• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation Plus Monthly Games for January 2023: Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order, Fallout 76, Axiom Verge 2

Draugoth

Gold Member
cb23f4faac38c46b551e2c13e0635fa0b28a6676.jpg

Blogpost

Today we’re happy to reveal the PlayStation Plus Monthly Games for January. Escape the Empire’s clutches in single player adventure Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order, head into the wastelands with friends in online RPG Fallout 76 and enjoy platforming action in Axiom Verge 2. All three titles will be available to PlayStation Plus Essential, Extra and Premium members on Tuesday, January 3. The PlayStation Plus Extra and Premium lineups for January will be announced soon.

Let’s take a closer look at the Monthly Games lineup.

af37ff4c81e3f469f87a9c6dc60bd67f0219b2d7-scaled.jpg
View and download image

Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order | PS4, PS5

Cal Kestis’ story begins here. Ahead of Star Wars Jedi: Survivor launching in March, find out how Cal Kestis’ journey began in this original Star Wars story from Respawn Entertainment. Following the events of Episode III: Revenge of the Sith and Senator Palpatine’s deadly Order 66 — designed to destroy the Jedi order and pave the way for the Empire to rise — you are the last remaining Jedi Padawan and their last hope of survival. Pick up the pieces of your shattered past and complete your Jedi training, develop powerful Force abilities and master your Lightsaber on your quest to rebuild the Jedi. Fight to stay one step ahead of the Empire and its deadly Inquisitors, use your Jedi training to strategically approach every fight, and visit far-flung corners of the Star Wars galaxy, packed with new characters, creatures, enemies and droid.

145920e1ce6d935ad4cb27ad28f5865ebe2e6477.jpg
View and download image

Fallout 76 | PS4

Twenty-five years after the bombs fell, you and your fellow Vault Dwellers—chosen from the nation’s best and brightest – emerge into post-nuclear America on Reclamation Day, 2102. Play solo or join together as you explore, quest, build, and triumph against the wasteland’s greatest threats. Explore a vast wasteland, devastated by nuclear war, in this open-world multiplayer addition to the Fallout story. Experience the largest, most dynamic world ever created in the legendary Fallout universe.

bda2af6e1e4e6c4ff27050c00c33cfa4a9968eb6-scaled.jpg
View and download image

Axiom Verge 2 | PS4, PS5

Explore two connected worlds, wield ancient tech and question reality in this explorative platformer sequel, which expands on the universe with completely new characters, abilities and gameplay. Explore an alternate Earth-like world, replete with the ruins of an ancient, high-tech civilization. Hack machines, battle monsters and use your remote drone to enter the Breach, a parallel but connected reality that is filled with its own dangers. You’ll want to search every inch for the hidden items and upgrades you need to survive.

Last edited:

Heimdall_Xtreme

Jim Ryan Fanclub's #1 Member
Will sell my PS5 physical copy of Fallen Orden. Brought it for $25 in January. Thanks Sony will get that money back.
I was almost going to fall for EA's trap.

2 weeks ago I saw the price of 25 dollars for the Playstation 5 version... I was going to buy it, but I'm glad they waited for me... and I already saw the reason why the price dropped.

It was very strange to see why a good game and the ps5 version was cheap.

Trogdor1123

Was fallout 76 ever patched for 60fps?
I don’t see why they haven’t either. They did Skyrim and are doing fallout 4 but aren’t doing 76? Doesn’t make sense. 76 has recurring revenue too so I don’t see why they don’t. Once they do that I’m going to jump in

Drizzlehell

Banned
There should be a bigger spotlight on what games are being added or removed from Premium library because this also changes every month and yet it's really difficult to find any info about it.

Humdinger

I just bought Fallen Order for like $15. Looked good. I hadn't even noticed it before Jedi Survivor.

Last edited:

Mossybrew

Jedi Order looks so meh I don't know if I will even bother, guess I'll tuck it away for a really desperate time. I spent waaayyy too many hours on Fallout 76 so I've had my fill there.

OuterLimits

I was almost going to fall for EA's trap.

2 weeks ago I saw the price of 25 dollars for the Playstation 5 version... I was going to buy it, but I'm glad they waited for me... and I already saw the reason why the price dropped.

It was very strange to see why a good game and the ps5 version was cheap.

Companies do this shit constantly. I bought Yakuza like a Dragon when it had a really good sale of 60% off. I think two weeks later it was announced for PS+(Extra or essential, can't remember)

scydrex

Companies do this shit constantly. I bought Yakuza like a Dragon when it had a really good sale of 60% off. I think two weeks later it was announced for PS+(Extra or essential, can't remember)
Was going to buy it eventually but thanks Sony for that. They gave it for essential but is on extra too i think.

The_Mike

I cry about SonyGaf from my chair in Redmond, WA
my back log is forever growing.

started cyber punk.

started high on life

started TLOU2

started NFS unbound

started Days gone.

and my stupid ass keep coming back to GTA online
Why do you find great about gta online? Curious.

I tried getting into it but it feels silly and Hollow.

Imtjnotu

Why do you find great about gta online? Curious.

I tried getting into it but it feels silly and Hollow.
Running around with your friends causing chaos honestly if my favorite thing about it. Testing cars out. Leaping the low levels not get screwed over

Heimdall_Xtreme

Jim Ryan Fanclub's #1 Member

Those shoddy companies. That is their secret trap... When there are super discounts... You have to be careful, it's a trap 🐙. <-----The character of Star wars.

Last edited:

The_Mike

I cry about SonyGaf from my chair in Redmond, WA
Running around with your friends causing chaos honestly if my favorite thing about it. Testing cars out. Leaping the low levels not get screwed over
I had a very hard time figuring out how to play with my friends.

Maybe I was just stupid, but when I was playing in a group with a friend and we tried to find matches we always ended up in different matches.

jimmypython

good lineup! will definitely try Axiom Verge 2. Finished the first one but didn't like the boss fights. Wonder if there was any improvement int the sequel

Ansphn

Good month until I seen Fallout 76. That alone should make this good month into the worst this entire year.

Last edited:

Imtjnotu

I had a very hard time figuring out how to play with my friends.

Maybe I was just stupid, but when I was playing in a group with a friend and we tried to find matches we always ended up in different matches.
Ya normally best way to get in together is to use the ps5 sub menu and join them from the friends list directly

AndrewRyan

Looking forward to all three. Never played Fallout 76 but enjoyed the other fallouts so nice way to try even if my expectations are low.

Camreezie

Decent month.

Platinumed Fallen Order already , good game and makes sense with Survivor coming.
Axiom.verge was dope so the sequel is a good get
I'll never touch Fallout 76

engstra

Totally forgot that new games were already going to be announced.

For anyone who hasn't played Fallen Order, it's a really good game that as not a Star Wars fan I really enjoyed my time with and now looking forward to what improvements the next one will make. Axiom Verge 2 is a solid get and the type of game I want them to be offering every month.
Fallout 76 oooof. Got a free copy of it on release and noped out after about an hour of playing. I realise that there's been a lot of improvements made to it with NPCs added etc but no way I'm willing to go back and try that

Moonjt9

Axiom verge 2 is insanely good. Hope it means they fixed the trophy glitches on ps5 version. Still can’t get the plat for me.

Top Bottom