• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation Plus Monthly Games for September Revealed

Gamer79

Predicts the worst decade for Sony starting 2022
Deathloop!?

season 3 mouse GIF by Portlandia
I bought it a couple months back, weird game. I have no idea how it got a 10 from any website.

leo-j

Tbh the amount of content is ridiculous:

SLY COOPER franchise
AC ORIGINS
WATCH DOGS 2
DEATHLOOP
And NFS

They used to have like 1 biggish game a month….. they dropping a lot of games every month. Between Yakuza and all the launch games for extra (Death St, Ghosts, guardians of the galaxy ) I’m like super back logged lol

Well since this thread is now about comparing services Ill point out that most of the games have been on both services.
I bit the bullet and paid for the Ps+ extra and scrolling through the games was a trip down memory lane from all the past years on Gamepass.
Its like Netflix getting all the HBO shows years later.

jm89

Well since this thread is now about comparing services Ill point out that most of the games have been on both services.
I bit the bullet and paid for the Ps+ extra and scrolling through the games was a trip down memory lane from all the past years on Gamepass.
Its like Netflix getting all the HBO shows years later.
Well yeah that's what happens when you lack good games that are made by your own studios and rely on third parties to make up for your deficiency.

Kagey K

Banned
Well yeah that's what happens when you lack good games that are made by your own studios and rely on third parties to make up for your deficiency.
Except they were indie garbage on Game Pass and exceptional now 2 years later.

It's the hipster " I liked it before it was cool" meme.

Taking things off PSNow to add them again under Permium is kinda weak though.

Last edited:

DeepSpace5D

Well no excuse for me not to try Deathloop now. Chicory and Toem are ones I’ll probably play through as well.

And compared to last month literally having no additions to the Premium tier, this is actually a good bounce back with Syphon Filter 2, the Sly Cooper games, and Toy Story.

Pretty good month once again.

FingerBang

Good month, definitely a big improvement over the previous one.
I bought it a couple months back, weird game. I have no idea how it got a 10 from any website.
I loved it. I had to push through the first few hours, until the game open up. From there it was a fantastic ride, can't recommend it enough.

Javthusiast

Banned
it is.........read the news.

New PS+ Premium Classics coming as well

- Syphon Filter 2 (PS1)
- The Sly Collection (PS3)
- Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time (PS3)
- Bentley's Hackpack (PS3)
- Toy Story 3 (PSP)
- Kingdom of Paradise (PSP)
Adressed as in, this selection is garbo muh dude.

People complaining about these services are just weird.

If 10 years ago someone told me PSPlus would have 3 tiers where we'd be getting entire franchises like this available including the rumoured (back then) Final Fantasy VII Remake and basically all PS4 1st party library in there I wouldn't believe them Lmao.

I also think you guys don't even play 20% of what these services provide and use these lists for console warring when the truth is both services are honestly amazing but hey maybe I'm wrong.

Banjo64

cumsessed
You're right, I too remember when all the playstation fans went around promoting PS Plus, regurgitating marketing word by word in unison.
giphy.webp

Thank fuck those days are behind us, horrid times.
Initially I thought ‘best deal in gaming’ was a meme to wind up the PS fans during the time when people were complaining about the amount of Game Pass threads, and I enjoyed the shithousery. Now when I read it I cringe out of my head.

072ac04035bef12e9cab2a43a8c0152a.gif

reksveks

People complaining about these services are just weird.

See post from a month ago.

The problem with 'fanboys' (including in politics) on all sides is that they don't care about winning or getting something, they just care about beating/hurting the other team.

Acquisition are just one such examples.

We sadly justify happiness in the context of others.

Sosokrates

Report me if I continue to console war
Then go make a freaking day one thread. Even if you feel like some people in a PS Plus thread didn't give Game Pass enough credit you don't have to warrior. It is a PS Plus thread. What do you expect?
Why dont you say that to the people saying PS extra/premium is the best sub service and implying its better then gamepass.

I would not need to talk about gamepass here if such ludicrous claims were not made.
But some folks cant help themselves they have to instigate console wars regardless if its a sony or Microsoft related thread.

