• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation registers Ghost of Ikishima Domain which is a Ghost of Tsushima Standalone Type Game

SLB1904

Banned
23a2dfe5916f05e9281b32fbe32ccc2b0529d5fb.gif

PlayStation recently registered a domain for Ghost of Ikishima, which just confirms the existence of this rumoured Ghost of Tsushima Standalone Game.
This domain was registered 2 days ago, and it redirects to PlayStation’s Official Website.

source:Gaming route

Kuranghi

Confirmed then I guess.
obviously gonna be cross gen, but will a PS5 version look drastically better then Ghost of Tsushima?

Probably "just" higher fps and resolution for PS5 version but I really hope they push the LODs out and increase the quality of alpha effects for trees as well, which kind of go hand-in-hand since much of the environment is trees.

Off-topic - I just rewatched The Rock and I was sad to see you (read: John C. McGinley) die with your feet on fire which dangling from a minecart like that, what a nasty way to go, RIP. What a silly film that is :LOL:

• Triggered
Reactions: TGO

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Domain was just registered 2 days ago, and we've known about this for longer than that?

GAF, you slippin'.

GymWolf

damn that shit is gonna look mindblowing on PS5

hope they improve the combat, take notes from TLOU 2, make that shit more visceral and visually stunning.
Sucker punch is allergic to ragdoll and their gore system in tsushima is shit, i have zero trust in them getting even close to tlou2 visceral feeling.

Prepare for more samey precanned death animations and enemies that glue on the terrain after dying if the first game is anything to go by...

I hated this shit in the first game.

Last edited:

Wooxsvan

hawt. i never played the original but id be down for buying both if i can save some cash on the total purchase.

SLB1904

Banned
Sucker punch is allergic to ragdoll and their gore system in tsushima is shit, i have zero trust in them getting even close to tlou2 visceral feeling.

Prepare for more samey precanned death animations and enemies that glue on the terrain after dying if the first game is anything to go by...

lol what? how cant you not like that? thats literally one of the best parts about it cause it looks like the classics samurai movies. ragdoll looks so stupid out of place. how? you prefer ragdoll lol

Kuranghi

lol what? how cant you not like that? thats literally one of the best parts about it cause it looks like the classics samurai movies. ragdoll looks so stupid out of place. how? you prefer ragdoll lol

I wouldn't want ragdolls flying all over the place ofc but it would be much better if they didnt hang over edges and the like, that does kinda ruin the moment sometimes. Watching the same explosion-throw and heavy arrow hit animations 100+ times got boring too, many games combine an animation and ragdoll to great effect, that would be welcome here.

Make them "heavy" ragdolls like in Spiderman:MM where the simulation is a bit more clamped than other games and doesn't allow for massive "wanging" of the bodies off into the distance, obviously that wouldnt fit.

I would also like the dismemberment to be much better than it is, it culls the arm in such a fast and weird way (not sure there is even an animation its so fast, I believe the arm does end up on the ground though iirc) it would be great to see it happening in slow motion or otherwise.

Last edited:

GymWolf

I don't give a fuck about samurai movies, it looks fake as fuck and in another universe compared to tlou2 (that use ragdoll).

Ragdoll is only stupid if you devs make the bodies too light, tlou2 and max payne 3 are some of the most acclaimed games when it comes to hit reaction\death animations and both use ragdoll, havong enemies that dies with the same 4-5 animations for 50 hours is hideous, and then they glue on the terrain so if you are close to a cliff you see silly stuff like bodies not falling down because they are glued to the terrain, how is this more realistic than a body having realistic movements post-mortem?!

Matter of taste i guess.

GymWolf

I wouldn't want ragdolls flying all over the place ofc but it would be much better if they didnt hang over edges and the like, that does kinda ruin the moment sometimes. Watching the same explosion-throw and heavy arrow hit animations 100+ times got boring too, many games combine an animation and ragdoll to great effect, that would be welcome here.

Make them "heavy" ragdolls like in Spiderman:MM where the simulation is a bit more clamped than other games and doesn't allow for massive "wanging" of the bodies off into the distance, obviously that wouldnt fit.
Yes exactly, people talk like ragdoll is only like from games where bodies are super light.

Spiderman is a great example of good ragdoll.

Kuranghi

Yes exactly, people talk like ragdoll is only like from games where bodies are super light.

Spiderman is a great example of good ragdoll.

When you say ragdoll it feels like many people are still thinking of the Minority Report tie-in game and Unreal Tournament 2003, which were comical as hell.

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.
Probably "just" higher fps and resolution for PS5 version but I really hope they push the LODs out and increase the quality of alpha effects for trees as well, which kind of go hand-in-hand since much of the environment is trees.

