• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation Plus Game Catalog lineup for May: Ratchet & Clank: Rift Apart, Humanity, Watch Dogs: Legion

Aenima

Yooo, lets goooo.

Was waiting for Ratchet and Watch Dogs Legion to drop. Might check some of the indies too. Great month for me.

From Ubisoft just need Far Cry 6, then i dont think they have nothing left for me.

ReBurn

Gold Member
I’m seriously hoping that Sony are gonna do something big for Premium at their showcase.

We need proper PS2 emulation with the bangers brought out.
I hope so. The classics catalog is weak. The main value would be for people who want to stream games I guess. But I can't see that being a lot of people.

Bernardougf

Gold Member
You instead rent games that you don't really want?
Yep ... why buy a game at full price and normally play a inferior (bugged or gimped version if I can wait and play them with the subscription service and with the updates .. if is a game I really crazy about it ok I'll probably buy.. if not ? Just wait

.and thats the problem with subscription services and why they cannibalize sales and change people buying habits... changed my thats for sure

Last edited:

Alebrije

I still honestly believe the library of games on PS+ Extra is significantly better than GamePass. And it's almost half the price annually.
Guess is because Sony has better IPs....not day one but better games..

By example Kena is a great game, Ratchet this month is mutch better any "day one" has delivered this month.

ReBurn

Gold Member
And thats why I dont buy games that I dont really really want anymore .... time to play Ratchet for """"Free""""
There's not much value in owning most games for me, especially games I'll only play once. I just want to play games. With subscription services It usually costs me less than two dollars per game per month to play the games I want to play and there's no ownership model as cost effective for me. The only caveat is I usually don't play new games at launch unless I get lucky with GameFly. But honestly with the state games tend lo release in anymore it's usually best just to wait.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
Nothing has changed. Big games still selling massive amount of copies on release. If one of the publishers is willing to give away their games for free then more power to them, they are not the "market".
They are not even the leader, but yet somehow always treated like they are. Strange phenomena, I've noticed.

We used to say that about their PC games, then putting their games on the service. And now look at this.

The market is changing and Sony is reacting to that change.

They won't put their games day1 in 2-3 years though. They will do it slowly, like they did with their PC games.

Mystery No GIF by Studios 2016

I’ll download Ratchet for my younger kids. Glad I didn’t buy it. Sony, please add GT7 next, I’d like to not buy that as well. I’ll check out Humanity and Pursuit Force.

Man MS loves adding Bethesda games into these PS services.

Jusr check how releasing games on day1 on Gamepass is working out for MS and you'll see this is not the route Sony wanta to take.

Especially when Jim Eyan already said that day1 releases on PS+ is not something they wish to do
Xbox games don’t sell half as much as PS games do. The exclusives clean up. Don’t know the exact numbers but last I checked HZD outsold Gears 4, 5 and Halo 5 and it was a new IP. Makes no sense from a business perspective to lose all your first party sales to a subscription.

ToadMan

Now this is only because Xbox has been crap on day one first party releases, but at this point, ps plus extra is at this point better than gamepass.

Not sure about that, setting aside the first party stuff (actually why would we? I'll take R&C after 2 years vs Redfall day 1).

But even 3rd party stuff is looking stronger on extra now.

Maybe that's why Phil was so upset - GP was supposed to be his checkmate move, and Sony are snatching that from under him too.

Rykan

We used to say that about their PC games, then putting their games on the service. And now look at this.

The market is changing and Sony is reacting to that change.

They won't put their games day1 in 2-3 years though. They will do it slowly, like they did with their PC games.
Nobody said that. Everyone expected them to put more games on PC as soon as they've started doing it.

GreyHand23

Sony slightly kneecapped gamepass with the revamp. Yeah gamepass still gets more day ones, but the past year wasn't exactly nothing to right home about. Quite frankly the older titles ps plus is getting is looking tastier.
This is the big thing. Day 1 games isn’t as much of a selling point if the games either suck or won’t be good for years anyway like Redfall. I bought a XSX specifically for game pass and I can honestly say that there are more games on ps plus extra that I find worth playing than on game pass and that’s why I disagree wholeheartedly with Phil Spencer about releasing great games. People probably won’t sell their PS5s but some of them absolutely would get an Xbox or PC as well.

It's not that fun of a fact, tbh :messenger_tears_of_joy:, but yeah, it's a shame as it's a great game.
It is, I love it. But I bought it on PC. Unfortunately, the only way to play and enjoy Arkane games properly is on PC (for me). Their console ports often have terrible framerate, frame pacing and input lag. I think Deathloop was the only one of their console ports to actually run well, but I did not enjoy the actual game part of Deathloop.

feynoob

Banned
This is the big thing. Day 1 games isn’t as much of a selling point if the games either suck or won’t be good for years anyway like Redfall. I bought a XSX specifically for game pass and I can honestly say that there are more games on ps plus extra that I find worth playing than on game pass and that’s why I disagree wholeheartedly with Phil Spencer about releasing great games. People probably won’t sell their PS5s but some of them absolutely would get an Xbox or PC as well.
Gamepass edges with PC and EA. Without that, PS+ would have been better service.

15$ for PC, EA(console+PC), and day1 games is steal.

Fbh

Nice.
My subscription runs out in mid June and I was crossing my fingers for Ratchet as it's the last early Ps5 exclusive I haven't played (and which I want to)

engstra

Looking forward to trying out Ratchet & Clank. Just made the upgrade to a 4K OLED so I can't wait to see how beautiful it will look. Will definitely play Humanity and also heard Lake was supposed to be good

Kerotan

That's a real block buster month. So much quality.

Humanity | PS4
Interesting title might play if it doesn't take long to complete.

Ratchet & Clank: Rift Apart | PS5
Already platinumed it Day 1 but big addition.

Watch Dogs: Legion | PS4
Bought already years ago but I've yet to play it. I'm not salty as I bought gold edition very cheap.

Dishonored 2 | PS4
Dishonored: Death of the Outsider | PS4
Platinumed both but good additions. Back when this studio made good games.

Shadow of the Tomb Raider | PS4
Bored of this series after previous 2 games. Might do a quick easy mode playthrough.

Ghostbusters: The Video Game Remastered | PS4
never played any ghost busters but will give this a quick playthrough.

Crayon

It is just cheap enough for me to keep. Maybe. Subs don't work for me. I think ratchet, which I intended to buy and play, is the first game I tried waiting to hit a sub. And here goes 6 months/$50 of not using the service. More than it costs for the game!

If I had different habits it would be a great deal but I already have a massive collection of games to try out... mostly curated by me. So a sub is somewhat redundant.

Last edited:
Top Bottom