• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation readies PS5 game streaming

mckmas8808

Mckmaster uses MasterCard to buy Slave drives
They have remote play but they are going to enable the streaming of games that may not be stored locally on your console. This is essentially going to help those that may not want to buy more storage. If the game is supported you should be able to just boot it up through the cloud instead. It's what Microsoft has been talking about implementing but I have no idea where they are at with that.

Yeah it's weird that Xcloud is still in beta.

Bojanglez

The Amiga Brotherhood
Yes, seeing starfield it makes me feel dirty playing it on gamepass. I rather lapse my sub and buy the game outright in september.
This is one of the reasons I ditched Gamepass, a game like starfield looks like it will be worthwhile playing for months and coming back to over time. Given that you'll be able to buy a key for £50 I'd rather just do that and will have access to it forever. Just debating whether to get it for Xbox or Steam. Xbox don't allow cloud streaming for games purchased yet do they?

jm89

Even though I'm still skeptical of the q. Adding cloud streaming with some of your owned digital titles would be make me consider it.

With the amount of talking they are doing with cloud streaming recently, it seems all but guaranteed it will get cloud streaming eventually.

Portugeezer

It's not unrealistic at all.
But considering the lack of even native PS2 games on PS Plus Premium....who knows?
If they ever release PS3 games natively on PS5, I would upgrade to premium. They could get some games working, I'm sure.

Maybe they'll wait to see if premium subscriptions slow down before doing it, to use as a selling point in the future.

JaksGhost

I don't think it's weird. As long as you have to wait to get into a game sometimes it's clear they're not putting enough resource behind it to make it mainstream.
I find it weird that something that was first announced in 2019 with a promised 2020 release still has yet to come to fruition 4 years later. If the Sony deal with Azure is still alive is Microsoft themselves just now getting it going? You know, things that make you go 🤔

We believe in the freedom to play and the freedom to choose. In 2020 we will enable gamers to stream from the cloud Xbox games that they already own or will purchase. We will also add game streaming from the cloud to Xbox Game Pass. Gamers will be free to discover, choose, and play their favorite games anywhere and everywhere.

mckmas8808

I don't think it's weird. As long as you have to wait to get into a game sometimes it's clear they're not putting enough resource behind it to make it mainstream.

I guess I see it as weird since they talk about streaming as if it's one of their main three pillars of Xbox. But it sounds like the reality is, it actually isn't.

mckmas8808

If they ever release PS3 games natively on PS5, I would upgrade to premium. They could get some games working, I'm sure.

Maybe they'll wait to see if premium subscriptions slow down before doing it, to use as a selling point in the future.

Project Q has literally NO USE if it can't stream games that you purchased. It'll be the biggest waste of R&D in Playstation history. I'd buy it if it's $200 and can stream games that I own.

Banned
So what are they gonna do with their PS3 server blades? Sooner or later they’re going to have to replace them right?

How unrealistic is it to think that they are working on a proper PS3 emulator for PS5?

watch them not allowing you to play your own PS3 games even after they have a perfectly running PS3 emulator tho lol

Last edited:

reksveks

I find it weird that something that was first announced in 2019 with a promised 2020 release still has yet to come to fruition 4 years later. If the Sony deal with Azure is still alive is Microsoft themselves just now getting it going? You know, things that make you go 🤔

It's going to be around the commercial deals with publishers, keen to see what games are supported when the owned game streaming happens.

I think MS need to get a kick up their bum on this project/task as well as their streaming demos.

Top Bottom