Off-topic - I just rewatched The Rock and I was sad to see you (read: John C. McGinley) die with your feet on fire which dangling from a minecart like that, what a nasty way to go, RIP. What a silly film that is :LOL:
giphy.webp

Last edited:

SLB1904

Banned
I don't give a fuck about samurai movies, it looks fake as fuck and in another universe compared to tlou2 (that use ragdoll).

Ragdoll is only stupid if you devs make the bodies too light, tlou2 and max payne 3 are some of the most acclaimed games when it comes to hit reaction\death animations and both use ragdoll, havong enemies that dies with the same 4-5 animations for 50 hours is hideous, and then they glue on the terrain so if you are close to a cliff you see silly stuff like bodies not falling down because they are glued to the terrain, how is this more realistic than a body having realistic movements post-mortem?!

Matter of taste i guess.
to be fair how many time you will be fighting on a cliff lol. i know know exactly what you mean. its jarring yes. but its one those things you brush off as ''its a video game''.
secondly
''I don't give a fuck about samurai movies'' and thats why we have different views. fair enough

GymWolf

to be fair how many time you will be fighting on a cliff lol. i know know exactly what you mean. its jarring yes. but its one those things you brush off as ''its a video game''.
secondly
''I don't give a fuck about samurai movies'' and thats why we have different views. fair enough
It was not only cliffs, there was boats, roofs etc, sure not super common but common enough to be ridicolous.

Samurai movies are the quintessential example of theatrics over realism, death scenes are as ridicolous in tushsima as they are in those movies to me, nothing even close to how dynamic and visceral are the kill in stuff like tlou1-2, dying light, max payne 3 etc.

I just hate precanned death animation and absence of good ragdoll in any game, horizon is my past gotg and human combat was absolutely shit also thanks to this stuff, it was like shooting peas to some mannequins...and it was even more sad because killzone was fucking ace with how visceral the combat was.

Last edited:

SLB1904

Banned
Samurai movies are the quintessential example of theatrics over realism, death scenes are as ridicolous in tushsima as they are in those movies to me, nothing even close to how dynamic and visceral are the kill in stuff like tlou1-2, dying light, max payne 3 etc.

I just hate precanned death animation and absence of good ragdoll in any game, horizon is my past gotg and human combat was absolutely shit also thanks to this stuff, it was like shooting peas to some mannequins...and it was even more sad because killzone was fucking ace with how visceral the combat was.
i love it.. and it feels great. the rumble is very well implemented in this game.
ConcernedEnergeticIberianemeraldlizard-max-1mb.gif

this is just too beautiful.

Represent.

Represent(ative) of bad opinions

Yup. I found it hard to play this game right after TLOU 2. the combat just looked 2 gens behind what i just played in that game. All the enemies dying withthe same damn animation. they need to step that shit WAYY up. Bar has been raised big time. Combat needs to look brutal and violent.

GymWolf

Yup. I found it hard to play this game right after TLOU 2. the combat just looked 2 gens behind what i just played in that game. All the enemies dying withthe same damn animation. they need to step that shit WAYY up. Bar has been raised big time. Combat needs to look brutal and violent.
Well tbf, what games comes close to tlou2 in term of realism and brutality? rdr2, max payne 3, and not much else.

95% of devs need to step up their games when they make realistic looking games.

But at least in tsushima i know for sure that devs aimed for this result to emulate samurai movies (with great results), but what's the excuse for the other devs?!

But yeah, precanned death animations\no ragdoll is a big no no for me.

Last edited:

Kokoloko85

What a waste of time. They could of been working on the sequel instead, making it bigger and better. And more importantly making it come faster

Wow! Its real! I'm so down for more Ghosts. I love the beautiful world and gameplay loop. Switching between ghost and samurai (with the 4 stances) made combat so varied and enjoyable. Only my second platinum trophy.

LectureMaster

Gold Member
Nice, the GoT type of refined open world is quite enjoyable as a nice balance between formulized Ubi open world and expensive highly detailed RDR2 open world.

DenchDeckard

Moderated wildly
A shorter more streamlined GOT could be perfect. I've struggled to get back into it in act 2. Does the game pick back up? I just hit a wall with it because I can't help but 100 percent stuff.

Last edited:

Zeroing

Banned
What a waste of time. They could of been working on the sequel instead, making it bigger and better. And more importantly making it come faster
It will come, you know they took a long time to launch GOT because their previous game was cancelled?

the team is bigger now, I’m sure some of the team is already working on the sequel.

D

Deleted member 471617

Unconfirmed Member
Super hyped for this!!! Can't wait to see it and more importantly play it!!

Top Bottom