Why dont you say that to the people saying PS extra/premium is the best sub service and implying its better then gamepass.
Which is better is not objective though. I care more about Sony's IPs whenever it gets added than getting MS stuff day1. Doesn't hinder me to recommend Series X&S and or free EGS games if someone just wants to play some stuff cheaply and has no preferences.

Sosokrates

Which is better is not objective though. I care more about Sony's IPs whenever it gets added than getting MS stuff day1. Doesn't hinder me to recommend Series X&S and or free EGS games if someone just wants to play some stuff cheaply and has no preferences.
Well the people saying ps extra was better certainly sounded like definitive statements....

Its funny, you have no problem when people say ps extra is better but when i say gamepass is better its straight to battle stations.

Last edited:

reinking

Gold Member
But some folks cant help themselves they have to instigate console wars regardless if its a sony or Microsoft related thread.
On that we agree. I just think you are demonstrating that you are one of them. This is a PS Plus thread. It will have PS Plus fans. Of course you are going to have some that think PS Plus is better than Game Pass in a PS Plus thread.

elco

So no one just has essential these days? I'm surprised to see so few comments about the shit tier games for essential. Definitely the worst month I can remember.

hinch7

So no one just has essential these days? I'm surprised to see so few comments about the shit tier games for essential. Definitely the worst month I can remember.
Its awful. Tbf we had a good couple of months before with Crash 4 and Tony Hawks Pro Skater.

SJRB

Gold Member
I really like all these classic Ubi games [Watchdogs 1/2, Ghost Recon Wildlands, Far Cry 4] getting added to Extra, but I really wish Ubi would release some performance patches.

Watchdogs 2 runs like 900p 30fps on the PS5, it's crazy.

engstra

I dunno, I think Toem is a great get. Exactly these kind of smaller hidden gem type of experiences I want them to offer rather than generic AAA yearly installment games

Sosokrates

On that we agree. I just think you are demonstrating that you are one of them. This is a PS Plus thread. It will have PS Plus fans. Of course you are going to have some that think PS Plus is better than Game Pass in a PS Plus thread.

Its telling that you and others and not telling this to people started all this by saying ps extra was better, it just shows your bias.

Also being a PS thread is not an excuse to act like ps fanboys and vice versa with Microsoft threads, if folks in ms thread started saying the sxs ssd is better you can be sure several posters would right that wrong and rightly so.

And theres a difference between instigating console wars with bait and actually having a valid point that gamepass day1 games is a big deal which pushes gamepass on top and no amount of mental gymnastics is going to change that.

If ps extra gets GOW: Ragnarok, forspoken etc on day 1 then we can talk...

Its telling that you and others and not telling this to people started all this by saying ps extra was better, it just shows your bias.

Also being a PS thread is not an excuse to act like ps fanboys and vice versa with Microsoft threads, if folks in ms thread started saying the sxs ssd is better you can be sure several posters would right that wrong and rightly so.

And theres a difference between instigating console wars with bait and actually having a valid point that gamepass day1 games is a big deal which pushes gamepass on top and no amount of mental gymnastics is going to change that.

If ps extra gets GOW: Ragnarok, forspoken etc on day 1 then we can talk...

It's only the best deal in gaming. It's not that serious

reinking

Gold Member
The are both great deals, but day1 games are a big deal and gamepass has more of them which are also more expensive games.
Dude, you call me bias. You will see I have never said anything negative about Game Pass. I love it. I do slant more toward Sony games because they cater more to my style but I have always, and will most likely continue, to be a multi console player. I have GPU and only PS Plus essentials. I'm a terrible example for bias of PS Plus over Game Pass. 😆

You are misunderstanding my point. You are in a PS Plus thread. Some people in this thread will believe the service they pay for and use is better than the service they choose not to. You chose to enter this thread and warrior for the other service. That is on you. Not them.

