PSP)
LocoRoco Midnight Carnival (PSP)

Stray, Final Fantasy VII Remake Intergrade provide good value but damn it if it already feels they'll completely give up on the retro library.

I honestly can't understand how a service this size doesn't have a dedicated team curating a proper library of classics, working on providing better emulation, etc.

These AC games are worthless, anyone could've had them for peanuts at this point.

Last edited:
the classics catalog is baffling because if they did nothing but put sequels to games already on the service it would more than double, probably triple in size. literally nothing but sequels alone.

insane how much potential is there and not being used.

CatLady

Selfishly plays on Xbox Purr-ies X
It's like 2-4 hours long, so probably for the best.
Is that an actual fact or are you speculating? I'm hoping it's longer than that, I'm looking forward to playing it eventually, but that's really, really short.

Stray is carrying the month. It's still good value for the price, but not exactly an exciting line up. I've seen worse though. Avengers was fun for a little bit. Iron Man has some cool sections. Didn't finish it though.

So do they do 1 update monthly around the 19th? What is the schedule?

Last edited:

Isa

Gold Member
Really bummed I can't access RE Director's Cut still even though I bought it years ago. I can still play it on my Vita, but I'm old and like playing on my big screen. No way I'm shelling out 150 space bucks for a single game when the classics list is that bad, good lord man. I thought I'd be the demographic for the higher tiers but I own most everything there apart from Stray, and I'll just buy that normally. Sorry to be a Debbie Downer, I was just hoping for a real showing of support for classics but I was worried it'd be like their PS2 classics support on PS4, and I think my suspicions were right. They have such an amazing catalog I'd drop games right now to play.

Belthazar

Is that an actual fact or are you speculating? I'm hoping it's longer than that, I'm looking forward to playing it eventually, but that's really, really short.
It's pure speculation, the devs already said it's 8 hours long on average. There's a 2 hour Speedrun trophy but that's like saying Uncharted 4 is a 6 hours game because there's a trophy for bearing the game in that timeframe.

Belthazar

Stray is carrying the month. It's still good value for the price, but not exactly an exciting line up. I've seen worse though. Avengers was fun for a little bit. Iron Man has some cool sections. Didn't finish it though.

So do they do 1 update monthly around the 19th? What is the schedule?
It seems the refresh is announced on the second Wednesday of the month and the games become available on the third Tuesday.

mckmas8808

Banned
Stray, Final Fantasy VII Remake Intergrade provide good value but damn it if it already feels they'll completely give up on the retro library.

I honestly can't understand how a service this size doesn't have a dedicated team curating a proper library of classics, working on providing better emulation, etc.

These AC games are worthless, anyone could've had them for peanuts at this point.

It's Jim Ryan and Sony being 100% lazy! They need MS to push them some more. The only bad thing about PS+ nowadays is the Classics library.

skit_data

They need to do better for Premium users, 2 psp games I’m not interested in isn’t good enough.

Edit: Wtf, Dino Crisis only in italy? Wth?!

Last edited:
Well, well, well.

Xbox players talking all that smack about their huge get for GamePass in July. Oh, how they went on and on about how a company as small as Sony couldn't land the big dog like Microsoft.

But, wouldn't you know. PS+ is getting the game too. So, sorry Xbox bros, but PlayStation Plus gamers will also be enjoying PawPatrol at no extra charge!

#BestDealInGaming

It's Jim Ryan and Sony being 100% lazy! They need MS to push them some more. The only bad thing about PS+ nowadays is the Classics library.
Well, maybe something other than MS is needed to be able to push them. Odds are they will just keep doing a terrible job with the classics library and the PS+ Extra will carry them, damb shame.

How is MS work with the original Xbox catalog btw? PC gamepass doesn't have it so I don't know how it's going. Big advantage here for Sony if they had the decency of doing a good job because the PS1/PS2/PSP libraries are extremely rich.

Last edited:
Top Bottom