• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation Plus Game Catalog lineup for July: Stray, Final Fantasy VII Remake Intergrade, Marvel’s Avengers

CatLady

Selfishly plays on Xbox Purr-ies X
It's pure speculation, the devs already said it's 8 hours long on average. There's a 2 hour Speedrun trophy but that's like saying Uncharted 4 is a 6 hours game because there's a trophy for bearing the game in that timeframe.
Great news thank you. I know Infinite has the same kind of achievement for beating the game in under 8 hrs. and it was WAY longer than that for me and I didn't even do everything.

I'm looking forward to seeing GAFs reactions to this game. Hopefully it's good.

TexMex

It's pure speculation, the devs already said it's 8 hours long on average. There's a 2 hour Speedrun trophy but that's like saying Uncharted 4 is a 6 hours game because there's a trophy for bearing the game in that timeframe.

It isn't unfair at all. People are getting that trophy easily too. I'm not saying 2 is going to be the norm, but 4 certainly might be - you're talking about doubling the time. I'm not interested in what devs say is the length of their own game at all. When you do, you believe Dying Light 2 is a 500 hour game.

Xaero Gravity

NEXT LEVEL lame™
CatLady CatLady my condolences congratulations
SGBgaLM.jpg

Last edited:

leo-j

Yea with the amount of ps1 games they had in the ps3/p generation I would expect at least one a month.

Reactions: Isa
Yeah psplus plus and gamepass are not for me. I prefer to just buy what I want when I want and take my time.
I've been all over these topics going "YAAAS AMAZING DEAL BICH!" and then i just go back to play the games i actually bought, lmao.

But you know...it is a great deal. I can't wait to try out Returnal, Demon's Souls and some others.

begotten

I'm sticking to Essential but lets be honest - Game Pass is great because of Day 1 releases but you can't deny the actual quality of content in this new PS+ service is better given the first party games that are there and being added. If the classics catalogue wasn't a joke it'd easily be better. When are Sony going to accelerate this section of the service and do something about it?

Last edited:

begotten

What about Stray? What Day 1 AAA are you playing on GP that makes it better than PS+? This narrative needs to stop.

Are you okay? The point of my post is that the quality of content in PS+ is pretty much going to outweigh the perk of Day 1 releases on Game Pass. Your weird insecurity over two major corporations needs to stop.

Last edited:

Elios83

Stray is the highlight of the month for me, I would have bought it day one anyway.
I've already platinumed FF7 Intergrade but that's an other huge game.
The AC are also really good additions.
They should improve the Classics selection, it seems like Dino Crisis, Ridge Racer 2 and Soul Calibur were cut at the last minute, probably next month?

begotten

They should improve the Classics selection, it seems like Dino Crisis, Ridge Racer 2 and Soul Calibur were cut at the last minute, probably next month?

Idk. If they're next month then the Classics section is progressing way too slow. I'm hoping it was just some error because if 2 games a month is the standard then they're never going to get people to commit to that tier for more than a month.

Reactions: Isa

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
Amazing refresh for new games but the classics are pretty meh.

Fall Guys releasing on PS+ made it one hell of a success, not to mention Gamepass day one games being pretty common. Stray is receiving a lot of press, which would probably not happen without this deal (not to mention they must've gotten a lot of money from Sony)
As did Rocket League.

GhostOfTsu

Banned
Are you okay? The point of my post is that the quality of content in PS+ is pretty much going to outweigh the perk of Day 1 releases on Game Pass
I agree with this part 😁

Sorry I didn't mean you personally but I'm sick of all this marketing "Day 1 AAA on GP=better value" when they go months without any.

Sony never promised anything and their offerings are much better (service is also cheaper) with not much hype at all.

I agree with this part 😁

Sorry I didn't mean you personally but I'm sick of all this marketing "Day 1 AAA on GP=better value" when they go months without any.

Sony never promised anything and their offerings are much better (service is also cheaper) with not much hype at all.
There are day 1 indies basically every month. Even in the weakest 2 week GP drop I've seen (the one right now), DJ Max, Solcresta and Escape Academy are all day 1s. Probably a few more. Just had TMNT. David Cage wannabee shit coming in a few days day one. I think Garden Story is day 1 tomorrow. Probably more.

Last edited:

timmyp53

Being the first update ever for ps plus new tiers, it's not bad. Especially for extra which looks pretty great but premium should have at least 2-3 sought after classics at least. Like dinocrisis or tomba, Etc.

It's a brand new service so it'll evolve. What we have so far is promising.

Last edited:

TexMex

What people? The game isn't out yet. The game is clearly about exploration and getting the most out of every environment (you're a cat after all). So being able to beeline the story in 2 hours or less means very little in this kind of game.

You do understand countless outlets and influencers receive games before the consumer does, right? Plenty of people have talked about this trophy. Trophy data won't sync until launch day. Check the trophies on day one, and you'll see it isn't at 0.0% achievers.

hemo memo

Gold Member
FF7 Intergrade, Black Flag & Unity are solid. Stray is a good bonus although not sure how it will turn out.

buenoblue

I've been all over these topics going "YAAAS AMAZING DEAL BICH!" and then i just go back to play the games i actually bought, lmao.

But you know...it is a great deal. I can't wait to try out Returnal, Demon's Souls and some others.

Yeah it's a great deal, if you haven't played those games. Trouble is I already played most if not all the games on these services that I want to play. And the stuff that is interesting that I haven't played is usually pretty cheap in sales anyway🤷‍♂️.

Not really super excited about what I have seen of Stray, but might try it. Also interested in catching up with the allegedly best ACs Ezio and SR IV.
Hopefully they also sort out the missing titles. The above mentioned Italian deal seems to hind why it is such a mess. Lots of talks and then when it is supposed to be final, some people have forgotten what was actually agreed on.

Top Bottom