Sosokrates

Dude, you call me bias. You will see I have never said anything negative about Game Pass. I love it. I do slant more toward Sony games because they cater more to my style but I have always, and will most likely continue, to be a multi console player. I have GPU and only PS Plus essentials. I'm a terrible example for bias of PS Plus over Game Pass. 😆

You are misunderstanding my point. You are in a PS Plus thread. Some people in this thread will believe the service they pay for and use is better than the service they choose not to. You chose to enter this thread and warrior for the other service. That is on you. Not them.
I get the point your trying to make, but as ive said even if it is a PS thread if somone makes some silly statement it should still be challenged.
And the statements were not "I prefer ps extra" they were insinuating "ps extra is better then gamepass", there is a difference.
Your bias is you calling me out but letting the posters who said ps extra is better, slide.
Im not warrioring the other side. I like both services, but for the billionth time day1 games is is a big deal and gamepass is factually better in that area.

Theres ways to say what your preference is without it being console war bait, regardless if its a ps or xbox related thread, threads are not fanboy ecochambers.

Last edited:

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.
PSPlus Extra = Good
PSPlus Premium = Diabolical

I get the point your trying to make, but as ive said even if it is a PS thread if somone makes some silly statement it should still be challenged.
And the statements were not "I prefer ps extra" they were insinuating "ps extra is better then gamepass", there is a difference.
Your bias is you calling me out but letting the posters who said ps extra is better, slide.
Im not warrioring the other side. I like both services, but for the billionth time day1 games is is a big deal and gamepass is factually better in that area.

Theres ways to say what your preference is without it being console war bait, regardless if its a ps or xbox related thread, threads are not fanboy ecochambers.
I've just asked you to list AAA games on gamepass preferable newish ones and you dodge the question and use an emote.
I'll start for you.
Gears
Halo
Forza

Answer the question or gtfo. I also have gamepass btw.

MikeM

I wish Sony would just merge Extra with Premium, then create a Platinum tier for more $$$ but day 1 first party releases.

SpokkX

Tbh the amount of content is ridiculous:

SLY COOPER franchise
AC ORIGINS
WATCH DOGS 2
DEATHLOOP
And NFS

They used to have like 1 biggish game a month….. they dropping a lot of games every month. Between Yakuza and all the launch games for extra (Death St, Ghosts, guardians of the galaxy ) I’m like super back logged lol
is it really? is this "ridiculous" amount of content?

you obviously have not looked at the competition

personally i think this is really meager content, besides deathloop (which is still a year old now..)

MarkMe2525

Gold Member
Day 1 is meaningless when it's games people have no interest in playing.

Tinykin came out today and there's 215 people playing on Steam.

Immortality is 361

Midnight Fight Express all-time peak is 783

As Dusk Falls all time is 300 (20 people right now)

In comparison, Stray all-time is 62 963 😲 There are more people playing Stray right now (1894) than all your big "Day 1" games.
I don't know... A good game is a good game and while I can't speak to the rest of them, Tinykin is really really good. Also, weird comparison when you put it up against "Stray", as that is a game that has been marketed for years with Sony's weight behind it. Doesn't feel like an apples to apples comparison.

Last edited:

reinking

Gold Member

I will end it with this. You still miss the point. Some people do believe that PS Plus is better than Game Pass. You will most likely find them in a thread about PS Plus. You can choose to come in a PS Plus thread to warrior for Game Pass but you are wasting your time. It is cool if you believe Game Pass is better but some disagree.

reksveks

I don't know... A good game is a good game and while I can't speak to the rest of them, Tinykin is really really good. Also, weird comparison when you put it up against "Stray", as that is a game that has been marketed for years with Sony's weight behind it. Doesn't feel like an apples to apples comparison.
Yeah only learnt today that the quality* or value* of a game (never mind my own personal enjoyment) is related to the number of players who play it on Steam.

Not entirely sure what the point but if so, poor Toem ( https://steamdb.info/app/1307580/)

Every day is a new learning experience.

* both very subjective

Amiga

wtf, its been on sale for $20 since a month after release
full price in August when my catalog was getting dry. was busy with other games before. I stopped buying games on sale because many of what I paid for ended up on PS+ before I go to play them. so now I only buy a game when I want to start playing it.

Top Bottom