• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation Plus Monthly Games for May: EA Sports FC 24, Ghostrunner 2, Tunic, Destiny 2: Lightfall

My shit runs out in June…I’m done after 10 years. Fuck an expansion, and fuck a basketball, euro football, or racing game every damn month. How about baseball or American football for a damn change if you are going heavy on sports? And, extra is adding hot garbage now, plus taking actual good games off the service. They can eat a bag of one after the price increase. I’ll sub for a month if I ever give a shit again about any of the upcoming multiplayer trash that’s flooding the industry the last several years. Gamer since the early 90s…I never thought it would get to this point. Just sad.

Last edited:

Miyazaki’s Slave

Gold Member
I don't ever play any of the games on PS+ (I already own most of what they add outside of sports games) but I do add these to my collection any way.
I did the same thing with "games for gold". I haven't played xbox in a long time but would add the games each month...just to have'em.

Does everyone else do that or are you picky on what you choose to add to your library.

Is there any reason NOT to add all the games, just curious.

AteBitWolf

Neo Member
Ghostrunner 2 was a pretty big flop compared to the first game so no surprise there. Not a game for me unfortunately, I uninstalled the first one after about 30 minutes.
57cePgN.jpeg

Ghostrunner PS5 release: September 28, 2021 - PS+ March 1, 2022

Ghostrunner 2 PS5 release: October 26, 2023 - PS+ May 7, 2024

Confused Episode 7 GIF by Wrexham AFC

Arsic

Loves his juicy stink trail scent
That’s good eats.

Really happy with lightfall because I own all the expansions on PC, and on PS I’ve claimed them all but this for freeir close to free over time in odd end packages or mega discounts.

Now I can switch easily to PlayStation for the final expansion and not have to rebuy anything.

Nice!

hemo memo

Gold Member
Ghostrunner and Tunic are great. I own both, though.

FC24 and Lightfall? Yeah, no thanks.

Last edited:

xrnzaaas

57cePgN.jpeg

Ghostrunner PS5 release: September 28, 2021 - PS+ March 1, 2022

Ghostrunner 2 PS5 release: October 26, 2023 - PS+ May 7, 2024

Confused Episode 7 GIF by Wrexham AFC
The first one was a 2020 game, it got the next-gen versions later.

You can also compare the popularity on steamdb, G2 had only a 2200 player peak.

Last edited:

engstra

My shit runs out in June…I’m done after 10 years. Fuck an expansion, and fuck a basketball, euro football, or racing game every damn month. How about baseball or American football for a damn change if you are going heavy on sports? And, extra is adding hot garbage now, plus taking actual good games off the service. They can eat a bag of one after the price increase. I’ll sub for a month if I ever give a shit again about any of the upcoming multiplayer trash that’s flooding the industry the last several years. Gamer since the early 90s…I never thought it would get to this point. Just sad.
Don't know about american football but they've definitely included some MLB The Show games before. I would love to see an NHL game be included at some point. NHL12 and around that era when they first introduced the analog stick controls was absolute fire

Don't know about american football but they've definitely included some MLB The Show games before. I would love to see an NHL game be included at some point. NHL12 and around that era when they first introduced the analog stick controls was absolute fire
2019 was the only Show game they added and that was over three years ago.

I've tried too many Indies that take the visual style etc. of Zelda and end up having next to no understanding what made games like that fun to play.

I ignored Tunic for that reason, tell me it's different because I need a reason to try it lol.

Tunic is worth full price.

I'm wondering if it is a coincidence that the other games they give for "free" all essentially require a PS+ subscription to play.

TwiztidElf

I'm pleasantly surprised by FC24.
My most recent experiences with Fifa were Fifa14 that came free with my Xbox One and Fifa22 when it came to PS Plus, and I thought both were complete garbage.
I was expecting complete turd, so it was a nice surprise for this to actually play smoothly and be fun to play. Controlling the players is responsive, and it feels good passing the ball around.

T-0800

I hate it when they do close up shots of the crowd as they all look like zombies or something. How hard is it to make some good looking characters or even just, I don't' know, not zoom in on them?

Markio128

I tried FC24 for probably less than an hour before I deleted it in disgust. My god, they’ve completely ruined the manager career mode. The amount of useless shite you have to go through in the menus before each match is remarkable. The last time a played Fifa was a couple of years ago, and the career was pretty poor then, with too much faffing around, but now they’ve added more. It feels like actual work.

Top Bottom